Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Back day without DL

Hey all just wanted to see how those of you who ditched DLs, are running their back days now. I got pretty strong on DLs able to max at 500 but damn the warmup and recovery after takes a toll on you and I don’t feel it so much in my back anyways. Been thinking of switching to rack pulls. But anyways you meatheads who don’t DL anymore how do u treat your back days ?

What kind of back you trying to build? Cause you need a lot of angles and Exercises to develop a complete back.

(11-10-2019, 09:31 PM)Jalisco07 Wrote: What kind of back you trying to build? Cause you need a lot of angles and Exercises to develop a complete back.

A thick wide back lol

(11-11-2019, 01:54 AM)Juicebox Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 09:31 PM)Jalisco07 Wrote: What kind of back you trying to build? Cause you need a lot of angles and Exercises to develop a complete back.

A thick wide back lol

If I sub rack pulls for deads:
One arm bb rows 4x6-8 pyramid up then 4 working sets heavy
SUPER SET with supinated lat pull downs 4x10-12
Rack pulls 4x3-4 still heavy
Dumbbell row one warm up and 1 working set heavy
Tbar rows but targeted for upper back 3 pump sets one heavy
Pull ups til failure 2 sets

Get better at deadlifts. The lift itself is a staple and you're losing a lot of total body muscle growth, conditioning/cardio work, explosive strength and general strength gains. Treat everything else on back day like a bodybuilder, but train deads the way a powerlifter would. The movement lends itself more to low reps and heavy loads. Burnout sets at the end with like 405 or something for high reps can help finish off your back day but the meat of your work should be working in singles, doubles and triples. The bodybuilders with the best backs also had amazing deadlift strength. 500 is cool, but it's also a natty accomplishment number. You're here, so you're probably on gear and should be aspiring for something closer to the 700 mark. 500 should be a weight you can move for good sets of 8.