Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Pain

I've wondered why no sources sell pain meds.

With so many taking steroids and lifting hard, we often have moments of pain from pushing weights. Yet no sources sell pain meds. Why is that?

Like what? Opioids? LOL

Moments of pain from pushing weights =/= in need of prescription pain meds. Smoke a bowl, pop an advil, and if it's routinely bad enough to the point that you feel you need more than those two, you need to re evaluate how you're pushing those weights because lifting weights shouldn't be leaving you in need of pain killers.

This is coming from a dude with a full script of Oxys in his drawer. Opiates are loser drugs. Don't start using them, it's for your own good.

(03-25-2020, 04:19 AM)kingofcarbz Wrote: Moments of pain from pushing weights =/= in need of prescription pain meds. Smoke a bowl, pop an advil, and if it's routinely bad enough to the point that you feel you need more than those two, you need to re evaluate how you're pushing those weights because lifting weights shouldn't be leaving you in need of pain killers.

This is coming from a dude with a full script of Oxys in his drawer. Opiates are loser drugs. Don't start using them, it's for your own good.

Not saying they are good. Many would argue the same about steroids (loser drug), don't get started with them as you'll never turn back (I've heard it all from people that are against me talking steroids). Yet these sources sell them along with many other things. I'm simply asking why they shy from pain meds? Does it carry a bigger sentence if caught?

(03-25-2020, 04:19 AM)kingofcarbz Wrote: Moments of pain from pushing weights =/= in need of prescription pain meds. Smoke a bowl, pop an advil, and if it's routinely bad enough to the point that you feel you need more than those two, you need to re evaluate how you're pushing those weights because lifting weights shouldn't be leaving you in need of pain killers.

Well said, opiates are most definitely loser drugs.

again not a discussion on what makes one a loser. that can be up for debate on a different post. As a former athlete I know many that have taken pain meds here and there to get through a game or two rather than pull out of a lineup to lose their job to someone.

Again simply asking why they do not sell them?

Selling opiates would attract a lot of attention from the law. Pain meds aren't hard to get but it's a different level of risk for the seller.

Also dealing with addicts can be a PITA.

(03-25-2020, 09:59 PM)NancyChan Wrote: Selling opiates would attract a lot of attention from the law. Pain meds aren't hard to get but it's a different level of risk for the seller.

okay got it. thanks for answering the question. Just noticed sources stay away and wondered why. this helps

(03-26-2020, 04:14 AM)hockeyguy77 Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 09:59 PM)NancyChan Wrote: Selling opiates would attract a lot of attention from the law. Pain meds aren't hard to get but it's a different level of risk for the seller.

okay got it. thanks for answering the question. Just noticed sources stay away and wondered why. this helps

In general there are classes of meds very few sources carry (opioids, benzos for example) and whenever you can't find something, the answer is almost always the regulations regarding those products being extremely harsh.