Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

How to prevent doctor from asking questions for bloodwork values

I recently did bloodwork and my doctor is up in my ear about the elevated testosterone values, etc. I haven't told him I'm using anabolics but don't want to get in trouble with the law. What is the best move here?

(03-24-2020, 04:55 PM)LuckyRustin Wrote: I recently did bloodwork and my doctor is up in my ear about the elevated testosterone values, etc. I haven't told him I'm using anabolics but don't want to get in trouble with the law. What is the best move here?

Assuming that you’re in the US, there is absolutely zero risk of getting into legal trouble by admitting to a doctor that you use AAS.

Your doctor may choose to not continue seeing you as a patient, but he can’t legally report you to the authorities for this.

(03-24-2020, 06:41 PM)FixerUpper Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 04:55 PM)LuckyRustin Wrote: I recently did bloodwork and my doctor is up in my ear about the elevated testosterone values, etc. I haven't told him I'm using anabolics but don't want to get in trouble with the law. What is the best move here?

Assuming that you’re in the US, there is absolutely zero risk of getting into legal trouble by admitting to a doctor that you use AAS.

Your doctor may choose to not continue seeing you as a patient, but he can’t legally report you to the authorities for this.

Alright, thank you. I will let him know then. I hope he continues to do my bloodwork

Yeah the doctor might dump you, but he can't do anything to you legally.

As for gaming lab values, run short esters for a few weeks leading up to lab work and then stop a week before the labs, your values will bottom out, the second you get out of the doctors office have a syringe loaded with your favorite manjuice.

Find a new doc? If you can't just don't tell him.

Sorry to hijack.. If I'm cruising a bit higher than my TRT (on cyp), how long before a blood test should I drop my dose to my prescribed amount?

Just my unwarranted .02 cents here -

If you feel like you can't be brutally honest with your doctor because he doesn't agree with your lifestyle choices - find a new doctor. Primary care physicians are a dime a dozen and there will be one out there who will actually care about you and your lifestyle choices. If your current one has a problem with the choices that you're making (and you want to try and continue using him/her), I would recommend making an appointment with him and just having a sit down to discuss everything. HIPAA laws will cover your medical history provided you aren't planning on causing life-threatening harm to yourself or someone else. Some doctors just have rigid left and right limits on what they consider to be healthy/normal/acceptable but they're also there to aide with caring for your body.
US Domestic: Oils - Orals - HGH - Peptides - Raws - Pharmaceuticals
International: HGH - Raws - Pharmaceuticals

www [dot] southerncompounding [dot] io

Wickr: SouthernComp
SouthernCompounding [at] tutanota [dot] com
SouthernCompounding [at] protonmail [dot] com

(03-25-2020, 03:45 PM)SouthernCompounding Wrote:

If you feel like you can't be brutally honest with your doctor because he doesn't agree with your lifestyle choices - find a new doctor. Primary care physicians are a dime a dozen and there will be one out there who will actually care about you and your lifestyle choices. If your current one has a problem with the choices that you're making (and you want to try and continue using him/her), I would recommend making an appointment with him and just having a sit down to discuss everything. HIPAA laws will cover your medical history provided you aren't planning on causing life-threatening harm to yourself or someone else. Some doctors just have rigid left and right limits on what they consider to be healthy/normal/acceptable but they're also there to aide with caring for your body.

Sort of to the same effect SOCO is stating. Is your primary American? They can be more prickly on this subject. I've dealt with a ton of docs and I found that Indian (like from Asia) doctors or 2nd gen Indian doctors do not give a fuck. They usually have pretty good personalities so they're easy to talk to and will either help you or just order what you say you want done. Might just be my experience but like others have said on here, just be straight up and if they dump you its not hard to find another one ready and willing to get more patients.

If your doctor makes a diagnosis, and insurance pays for the visit, and the doctor makes comments in your file, and the insurance company flags your claim for review, then those Dr comments will be visible to the entity reviewing your claim. Your name probably won’t be immediately accessible to that entity, but I still don’t trust big insurance not to flag you as a drug user.

Source: my SIL is a physics therapist who got a stay at home gig reviewing claims for a big Insurance company as a contractor. I grilled her as hard as I could without saying I abuse AAS. What she told me was frightening. She had direct access to everything except name / social. Your history, test results, Dr notes, prescriptions. Every single thing that is submitted to insurance for a claim, they own it.

(03-25-2020, 03:45 PM)SouthernCompounding Wrote:

He did end up being ok with it after some convincing. I appreciate all the responses. Thanks.