Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

HIgh RBC / Low ferritin levels

Ok so i'm on TRT dose of test , and my RBC keeps getting at 18.5 and hematocrit 54.
I'm eating healthy , doing cardio and taking naringin+grapefruit seed extract and also eating 1 grapefruit a day.
Hydrating a lot too.

I donate every 2 months , before my last blood donation my ferritin levels were at 60ng/l , so i guess after the blood donation it may have went to almost 0 .
I did/do feel better after blood donation for a week , then slowly i feel my RBC going back up and having brain fogs , shortness of breath and anxiety.

I may also have symptoms of low iron but idk because i have those of high RBC.

How do you guys manage this problem on TRT or AAS?

@Dexter

What's your weekly TRT dose, ester, and frequency of injection? What does your cardio look like? Have you been tested for sleep apnea?

(02-18-2019, 01:51 PM)FixerUpper Wrote: Don’t stress too much about your HCT levels. Assuming that you’re an otherwise healthy human (no history of clotting factor disorders, Afib, etc.), there is nothing dangerous about a HCT value that’s well into the 50’s.

The reference range for HCT is somewhat unrelated to an association of what’s considered optimal, or “in good health”. It takes an extremely high HCT value for there to be a legitimate concern about ones safety or cardiovascular risk. There is a very distinct and important difference between a person with an isolated HCT value that is elevated, and someone who has that same HCT result in addition to other hematology lab value (mainly platelet) abnormalities. One is a non-issue, the other is a legitimate medical concern.

It’s more important to focus on your RBC count rather than HCT. It’s time to donate blood when RBC are becoming problematic. But even then, mild elevation of RBC count is far from an immediate life threat as well. Although it’s absolutely not something that you want to ignore either.

Point being, there’s a very significant difference between erythrocytosis and polycythemia.

(07-31-2020, 08:58 PM)mdwilson2011 Wrote: What's your weekly TRT dose, ester, and frequency of injection? What does your cardio look like? Have you been tested for sleep apnea?

(02-18-2019, 01:51 PM)FixerUpper Wrote: Don’t stress too much about your HCT levels. Assuming that you’re an otherwise healthy human (no history of clotting factor disorders, Afib, etc.), there is nothing dangerous about a HCT value that’s well into the 50’s.

The reference range for HCT is somewhat unrelated to an association of what’s considered optimal, or “in good health”. It takes an extremely high HCT value for there to be a legitimate concern about ones safety or cardiovascular risk. There is a very distinct and important difference between a person with an isolated HCT value that is elevated, and someone who has that same HCT result in addition to other hematology lab value (mainly platelet) abnormalities. One is a non-issue, the other is a legitimate medical concern.

It’s more important to focus on your RBC count rather than HCT. It’s time to donate blood when RBC are becoming problematic. But even then, mild elevation of RBC count is far from an immediate life threat as well. Although it’s absolutely not something that you want to ignore either.

Point being, there’s a very significant difference between erythrocytosis and polycythemia.

I"m using 80mg test P E3D , it's not really TRT but i wanted to use 250mg but i lowered to 80mg E3D to lower rbc.
Been using for years already without coming off , first years i never had problem with RBC/hematocrit , last 2 years been giving blood 4 times a year .
I never Blast , just cruise or TRT dose.

Cardio is 3-5x 30min of stairmaster.
I didnt get tested yet for sleep apnea , i don't snore or anything else and i'm in my 20s only , should i still get tested?

I think you've figured out by searching other topics that 80mg of Test prop E3D is very far from ideal. If you aren't aware of this tool, use steroidplotter to compare injecting 80mg test p e3d compared to 20mg test p every day. It's not really an option with prop, it must be pinned every day. There is some evidence that injecting a longer releasing ester more frequently can help with keeping hct down. Personally I use Test E 25mg M/W/F for 75mg weekly. This puts my testosterone around 600ish, and keeps hct from shooting up near 60% (which it has been during a test/tren/mast blast). Theoretically, using Test U should provide the absolute best conditions for controlling crit, so long as you don't really plan on ever coming off.

You can also reduce your "trt" dose for even better chance of lowering hct. 160mg puts me well over 1500ng/dl, (probably closer to 2000 with prop) but it can put other guys barely above 600. Might be a good idea to have an honest conversation with yourself and ask if keeping your testosterone at the very high end of normal is a good idea for longevity.

Depending on your size, it's also worth considering diversifying your cardio. Maybe throw in some higher intensity running, swimming, or biking. The idea is that more intense cardio increases plasma volume over time, thereby reducing crit.

As far as sleep apnea, if you're really concerned then it's probably a good idea to get tested. Lots of people have it and don't even realize.

(08-01-2020, 04:52 PM)mdwilson2011 Wrote: I think you've figured out by searching other topics that 80mg of Test prop E3D is very far from ideal. If you aren't aware of this tool, use steroidplotter to compare injecting 80mg test p e3d compared to 20mg test p every day. It's not really an option with prop, it must be pinned every day. There is some evidence that injecting a longer releasing ester more frequently can help with keeping hct down. Personally I use Test E 25mg M/W/F for 75mg weekly. This puts my testosterone around 600ish, and keeps hct from shooting up near 60% (which it has been during a test/tren/mast blast). Theoretically, using Test U should provide the absolute best conditions for controlling crit, so long as you don't really plan on ever coming off.

You can also reduce your "trt" dose for even better chance of lowering hct. 160mg puts me well over 1500ng/dl, (probably closer to 2000 with prop) but it can put other guys barely above 600. Might be a good idea to have an honest conversation with yourself and ask if keeping your testosterone at the very high end of normal is a good idea for longevity.

Depending on your size, it's also worth considering diversifying your cardio. Maybe throw in some low intensity running, swimming, or biking. The idea is that more intense cardio increases plasma volume over time, thereby reducing crit.

As far as sleep apnea, if you're really concerned then it's probably a good idea to get tested. Lots of people have it and don't even realize.

Yes , it's not really TRT but more of a low cruise.
I read yesterday that test undec doenst increase HCT that much compared to test E/C , so i can't imagine with test P.

Would taking 80-100mg test C E3D better for HCT compared to 80mg test P E3D? i read about test undec long time ago and peopel don't feel that good on it , i don't remember why tho.

i'm going to do other cardio yes , and i will add 500-1000mg curcumin each meal too.

For sleep apnea , i'm thinking about it yes

on 75mg test E/w , where s your hematocrit/RBC ? did you try IP6 , curcumin to nlock iron absorption ?

My recommendation would be 50mg Test E or C E3.5days (Monday morning and Thursday evening. Obviously you can choose any days you want as long as injections are about 84hrs apart). You should still be able to maintain your physique on that dose, unless you're seriously gigantic AND lean.

On 75mg/wk it keeps my hct around 50%. Keep in mind that crit is variable depending on lots of factors. As mentioned, I've had crit get up to 54%+ even with generous TRT doses. I've not tried IP6 or curcumin, and evidence surrounding them seems to be undetermined.