Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Fertility

Been B&C for about 3 years now, currently 28 years old. What is the general consensus on maintaining fertility for us?

I've been using HCG off and on during the past few years. I've been told I should constantly use it to maintain fertility and was told 1000-1500 IU a week. That seems like a lot as I usually use 500 IU per week like I am now.

Others seem to suggest that you don't need any fertility protocol until you want to conceive.

Let's say I want to have kids 10-15 years from now. Assuming I'm on TRT for the majority of that time with blasts thrown in -- should I be worried about this? Is freezing sperm overkill or should I wait to worry until I want to conceive and then use the fertility drugs like HMG and HCG?

If Ronnie Coleman can have children, you will be able to have children.

I personally will always run HCG. I read a good study a doctor did testing exactly that and it went something like over 50% of the ones who ran HCG while on steroids had kept perfect fertility and the other 50% had lower fertility but were on HCG and able to become fertile at a much higher rate than the ones who did not use it. The study showed that some were completely unable to become fertile again due to steroids no matter what, and using HCG lowered this chance by a good margin.

(06-30-2020, 06:05 AM)fattyboydylan Wrote: I personally will always run HCG. I read a good study a doctor did testing exactly that and it went something like over 50% of the ones who ran HCG while on steroids had kept perfect fertility and the other 50% had lower fertility but were on HCG and able to become fertile at a much higher rate than the ones who did not use it. The study showed that some were completely unable to become fertile again due to steroids no matter what, and using HCG lowered this chance by a good margin.

Thanks for the replies. How much do you run? I’m currently running 250 IU twice a week. I’ve run a vial or two off an on over the past three years, haven’t been on it 24/7.

(06-30-2020, 09:29 AM)MikeAlstott Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 06:05 AM)fattyboydylan Wrote: I personally will always run HCG. I read a good study a doctor did testing exactly that and it went something like over 50% of the ones who ran HCG while on steroids had kept perfect fertility and the other 50% had lower fertility but were on HCG and able to become fertile at a much higher rate than the ones who did not use it. The study showed that some were completely unable to become fertile again due to steroids no matter what, and using HCG lowered this chance by a good margin.

Thanks for the replies. How much do you run? I’m currently running 250 IU twice a week. I’ve run a vial or two off an on over the past three years, haven’t been on it 24/7.

I do 500iu 2x/week. That should keep your balls close to, but a bit below baseline.

I've been blasting 1g of Test, plus deca, tren, and orals cycled in and out for 8 years. Never touched HCG in my life. Conceived on my third month of trying (relatively quick in terms of fertility). Blasting shouldn't really affect your fertility at all - it's only the small doses of Test that shut you down, once the doses get higher, fertility comes back.

I know this sounds like bro-science, but it's my anecdotal evidence and I've talked to others who either have conceived on high doses or know/train with other powerlifters who have conceived on high doses.

(06-30-2020, 09:38 PM)jag28 Wrote: Blasting shouldn't really affect your fertility at all - it's only the small doses of Test that shut you down, once the doses get higher, fertility comes back.

I know this sounds like bro-science, but it's my anecdotal evidence and I've talked to others who either have conceived on high doses or know/train with other powerlifters who have conceived on high doses.

It doesn’t sound like broscience, it IS broscience.

Your personal experience is not a substitute for evidence based research, none of which supports your theory.

Yes, it’s possible to conceive while blasting without using hCG, but the notion that blasting improves fertility is just plain wrong.

(06-29-2020, 05:08 PM)MikeAlstott Wrote: Been B&C for about 3 years now, currently 28 years old. What is the general consensus on maintaining fertility for us?

I've been using HCG off and on during the past few years. I've been told I should constantly use it to maintain fertility and was told 1000-1500 IU a week. That seems like a lot as I usually use 500 IU per week like I am now.

Others seem to suggest that you don't need any fertility protocol until you want to conceive.

Let's say I want to have kids 10-15 years from now. Assuming I'm on TRT for the majority of that time with blasts thrown in -- should I be worried about this? Is freezing sperm overkill or should I wait to worry until I want to conceive and then use the fertility drugs like HMG and HCG?

I am 30 and have been blasting and cruising along with hcg for the past 5 years. My wife and i decided to have kids this year and I got tested 2 months after a blast and pct. still had sperm but low motility and low sperm count. It generally takes 90 days for sperm production to complete its cycle. Tested again 4 months after pct and my motility and count were above average. Im sure its different for everyone but that was my experience. Do proper pct and dont get crazy with doses on cycle and you should be fine

(06-29-2020, 05:08 PM)MikeAlstott Wrote: Been B&C for about 3 years now, currently 28 years old. What is the general consensus on maintaining fertility for us?

I've been B&C for about 3 years now like you. I've been using hcg ever since the beginning, 1,000iu per week spread out over 3 equal injections. My wife and I conceived during the first month of actually trying, she used the ovulating test strip too. That was about a year and a half ago, we have a healthy baby.

By the way, the hcg was from @LockandLoadLabs, I've bought hcg from there the whole time, works great and now we have a beautiful baby thanks to that little glass vial with a tiny white powder wafer inside.

(07-01-2020, 07:34 PM)FixerUpper Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 09:38 PM)jag28 Wrote: Blasting shouldn't really affect your fertility at all - it's only the small doses of Test that shut you down, once the doses get higher, fertility comes back.

It doesn’t sound like broscience, it IS broscience.

Your personal experience is not a substitute for evidence based research, none of which supports your theory.

Yes, it’s possible to conceive while blasting without using hCG, but the notion that blasting improves fertility is just plain wrong.

I mean that's just a strawman. I never said it improved fertility, I explicitly said it "shouldn't affect your fertility". No effect =/= improvement.