Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

First cycle sides questions

Hey guys, just trying to look for some general experiences from some of you more seasoned vets in this game. I'll be 32 in a few months and will be jumping on my first cycle (I will post a separate thread on my research and details of what I believe to be correct way to go about it at a later date).

So, like I said, I am 32. I am in the middle of cutting down on body fat. I am 5'10 and normally 178lbs but currently at 165 and really leaning out. My biggest concern is my hair. I have a pretty decent hair line compared to most of my friends although my hair has always been very fine. Not a big deal, it always looks good. Just wondering if I should expect any major changes to my hairline or how common changes take place if I am taking 500mg of test a week. I figure its a possibility but is it like a 60-40, or 80-20 yes?

Another question is in regards to my mental health. My wife of 5 years and I have decided to part ways this past week. Its probably the most civil break up ever. We are really good friends and have everything figured out which is extremely refreshing. There aren't any hard feelings, no animosity or resentment. We both just have different directions in life and feel like its the best move.

I guess I just don't want to get started in this and then all of a sudden be effected and start to act irrationally, lose myself or fall into some sort of depression. I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this as I have read how the "roid rage" stigma is very overblown and stems from people taking shitty stuff from a shitty UGL.

Sorry for writing a book - just wanted to get some opinions from some of you guys as I don't have any close friends who are on anything or are experienced with this.

(01-14-2020, 04:56 PM)gator19 Wrote: Hey guys, just trying to look for some general experiences from some of you more seasoned vets in this game. I'll be 32 in a few months and will be jumping on my first cycle (I will post a separate thread on my research and details of what I believe to be correct way to go about it at a later date).

So, like I said, I am 32. I am in the middle of cutting down on body fat. I am 5'10 and normally 178lbs but currently at 165 and really leaning out. My biggest concern is my hair. I have a pretty decent hair line compared to most of my friends although my hair has always been very fine. Not a big deal, it always looks good. Just wondering if I should expect any major changes to my hairline or how common changes take place if I am taking 500mg of test a week. I figure its a possibility but is it like a 60-40, or 80-20 yes?

Another question is in regards to my mental health. My wife of 5 years and I have decided to part ways this past week. Its probably the most civil break up ever. We are really good friends and have everything figured out which is extremely refreshing. There aren't any hard feelings, no animosity or resentment. We both just have different directions in life and feel like its the best move.

I guess I just don't want to get started in this and then all of a sudden be effected and start to act irrationally, lose myself or fall into some sort of depression. I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this as I have read how the "roid rage" stigma is very overblown and stems from people taking shitty stuff from a shitty UGL.

Sorry for writing a book - just wanted to get some opinions from some of you guys as I don't have any close friends who are on anything or are experienced with this.
All depends on your family history, is anyone in your family bald or going bald. In my experience hair loss is always a side effect and if not hair loss, you will get thinning of the hair. The anabolic just speed up the process at which you lose hair.

Others may disagree with me - oh well Smile

1) Do you have baseline bloodwork?
2) I'd educate yourself more on how the drugs you are taking work. E.G - if on Test, what causes possible hair issues...Understanding these will help you manage sides better. Of course - until you start you don't really know how YOU will react, IMO - its very individual. For me - high estrogen = irritable - but NOT angry/mean or even "short-fused"...most of this is in my head vs expressed to anyone...High(er) HCT = head pressure and some redness...so I donate...
3) I'd start with a smaller dose..275/300mg week. This is your first cycle..no reason to rush the dosage, IMO - even more so if that you should have ZERO "serious" sides from this amount and will be easier to learn your body.. I'd plan for bloodwork before, during and then after.

I should have mentioned as I knew it would be brought up. All the men in my family seem to keep a good majority of their hair. Everyone that is 50+ has a receding hairline but still more hair than not. So I obviously expect that to happen. Just wasn't sure if jumping on anything would speed up the process and if so, does anyone find it reversible when they eventually come off?

As for blood I absolutely plan on getting my baselines. I have an annual work meeting across the country for a week at the end of January so my plan was to pretty much use this month to lean out, cut out the social drinking and just get ready to get after it for the next 15 weeks starting within the first two weeks of Feb.

(01-14-2020, 06:59 PM)gator19 Wrote: I should have mentioned as I knew it would be brought up. All the men in my family seem to keep a good majority of their hair. Everyone that is 50+ has a receding hairline but still more hair than not. So I obviously expect that to happen. Just wasn't sure if jumping on anything would speed up the process and if so, does anyone find it reversible when they eventually come off?

As for blood I absolutely plan on getting my baselines. I have an annual work meeting across the country for a week at the end of January so my plan was to pretty much use this month to lean out, cut out the social drinking and just get ready to get after it for the next 15 weeks starting within the first two weeks of Feb.

Once you lose hair it’s hard to get it back the same and yes compounds speed up the process.

(01-14-2020, 07:28 PM)Nacville Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 06:59 PM)gator19 Wrote: I should have mentioned as I knew it would be brought up. All the men in my family seem to keep a good majority of their hair. Everyone that is 50+ has a receding hairline but still more hair than not. So I obviously expect that to happen. Just wasn't sure if jumping on anything would speed up the process and if so, does anyone find it reversible when they eventually come off?

Once you lose hair it’s hard to get it back the same and yes compounds speed up the process.

If this why the Rock is bald? I'm joking. but prob.

(01-14-2020, 07:31 PM)gator19 Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 07:28 PM)Nacville Wrote:

If this why the Rock is bald? I'm joking. but prob.
100% but then again bald looks goon and if not you can adapt a new hairstyle to your life. It’s all worth it when your satisfied with the way you look!

If you are 32 and already seeing thinning hair, then most likely you already have a genetic predisposition to MPB. That said, using AAS (generally) could speed the process up. You would have to decide if you want to hold on to your hair for as long as you can, or not worry about it . Trying to put a percentage on what or how much or how fast is really just guessing. Yes, some compounds are worse than others, but if that is something that is overwhelmingly important to you, then you might want to rethink the AAS game at all.

You said you were going to research before your 1st cycle....that’s a good idea.... but baseline test blood levels would probably be something you do so you know where you start from. The idea is to start as low and simple as you can. 500 test only cycle is not really a “mild” starter cycle. I would suggest a test only 250 cycle for a 1st run.

5’’10 165 leaves you a lot of room to grow even with a minimal starting cycle. A minimal cycle will also let you get used to sides/aggression,etc.

FWIW , my 1st 250 test only cycle gave me decent gains and attitude and mood were actually MUCH better than before I started.

(01-14-2020, 08:36 PM)EpicFlash Wrote: If you are 32 and already seeing thinning hair, then most likely you already have a genetic predisposition to MPB. That said, using AAS (generally) could speed the process up. You would have to decide if you want to hold on to your hair for as long as you can, or not worry about it . Trying to put a percentage on what or how much or how fast is really just guessing. Yes, some compounds are worse than others, but if that is something that is overwhelmingly important to you, then you might want to rethink the AAS game at all.

You said you were going to research before your 1st cycle....that’s a good idea.... but baseline test blood levels would probably be something you do so you know where you start from. The idea is to start as low and simple as you can. 500 test only cycle is not really a “mild” starter cycle. I would suggest a test only 250 cycle for a 1st run.

5’’10 165 leaves you a lot of room to grow even with a minimal starting cycle. A minimal cycle will also let you get used to sides/aggression,etc.

FWIW , my 1st 250 test only cycle gave me decent gains and attitude and mood were actually MUCH better than before I started.

I appreciate your input and sharing your experience with your first cycle. Mood and attitude is definitely something I hope to benefit from as well. I have been moody and irritable for the last two years it feel. I haven't done bloods yet but reading more into the AAS game makes me think my T might be a little lower. I am hoping to get some time next week to get bloods drawn and then go from there.

Hair) As said I think it has a lot to do with your gene's. Most of the guys I know and myself that are on, who's family doesn't have balding issues have had no hair loss issues. However that is not a guarantee. Personally I have always had great thick hair, and at the most it's thinned a little over the last three years of cycling. Nothing that worries me. For me the compound that has affected this the most was Nandrolone.
Mood) Ever since starting on test my mood and feeling of wellness has been great. Even on Tren I don't get aggressive, however if you are naturally aggressive it could multiply that. The only time I've had negative mood changes is when I am cruising and it's nothing that isn't tolerable and mostly because I wait to inject towards the very end of the ester Half-life causing spikes and dips.