Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Pre Load barrels?

Does anyone pre load barrels for the week or is there something I'm not aware of that could cause a problem?

I often prep the night before but I'm thinking about doing a couple of days in advance. Each of these will have the needle sheath on and placed back in the paper and plastic sleeve they were removed from.

No kids

600 Test E wk
400 Mast P wk
400 NPP wk

(07-14-2019, 12:25 PM)Harbenger Wrote: Does anyone pre load barrels for the week or is there something I'm not aware of that could cause a problem?

I often prep the night before but I'm thinking about doing a couple of days in advance. Each of these will have the needle sheath on and placed back in the paper and plastic sleeve they were removed from.

No kids

600 Test E wk
400 Mast P wk
400 NPP wk

i used to do this until it was brought to my attention that the rubber stoppers inside the syringe can breakdown. I read a post about it, and went and checked. Sure as shit, some of the stoppers were bloated a little bit. It was said on the post i read that the stoppers can break down and then you are potentially injecting pieces of rubber at some point. I usually still do night before prep, but i stand the syringe up needle down and leave a little air gap. Idk if standing it up like this does anything, but either way, im gtg the next morning. Answer to your question, i don't think it is a good idea to preload multiple days in advance.

Thanks for the reply Fatbricks. You at one time also tried it so you understand why I was wanting to do it.

(07-14-2019, 12:35 PM)Fatbricks Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 12:25 PM)Harbenger Wrote: Does anyone pre load barrels for the week or is there something I'm not aware of that could cause a problem?

No kids

600 Test E wk
400 Mast P wk
400 NPP wk

i used to do this until it was brought to my attention that the rubber stoppers inside the syringe can breakdown. I read a post about it, and went and checked. Sure as shit, some of the stoppers were bloated a little bit. It was said on the post i read that the stoppers can break down and then you are potentially injecting pieces of rubber at some point. I usually still do night before prep, but i stand the syringe up needle down and leave a little air gap. Idk if standing it up like this does anything, but either way, im gtg the next morning. Answer to your question, i don't think it is a good idea to preload multiple days in advance.

Yeah I agree with this. I only ever preload my PWO shots for the morning and that’s it. Never sit for more than 8 hours.

(07-14-2019, 02:40 PM)Harbenger Wrote: Thanks for the reply Fatbricks. You at one time also tried it so you understand why I was wanting to do it.

Bro I totally get it, and it is sort of a pain in the ass to have to load 3 compounds in a syringe so it is nice to smash it all out for the week. (especially for eod pins) Sadly though, it is a bad idea. I've never had them break up the rubber and get pieces in it, but I've had them get close, the stoppers got way more plump and looked close to breaking apart

I've preloaded a week's worth several times for vacation, I never noticed a problem but now you have me wondering. I totally agree that storing them vertical with some air between the gear and plunger is a good idea.