Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Negative Experience with ExpressPCT

(09-23-2019, 04:57 PM)HeathGT Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 08:34 PM)kingofcarbz Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 06:10 PM)HeathGT Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 08:34 AM)superawesomename Wrote: I've never personally heard of a package requiring a signature going directly to the post office without any delivery attempt. Did you receive any sort of note on your door allowing you to schedule a redelivery or waive the signature, or how were you notified the package had landed?

He stated in his post that they tried to deliver and left a slip in his mailbox saying he had to pick it up at the post office. He chose to wait almost a week before attempting to pick it up then got mad at ExpressPCT because the post office wasn't still holding onto his pack nearly a week later lol

If you’re going to get involved at least don’t skew what happened to fit in your weird little rage fit. OP has clearly stated that his post office holds packs for 15 days. Not under a week. Additionally, the issue wasn’t that the post office wasn’t holding onto it, but that the sender had requested it be returned to him. The reason they didn’t have it was unrelated to him waiting 4 days. It would have been there had a request not been made for it to be returned to the sender. Assuming everything he has stated is true, he isn’t in the wrong, and waiting 4 out of 15 days isn’t excessive or unreasonable for him to do. Stop acting like this, it isn’t a good look at all.

Ah, now that ExpressPCT just chimed in to verify everything I previously said, perhaps I wasn't just in a "fit of rage" after all eh?

Also don't know where you're coming up with this "15" days to pick up an international package. The slip left at my house clearly stated that I only had a couple days to pick it up.

You are again skewing what was said. Are you just angry and looking to lash out? This isn’t the place to for that.

“Assuming everything he has stated is true, he isn’t in the wrong”. Which would be correct. We were in a spot where all we had to go off of was one person’s word, and now we are in another where it’s one person’s word versus another. Where it’s also possible that the OP’s post office claims to hold packs for 15 days, but individual shipping company regulations (the Singapore one mentioned by express) can override the post office itself and have it returned in less time. OP may have known his post office’s regulations, just not those of the Singaporean shipping company itself, and when the post office said it was requested to be sent back they may have actually meant that’s what was requested by the shipping company for all packages sent by them. Expecting your post office to hold the pack for 1/4 the time that they advertise isn’t unreasonable or being a “dumbass” like you claimed.

OP stated that his post office holds packages for 15 days. I highly encourage you to actually read what’s being said to you before you respond to it next time.

Additionally, as mentioned, each post office and shipping company is going to be different. Your own post office or timeframe isn’t of relevance here. A couple of days directly contradicts the 4 days claim by Express as “a couple” (your wording) = two. See, you now have proof that different companies and different post offices have provided different time periods for pick up (if myself and other members telling you wasn’t enough to realize your mistake) and you can hopefully now understand that what you were told on a delivery slip isn’t some universal timeframe that everybody else is also given.

(09-23-2019, 06:54 PM)kingofcarbz Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 06:10 PM)HeathGT Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 08:34 AM)superawesomename Wrote: I've never personally heard of a package requiring a signature going directly to the post office without any delivery attempt. Did you receive any sort of note on your door allowing you to schedule a redelivery or waive the signature, or how were you notified the package had landed?

He stated in his post that they tried to deliver and left a slip in his mailbox saying he had to pick it up at the post office. He chose to wait almost a week before attempting to pick it up then got mad at ExpressPCT because the post office wasn't still holding onto his pack nearly a week later lol

If you’re going to get involved at least don’t skew what happened to fit in your weird little rage fit. OP has clearly stated that his post office holds packs for 15 days. Not under a week. Additionally, the issue wasn’t that the post office wasn’t holding onto it, but that the sender had requested it be returned to him. The reason they didn’t have it was unrelated to him waiting 4 days. It would have been there had a request not been made for it to be returned to the sender. Assuming everything he has stated is true, he isn’t in the wrong, and waiting 4 out of 15 days isn’t excessive or unreasonable for him to do. Stop acting like this, it isn’t a good look at all.

Ah, now that ExpressPCT just chimed in to verify everything I previously said, perhaps I wasn't just in a "fit of rage" after all eh?

Also don't know where you're coming up with this "15" days to pick up an international package. The slip left at my house clearly stated that I only had a couple days to pick it up.

You are again skewing what was said. Are you just angry and looking to lash out? This isn’t the place to for that.

“Assuming everything he has stated is true, he isn’t in the wrong”. Which would be correct. We were in a spot where all we had to go off of was one person’s word, and now we are in another where it’s one person’s word versus another. Where it’s also possible that the OP’s post office claims to hold packs for 15 days, but individual shipping company regulations (the Singapore one mentioned by express) can override the post office itself and have it returned in less time. OP may have known his post office’s regulations, just not those of the Singaporean shipping company itself, and when the post office said it was requested to be sent back they may have actually meant that’s what was requested by the shipping company for all packages sent by them. Expecting your post office to hold the pack for 1/4 the time that they advertise isn’t unreasonable or being a “dumbass” like you claimed.

OP stated that his post office holds packages for 15 days. I highly encourage you to actually read what’s being said to you before you respond to it next time.

Additionally, as mentioned, each post office and shipping company is going to be different. Your own post office or timeframe isn’t of relevance here. A couple of days directly contradicts the 4 days claim by Express as “a couple” (your wording) = two. See, you now have proof that different companies and different post offices have provided different time periods for pick up (if myself and other members telling you wasn’t enough to realize your mistake) and you can hopefully now understand that what you were told on a delivery slip isn’t some universal timeframe that everybody else is also given.

All I can do is laugh bro... You are making yourself look really stupid in this situation. *sighs*

But OP got his answer Smile

(09-23-2019, 07:10 PM)HeathGT Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 06:54 PM)kingofcarbz Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 06:10 PM)HeathGT Wrote: He stated in his post that they tried to deliver and left a slip in his mailbox saying he had to pick it up at the post office. He chose to wait almost a week before attempting to pick it up then got mad at ExpressPCT because the post office wasn't still holding onto his pack nearly a week later lol

All I can do is laugh bro... You are making yourself look really stupid in this situation. *sighs*

But OP got his answer Smile

Resorting to name calling for the second time opposed to actually refuting the valid points made is only going to speak for itself. I hope that you mature and get the help you need to better release your internal frustrations. No need to lash out because you made a mistake. Just own it next time, or better yet, don’t even post if you aren’t going to act in a civil way or provide a constructive response. Calling somebody a dumbass because you got a slip that said 2 days for pickup is entirely uncalled for, unhelpful and unnecessary. You have provided nothing of value to this thread and only servered to hinder a civil and mature discussion. Next time just pass if you can’t contain your anger please.

As far as I'm concerned this question has been answered, and case resolved.