Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

First cycle started

About me:
Late 20's.
H: 5'9"
W: 140lbs
Eating roughly 3k cals a day, I know it's not alot but with my size currently it's hard eating that much as it is. But I'm definitely trying to gorge myself. I do the 5x5 workout plan. Been on it for 3 months so far, before then it was every other day CrossFit.

Blood work came back flawless on everything. I'm as healthy as can be.

Purpose:
I just want to gain weight, fat or muscle mass. Preferably muscle mass but I'd be happy with either. Something to up my appetite, and give me enough weight to continue to work with after cycle and hopefully jump start my weight gain. So I'm not looking to get ripped, or completely jacked necessarily. My purpose is not a summer bod, but to put on weight in general since my gorging isn't enough, and I've been this same same for the last 10 years.

What I have:
2x Test C, 250mg/ml 10ml
1x HCG, 5,000iu
1x Nolvadex, 20mg, 50 tabs

Planning to:
10 week cycle
Test - 1ml, twice a week.
HCG - 250iu every 4-5 days.

PCT:
Nolvadex - 40mg/40mg then 20mg/20mg

First T injection today 3/6/2020

My dumb question(s):
Should I take the HCG during cycle, or after?
I'm just not sure when it will be most valuable.
And am I completely stupid for not also utilizing an AI with this cycle?
If it is completely stupid should I stop, since I just did my first injection, and order an AI, then start the cycle after it comes in?

(Also, I did research on both the HCG and AI. Some are saying HCG during cycle, some say save it for PCT. Some say use AI during your cycle, some say why add more things into the mix I've been fine without it etc.)

Also, is it completely ridiculous to the forum that I'm doing this? Do you think with my current H/W I'll see any valuable gain in weight? Or am I just wasting time/money doing this?

Excited to hear your replies. Also, I've been lurking for months even after purchasing gear. I've learned alot by reading since.

(03-06-2020, 06:16 PM)ectomorphsty Wrote: About me:
Late 20's.
H: 5'9"
W: 140lbs
Eating roughly 3k cals a day, I know it's not alot but with my size currently it's hard eating that much as it is. But I'm definitely trying to gorge myself. I do the 5x5 workout plan. Been on it for 3 months so far, before then it was every other day CrossFit.

Blood work came back flawless on everything. I'm as healthy as can be.

Purpose:
I just want to gain weight, fat or muscle mass. Preferably muscle mass but I'd be happy with either. Something to up my appetite, and give me enough weight to continue to work with after cycle and hopefully jump start my weight gain. So I'm not looking to get ripped, or completely jacked necessarily. My purpose is not a summer bod, but to put on weight in general since my gorging isn't enough, and I've been this same same for the last 10 years.

What I have:
2x Test C, 250mg/ml 10ml
1x HCG, 5,000iu
1x Nolvadex, 20mg, 50 tabs

Planning to:
10 week cycle
Test - 1ml, twice a week.
HCG - 250iu every 4-5 days.

PCT:
Nolvadex - 40mg/40mg then 20mg/20mg

First T injection today 3/6/2020

My dumb question(s):
Should I take the HCG during cycle, or after?
I'm just not sure when it will be most valuable.
And am I completely stupid for not also utilizing an AI with this cycle?
If it is completely stupid should I stop, since I just did my first injection, and order an AI, then start the cycle after it comes in?

(Also, I did research on both the HCG and AI. Some are saying HCG during cycle, some say save it for PCT. Some say use AI during your cycle, some say why add more things into the mix I've been fine without it etc.)

Also, is it completely ridiculous to the forum that I'm doing this? Do you think with my current H/W I'll see any valuable gain in weight? Or am I just wasting time/money doing this?

Excited to hear your replies. Also, I've been lurking for months even after purchasing gear. I've learned alot by reading since.

If you're going to run gear you've got to be 100% committed and into it man. Should'nt question a thing, research should have lead you to your decisions. I'm noone to be giving advice as I'm just getting into the darkside but just my 2 cents. Plenty of guys made their come up from being small guys like you but you should have a solid base naturally and reach your genetic natural potential before you run gear.

If I were you I'd try to drink your calories to get the calories you cant get with appetite. Weight gainers and such... I had a buddy who would make gainer shakes and throw in hot dogs and peanut butter just to get calories. He was identical to you...started working out HARD and eating more than anything else and he put on 20lbs in 2 years of mass(fat and muscle) went from 140-165lbs in 2-3 years...packed on muscle too.

(03-06-2020, 07:24 PM)ProfessionallyUnprofessional Wrote: [quote="ectomorphsty" pid='83949' dateline='1583518594']

If you're going to run gear you've got to be 100% committed and into it man. Should'nt question a thing, research should have lead you to your decisions. I'm noone to be giving advice as I'm just getting into the darkside but just my 2 cents. Plenty of guys made their come up from being small guys like you but you should have a solid base naturally and reach your genetic natural potential before you run gear.

If I were you I'd try to drink your calories to get the calories you cant get with appetite. Weight gainers and such... I had a buddy who would make gainer shakes and throw in hot dogs and peanut butter just to get calories. He was identical to you...started working out HARD and eating more than anything else and he put on 20lbs in 2 years of mass(fat and muscle) went from 140-165lbs in 2-3 years...packed on muscle too.

I'm definitely committed to it. I just had some secondary questions and request for advice.
I do drink some calories but not all. My morning shake consists of 600cals, also 2 eggs and yogurt, anything more heavy than that and my stomach starts yelling at me. I also drink a protein shake before bed but with only 150 calories. Sometimes I'll throw in some olive oil for added calories.
I'm really just winging my meal prep at the moment with basics. Salmon/veggies/quinoa, chicken/cheese/broc/rice, a ton of chili, spaghetti/bread, crockpot stew loaded with potatoes/meat/carrots.
They usually last me for 2 dinner and 2 lunches.
I also try to snack alot between then.
Again, for me it's hard to force food down. I've got IBS and GERD which love to compliment each other, the only good thing is I'm forced to have a decent diet and staying away from not so ideal foods.
I've actually just started with a personal trainer who has a decent track record in the BB world. He's wanting me in and out of the gym in 30-45mins with a nice routine. He said he doesn't want me to over work myself and end up burning more calories than I can take in.
I appreciate your response!

There’s so much I could say but whatever it’s your choice... that being said you need to eat a hell of a lot more if you expect to gain anything. I suggest getting some mk677 to increase your hunger to help down some more calories. If you can find some high calorie dense foods that you can tolerate well I’d be stuffing my face with it.

(03-06-2020, 08:07 PM)Jethrogen Wrote: There’s so much I could say but whatever it’s your choice... that being said you need to eat a hell of a lot more if you expect to gain anything. I suggest getting some mk677 to increase your hunger to help down some more calories. If you can find some high calorie dense foods that you can tolerate well I’d be stuffing my face with it.

I've got to say the only reason I decided to even consider this is seeing a few guys on the steroid subreddit who were in my same position, and they had positive results from it.
I'm absolutely going to take in more calories, I'm shooting for 5k now. Still at 3 main meals per day, but also introducing 3 smaller meals between them(high calorie). I know I can't start forcing food down my stomach at once, and my plan leads into my intake of that 5k calories, but right now I'm starting at 3k calories. Mk77 is something I'll look into if it's going to aid my appetite.
Can I ask what you want to say?
Again this is open to any advice or words of caution, and questions.

Anabolic steroids are literally the last thing you need for your situation/goals. You need to eat those 3k calories every day and start training consistently for no less than a year. In that time, you'll easily put on 10 or 15lbs of muscle naturally, along with about the same amount of fat. The key is consistency here. Diet, training, sleep, it all needs to be tight. Adding in 500mg test per week is gonna make you a bloated miserable mess and could work against you. There are no shortcuts, put in the work naturally and then maybe consider gear after you actually know how to train.

(03-06-2020, 08:20 PM)mdwilson2011 Wrote: Anabolic steroids are literally the last thing you need for your situation/goals. You need to eat those 3k calories every day and start training consistently for no less than a year. In that time, you'll easily put on 10 or 15lbs of muscle naturally, along with about the same amount of fat. The key is consistency here. Diet, training, sleep, it all needs to be tight. Adding in 500mg test per week is gonna make you a bloated miserable mess and could work against you. There are no shortcuts, put in the work naturally and then maybe consider gear after you actually know how to train.

Great response.
Would you consider CrossFit, but switching to the 5x5 as not being consistent training over the last roughly 2 years?
The reason why I switched to the 5x5 was to get in the habit of focusing on key areas, and increase load. Crossfit was great at creating correct form and motion as well, but I never gained because it drained me. I ate more then but man I wasn't seeing any weight gain at all.
So in your opinion should I not even consider a cycle? If it's going to potentially work against me should I stop now and just work with whatever natural means I can accomplish?

My opinion is stop your cycle, especially if you only did 1 pin. Others can chime in and get some more opinions.

I'm not a huge fan of 5x5 (I assume you mean mehdi) for a small guy like you, because it's actually quite a bit of volume, especially squatting, and it could be too much for newbie lifters.

I had a lot of success running wendler's 5/3/1 method. It allows you to make steady progress on the squat, bench, deadlift, and ohp while minimizing the chance for injury. The rate at which you acquire strength on 5/3/1 is more or less proportional to the rate at which you gain weight, especially for you. In addition to the big 4 compound movements, you should also be doing things like pull ups, dips, rows, push ups etc. You could have a 250lb squat and deadlift, and maybe a 180ish bench in a year on 5/3/1. By year 2, you'll be well into the 300s for squat and dead, and probably over 225 bench.
All of this is contingent on eating, training, and sleeping/recovering. And you can do it naturally quite easily.

(03-06-2020, 09:28 PM)mdwilson2011 Wrote: My opinion is stop your cycle, especially if you only did 1 pin. Others can chime in and get some more opinions.

I'm not a huge fan of 5x5 (I assume you mean mehdi) for a small guy like you, because it's actually quite a bit of volume, especially squatting, and it could be too much for newbie lifters.

I had a lot of success running wendler's 5/3/1 method. It allows you to make steady progress on the squat, bench, deadlift, and ohp while minimizing the chance for injury. The rate at which you acquire strength on 5/3/1 is more or less proportional to the rate at which you gain weight, especially for you. In addition to the big 4 compound movements, you should also be doing things like pull ups, dips, rows, push ups etc. You could have a 250lb squat and deadlift, and maybe a 180ish bench in a year on 5/3/1. By year 2, you'll be well into the 300s for squat and dead, and probably over 225 bench.
All of this is contingent on eating, training, and sleeping/recovering. And you can do it naturally quite easily.

You're awesome man thank you for this.
Correct on Mehdi.
I'm looking at the 5/3/1 right now. I want to try this. I'm looking over some of the other sample workouts. And I have no problem at all switching to this and see what kind of progress can be made. Again, I'm just itching to gain weight.
It's just wild to me that I work on a computer 8 hours a day basically inactive, consume on average 3k calories a day(usually it's closer to 4k looking back at myfitnesspal), workout every other day even after cutting out the intensity of CrossFit, and I still can't even gain a pound of fat lol. Who knows, maybe I should see a Dr, I could have some mystery issue of my body not being able to break down nutrients, carbs or proteins correctly.
I appreciate your help man. I'll stop for now, keep it stored, and see what comes after what you recommended.
I shouldn't have to take any Nolvadex since it was just one pin right?

There's a guy who knows a lot about the science side of hormones. OP is asking if he needs to pct after one pin

@Dexter