Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Pinning glutes

I typically draw with an 18g and then pin with a 23g 1.5 inch needle. From most of what I read it states the best for glutes because there's so much meet is to use a 1.5 inch needle to get the oils deep into tissue. However, there have been lots of recent posts of problems experienced from using 1.5 inch needles and to instead use 1 inch needles for glutes.... thoughts? Will 1 inch needles in the glutes work just fine?

1” needles are perfectly fine for glutes for 99% of people. You’ll be aight man.

(04-17-2019, 03:20 PM)FixerUpper Wrote: 1” needles are perfectly fine for glutes for 99% of people. You’ll be aight man.

I figured that. But it feels good to get credible confirmation. Thanks brosef

Depends on how much fat you have. I have very little so a 25g 5/8 works for me on glutes.

(04-17-2019, 08:32 PM)alphaproject Wrote: Depends on how much fat you have. I have very little so a 25g 5/8 works for me on glutes.

Sounds like I'll be safe with 1 inch. Thanks for the help

Even at my highest of 18% BF a 1" was more than sufficient. I'd lower that pin gauge down to a 25g, just my opinion though.

(04-18-2019, 12:23 AM)MentalPariah Wrote: Even at my highest of 18% BF a 1" was more than sufficient. I'd lower that pin gauge down to a 25g, just my opinion though.

Ok 25g sounds good. Less pin... what about for drawing? I've always used a bigger gauge for drawing but it's not really necessary I got... do you ever use the same needle for drawing and pinning?

(04-18-2019, 12:25 AM)HardcoreHenry Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 12:23 AM)MentalPariah Wrote: Even at my highest of 18% BF a 1" was more than sufficient. I'd lower that pin gauge down to a 25g, just my opinion though.

Ok 25g sounds good. Less pin... what about for drawing? I've always used a bigger gauge for drawing but it's not really necessary I got... do you ever use the same needle for drawing and pinning?

I use a 21g to draw. I've found anything bigger tends to tear up the rubber stopper

1" is totally fine for glutes. I have a bunch of 1.5's in a drawer that I'm afraid to use. 1.5 just looks like it's too long and I'm gonna hit a hip bone or something. I'm not super lean or anything either.

25g 1 inch is fine, I don’t see the need to ever go below 25g