Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Tapering off t3

I've been using T3 at just 25mcg a day for 4 weeks now and I want to come off of it next week. Would there be any need to taper off at this dose or could I stop cold turkey? Also would there be any kind of rebound after coming off this dose?

(07-14-2019, 02:27 AM)DonaldPump Wrote: I've been using T3 at just 25mcg a day for 4 weeks now and I want to come off of it next week. Would there be any need to taper off at this dose or could I stop cold turkey? Also would there be any kind of rebound after coming off this dose?

Subscribing. I'm on a much higher dose and also need to come off.

What I read mostly is that the best way is to not taper, just quit cold Turkey. Because as long as you take exogenous t3, your thyroid won't recover and get back to normal. At your level, unsure of rebound but usually yes, metabolism decreases until it recovers.

(07-14-2019, 02:27 AM)DonaldPump Wrote: I've been using T3 at just 25mcg a day for 4 weeks now and I want to come off of it next week. Would there be any need to taper off at this dose or could I stop cold turkey? Also would there be any kind of rebound after coming off this dose?

https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/topic/247418-nwos-t3-faq/

The thyroid doesn't work like the HPTA. Your natural production goes down at a rate equal to the proportion of exogenous T3 you are taking. So, if your natural thyroid production is the equivalent of 50mcg, and you are taking 25mcg, your natural thyroid production is ~50%. If your natural production is 50mcg and you are taking 50mcg or higher, your natural production is completely stopped. There is a section on that webpage I would suggest you read.

TLBig GrinR - You should take 12.5mg for 2-3 weeks then stop. You could also stop cold turkey, but 12.5mg for 2-3 weeks would reduce rebound effect. Yes, there will be a rebound effect until your thyroid is fully running again.

Following. Thanks for the question. About to start T3

(07-14-2019, 03:31 AM)DNPstoney Wrote:

https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/topic/247418-nwos-t3-faq/

The thyroid doesn't work like the HPTA. Your natural production goes down at a rate equal to the proportion of exogenous T3 you are taking. So, if your natural thyroid production is the equivalent of 50mcg, and you are taking 25mcg, your natural thyroid production is ~50%. If your natural production is 50mcg and you are taking 50mcg or higher, your natural production is completely stopped. There is a section on that webpage I would suggest you read.

TLBig GrinR - You should take 12.5mg for 2-3 weeks then stop. You could also stop cold turkey, but 12.5mg for 2-3 weeks would reduce rebound effect. Yes, there will be a rebound effect until your thyroid is fully running again.

Great read thank you bro

Donald bro, you were never taking enough T3 for the thyroid gainz in the first place.

TAPER UP not taper down LOL

I took 75 for four weeks then just stopped cold turkey after reading the body will recover fastest that way instead of tapering. I felt a bit lethargic for about a week if anything.

Thanks for the reply my bros, no matter how long I'm in this game I always like getting different peoples insights on stuff like this

(07-14-2019, 06:55 PM)DonaldPump Wrote: Thanks for the reply my bros, no matter how long I'm in this game I always like getting different peoples insights on stuff like this

That is why we are here man!

Tbh, most of the stuff in this world is going to be bro-science. Some of it is based on more fact than others, but pretty much all of it is broscience.

They don't do studies on how bodybuilders Thyroids recover after running high dosages of exogenous T3 lol. The best you can hope for is other peoples' experiences, mixed with extrapolations of information from data that we have available to us and our understanding of certain physiological processes.

AFAIK, pretty much all the studies we have and use are done on populations that are significantly different than us; post-menopausal women, people with actual hormone deficiencies, animal testing, etc.

25mcg is probably not even a full replacement dose (unless you are really small). You are probably best off just dropping it cold assuming you don't have any underlying thyroid issues (you'll feel shitty for 2-3 days, should be 100% recovered within a week max). You can taper at your dose, but all it will do is extend the time to recover normal function, and probably not even make the lethargy that much better. IMO 50mcg+ should always be tapered.