Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Golf Ball Sized Lump at Injection Site

About 4 days ago I injected into my right VG site which was at the time a virgin muscle. Ever since the injection area has developed a painful lump the size of a golf ball. It's not really warm to the touch nor is there any discoloration. I also injected on my leg VG the day after and while it was initially quite painful it has completely subsided now. Now I only had access to a 1.5 inch needle at the time so when I was shooting into my right VG I kind of only tried to go 2/3 of the way in which resulted in a very shaky needle during the injection, whereas with my left VG I went all the way in. As such I'm pretty sure this is a sub q leak but I've found surprisingly little to read on about sub q leaks online so I wanted a second opinion. Are the symptoms consistent with a sub q leak and if so what should I do to alleviate some of the pain and limited mobility?

Thank you in advance.

It's a subQ leak. Hard lump, usually itchy and irritating.

It will be gone in ten days.

Also you're gonna want to get a bunch of different needles. 1.5" needles are fine if that's what you like, but it's better to have needles so you can pin all over your body.

I have:
20g 1.5" to draw up oil.
23g 1"
25g 5/8" and 1"
27g 1/2"
29g 1/2"

It just makes life easier when you're pinning delts, lats, chest, obliques, triceps, anywhere you can get a needle.

Some of us use some air in our syringe to clear out the oil and this might form an airlock to prevent subQ leaks, it's not full proof as I had a SubQ leak just the other day pinning my lats that was about half the size of a golfball, but I also injected 1.5ml.

(11-10-2019, 08:59 PM)Dexter Wrote: It's a subQ leak. Hard lump, usually itchy and irritating.

It will be gone in ten days.

Also you're gonna want to get a bunch of different needles. 1.5" needles are fine if that's what you like, but it's better to have needles so you can pin all over your body.

I have:
20g 1.5" to draw up oil.
23g 1"
25g 5/8" and 1"
27g 1/2"
29g 1/2"

It just makes life easier when you're pinning delts, lats, chest, obliques, triceps, anywhere you can get a needle.

Some of us use some air in our syringe to clear out the oil and this might form an airlock to prevent subQ leaks, it's not full proof as I had a SubQ leak just the other day pinning my lats that was about half the size of a golfball, but I also injected 1.5ml.

I thought as much I appreciate it man. And I've gotten a wide range of needles to not run into this issue again.