Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Bloodwork - eGFR at 71

I know that BUN and Creatinine can be elevated If you lift and consume a high protein diet, but my eGFR is at 71. I’ve heard this is a better indicator of kidney function if you lift but I’m wondering why the hell is mine so low? Looking back at past labs from 2013 (when I was 21) it was only at 81. Should I be concerned about this? From what I’ve seen this number should be way higher than it is.

I’d appreciate any insight here

Note - I just started my first pin of Test E this past weekend so this isn’t from AAS.

Thanks!

So your egfr is based on an equation that factors in creatinine and age/sex. Many seem to think it’s a separate test which is untrue. What is your creatinine? Height weight?

(02-11-2020, 04:45 AM)Stinky Wrote: So your egfr is based on an equation that factors in creatinine and age/sex. Many seem to think it’s a separate test which is untrue. What is your creatinine? Height weight?

@Stinky BUN is 26 and Creatinine is 1.36.

That’s right on the border. If you’re a bigger guy it might be appropriate. Make sure you’re not lifting for several days before test, hydrate well. I would also want a serum Cystatin C. Little more expensive but is not influenced by muscle mass. You should also be checking urine for protein.

(02-13-2020, 02:39 PM)Stinky Wrote: That’s right on the border. If you’re a bigger guy it might be appropriate. Make sure you’re not lifting for several days before test, hydrate well. I would also want a serum Cystatin C. Little more expensive but is not influenced by muscle mass. You should also be checking urine for protein.

@Stinky Thanks for the reply. I mean I did train 4hrs prior to the test. And I’m 6’4 about 180 11-12% body fat so I wouldn’t consider myself like a mass monster or anything lol

(02-11-2020, 04:45 AM)Stinky Wrote: So your egfr is based on an equation that factors in creatinine and age/sex. Many seem to think it’s a separate test which is untrue. What is your creatinine? Height weight?

Dear lord thank you for saying this. So many people don't realize that they're the same fucking thing and it drives me crazy.