Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

First cycle (basic cut from Reddit), not "feeling" it...

I'm on 200mg test-e a week and 75mg of anavar (25mgx3) daily. I've been on 200mg of test-e a week for over a year (TRT) and just recently added the anavar to aid with a cut. It's been about a week on the anavar and all it's done is make me extremely hungry. I actually gained some weight and find it impossible eat below my TDEE. Everywhere I ask about this I just get called out as if I'm missing something very obvious, but nobody then clarifies what they mean. I don't really feel any performance increase... in fact the ONLY thing that's changed is my appetite.

So what am I obviously missing? Thanks!

Even on drugs calories matter(and you acknowledged this). Drugs help but won't fix that.

On another note what are your current stats/picture. If body fat is already low it becomes another level of dedication to lose the next bit.

(01-14-2020, 10:39 PM)notnattynewb Wrote: On another note what are your current stats/picture. If body fat is already low it becomes another level of dedication to lose the next bit.

I don't want to post a picture to remain anonymous, but I have a good 15 pounds to lose, and I'm above 15% body fat. I'm decently strong though and my training is on point.

Maybe your var isn't legit? You need to put yourself in a calorie deficit. The var and test's main job is just to retain as much muscle you already have while you go on a calorie deficit so that your muscle pops out more as you shed the fat.

I was 13% body fat (DEXA) at 190lbs and then went on a cycle of 50 mg of var a day and 125 mg test-e a week. In the 7 weeks on var, I stayed the same weight but lost 4% body fat. I was eating 2300-2500 calories, carb cycling (saving carbs for leg days basically), and doing a powerbuilding program that had 4 heavy compound workouts a week and several bodybuilding accessories with a rep scheme of 3-5 sets and 12 reps. My results were very noticeable.

(01-15-2020, 09:25 PM)nietorpym55 Wrote: Maybe your var isn't legit? You need to put yourself in a calorie deficit. The var and test's main job is just to retain as much muscle you already have while you go on a calorie deficit so that your muscle pops out more as you shed the fat.

I was 13% body fat (DEXA) at 190lbs and then went on a cycle of 50 mg of var a day and 125 mg test-e a week. In the 7 weeks on var, I stayed the same weight but lost 4% body fat. I was eating 2300-2500 calories, carb cycling (saving carbs for leg days basically), and doing a powerbuilding program that had 4 heavy compound workouts a week and several bodybuilding accessories with a rep scheme of 3-5 sets and 12 reps. My results were very noticeable.

I think you're right that it's me not eating below TDEE. I'm working on fixing that now. I got the var from a supplier on this forum with great user reviews so I doubt it's not legit... That said I don't really "feel" anything from it. I'm not on a high amount of test-e with it though (200mg a week).

That's a pretty low dosage and it's only been a week dude. Almost no AAS will actually make you legitimately 'feel' anything; This is mostly horse shit. Tren, Halotestin, Methyl Tren, TNE, TrNE, Anadrol, some people with Dbol (It's a different feeling but it exists), and the sarm S23 (The only one I would recommend anyone even bother with) all give a feeling of being on something and it's probably just due to being really fucking powerful drugs. Aside from Dbol, all of those listed will give you amazing focus and drive in the gym at high enough doses and to an extent they will actually make the weight you move feel weightless whether you can actually complete the lift or not (So like, you could feel like the bar is empty while dropping into the hole of an 800lb squat but if you don't have the strength to squat 800lbs you won't come back up despite it feeling like it's weightless) which is pretty hard to grasp until you feel the effect yourself. Mind you, a stressful day or shitty mood will nullify those feelings quickly but if you keep your head in a good place you will feel like a fucking machine in the gym. This is also where guys end up getting injured, but that's for another topic.

Contrary to those other AAS, Dbol makes a lot of people just genuinely feel good. I would say equate it to a low dose anti-depressant in that it can elevate your mood positively without going through the pathways that also potentially cause some anger. For me, Dbol at 100mg/day or higher makes me far more optimistic about more or less everything going on in my life and it's a lot harder to bring my mood down. I don't think the effect scales up with dosage though.

As for gains: IT HAS BEEN A WEEK! The most you should be cutting in a week on anything is 1-2lbs and definitely aiming more for 1lb. Hell, aim for half a pound even. That's not enough to even notice yet because your stomach contents and clothes alone probably fuck the scale weight up by 3-7 pounds easily. Give yourself the entire length of the blast before you complain. Var is NOT very powerful and is NOT even close to magic. I would guesstimate on 75mg/day you can probably be burning about 15% more calories than normal just due to the anabolic properties of the drug but 15% is not a huge amount of calories and nowhere near enough to be making up a loss of multiple solid pounds weekly like you're probably hoping for.

TL/DR: Shit is not magic, Var is weak, body changes take time, unless you run IFBB pro doses you will need just about as long as a natty does in order to see noticeable changes on just 200 test/75 var.

Var makes me super fucking hungry as well. I was eating 5000+ calories a day and woke up still hungry. When normally I can eat 2500 and be super full. Drop your var dose, drop the var completely, or just bulk on it. After about 10 days I legit looked liked superman. All the food went to my muscles and I looked even leaner than before. Var is insane, not mild. YMMV

(01-16-2020, 01:43 PM)ForgotMuhName Wrote: That's a pretty low dosage and it's only been a week dude. Almost no AAS will actually make you legitimately 'feel' anything; This is mostly horse shit. Tren, Halotestin, Methyl Tren, TNE, TrNE, Anadrol, some people with Dbol (It's a different feeling but it exists), and the sarm S23 (The only one I would recommend anyone even bother with) all give a feeling of being on something and it's probably just due to being really fucking powerful drugs. Aside from Dbol, all of those listed will give you amazing focus and drive in the gym at high enough doses and to an extent they will actually make the weight you move feel weightless whether you can actually complete the lift or not (So like, you could feel like the bar is empty while dropping into the hole of an 800lb squat but if you don't have the strength to squat 800lbs you won't come back up despite it feeling like it's weightless) which is pretty hard to grasp until you feel the effect yourself. Mind you, a stressful day or shitty mood will nullify those feelings quickly but if you keep your head in a good place you will feel like a fucking machine in the gym. This is also where guys end up getting injured, but that's for another topic.

Contrary to those other AAS, Dbol makes a lot of people just genuinely feel good. I would say equate it to a low dose anti-depressant in that it can elevate your mood positively without going through the pathways that also potentially cause some anger. For me, Dbol at 100mg/day or higher makes me far more optimistic about more or less everything going on in my life and it's a lot harder to bring my mood down. I don't think the effect scales up with dosage though.

As for gains: IT HAS BEEN A WEEK! The most you should be cutting in a week on anything is 1-2lbs and definitely aiming more for 1lb. Hell, aim for half a pound even. That's not enough to even notice yet because your stomach contents and clothes alone probably fuck the scale weight up by 3-7 pounds easily. Give yourself the entire length of the blast before you complain. Var is NOT very powerful and is NOT even close to magic. I would guesstimate on 75mg/day you can probably be burning about 15% more calories than normal just due to the anabolic properties of the drug but 15% is not a huge amount of calories and nowhere near enough to be making up a loss of multiple solid pounds weekly like you're probably hoping for.

TL/DR: Shit is not magic, Var is weak, body changes take time, unless you run IFBB pro doses you will need just about as long as a natty does in order to see noticeable changes on just 200 test/75 var.

Thanks man, this is exactly what I needed to see. I believe my expectations were completely out order, mostly due to people at my gym and elsewhere hyping everything up. It's been a couple days since my initial post and my weight dropped back down to where it should be and I'm feeling a lot better overall. The hunger has gone down and I can tell I'm "drying out" a bit. I imagine by the time I'm done with the cycle I'll definitely have results, but they might not be as drastic as I initially believed.