Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

theragun

anyone use a theragun or percussive massager on injection sites after injecting?

Yup, I use it regularly and it definitely eliminates any PIP for me completely. Love that thing, great for breaking up scar tissue from lifting and pinning as well.

(03-26-2020, 08:12 PM)Gunshow_86 Wrote: anyone use a theragun or percussive massager on injection sites after injecting?
Never used it right after pinning but I may try it next time. They're awesome in general.

(Yesterday, 04:03 PM)cmryan Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 08:12 PM)Gunshow_86 Wrote: anyone use a theragun or percussive massager on injection sites after injecting?
Never used it right after pinning but I may try it next time. They're awesome in general.

They are! I get wicked, WICKED sciatic pain in my calf and the Purewave I have is a lifesaver. Honestly never thought to try it for PIP though

I found it useful when I partially tore my hamstring. I used it after it had healed to break up scar tissue. Deff worked.

(Yesterday, 11:49 PM)Aoi611 Wrote: They are! I get wicked, WICKED sciatic pain in my calf and the Purewave I have is a lifesaver. Honestly never thought to try it for PIP though
If it's real pip then I probably wouldn't use a percussion massager. I would use a heating pad first and if it's bad maybe some gentle foam rolling and lots of flexing of that muscle (light banded pressdowns for triceps for example). Haven't had a bad case like that since dhb though.

(Today, 12:15 AM)Bloozy Wrote: I found it useful when I partially tore my hamstring. I used it after it had healed to break up scar tissue. Deff worked.
Ouch. Hammies are the one spot I need to be careful with. Once I get it dialed in it's magic though. I'd be super cautious the first time using it after a tear though.

(Today, 01:03 AM)cmryan Wrote:
(Yesterday, 11:49 PM)Aoi611 Wrote: They are! I get wicked, WICKED sciatic pain in my calf and the Purewave I have is a lifesaver. Honestly never thought to try it for PIP though
If it's real pip then I probably wouldn't use a percussion massager. I would use a heating pad first and if it's bad maybe some gentle foam rolling and lots of flexing of that muscle (light banded pressdowns for triceps for example). Haven't had a bad case like that since dhb though.

(Today, 12:15 AM)Bloozy Wrote: I found it useful when I partially tore my hamstring. I used it after it had healed to break up scar tissue. Deff worked.
Ouch. Hammies are the one spot I need to be careful with. Once I get it dialed in it's magic though. I'd be super cautious the first time using it after a tear though.

Yep. I waited till the hammy was fully healed and basically just really tight from not being able to use it + scar tissue. I wouldn't theragun an injured muscle.

Just a heads up, you can build yourself a percussion massager for a fraction of the price of a Theragun. It’ll cost next to nothing if you already own a jigsaw too.

Just google it and you’ll find tons of how-to websites and videos. It’s incredibly easy.