Coin wallet

Topic created · 11 Posts · 1308 Views
  • I’m having a hard time finding a bitcoin (or litecoin) wallet that allows me to easily deposit and spend money.

Can someone recommend a platform?

Thanks

• [quote=“krjp1984” pid=‘27373’ dateline=‘1538932292’]
    I’m having a hard time finding a bitcoin (or litecoin) wallet that allows me to easily deposit and spend money.

Thanks
    [/quote]

I would buy the Lite coins on Bitmex or Coinbase. Then download the litecoin core wallet and install. Send the coins from Bitmex or Coinbase to the Litecoin wallet and then spend from the core wallet.

• [quote=“krjp1984” pid=‘27373’ dateline=‘1538932292’]
    I’m having a hard time finding a bitcoin (or litecoin) wallet that allows me to easily deposit and spend money.

Thanks
    [/quote]

Bitmex,Coinbase, Localbitcoins, etc will all be fairly simple to buy ltc, then transfer it to a external wallet. Never send it from an exchange. If you decide Coinbase is your best option, understand their will be a waiting time and a limit on how much you can buy. Your money will be locked in the exchange while being at mercy with the crypto market.

• Thanks.

Coinbase says they don’t operate in the USA.

I have money in coinsbank, but there’s no way to send to an address. It’s unfamiliar territory for me. Bitmex appears to be just an exchange. Don’t I need a wallet?

• [quote=“krjp1984” pid=‘27386’ dateline=‘1538936275’]
    Thanks.

Coinbase says they don’t operate in the USA.

I have money in coinsbank, but there’s no way to send to an address. It’s unfamiliar territory for me. Bitmex appears to be just an exchange. Don’t I need a wallet?
    [/quote]

I have no experience with coinsbank but they should have a way to send crypto to another address. You can download electrum for a external wallet, and when you buy btc send it to your electrum then to the source. Make sure that if you buy ltc, to download electrum ltc wallet.

So - buy on exchange-send to electrum- send to source.

• I tried coinbase but it is holding my money for 15 days. So I’m probably going to switch to cash app.

Although I read if you deposit money into your USD wallet on coinbase you can bypass the wait period. So you can buy bitcoin and send in same day. I have not tried it yet so can not confirm

• Use Coinbase to buy your BTC or LTC. Wait their fucking stupid 7-8 days to clear (or try Cash App for maybe faster deposit)

Then open an account with Blockchain Wallet.

Send your BTC from Coincase to Blockchain Wallet.

Send your BTC from Blockchain Wallet to your friendly drug dealers.

You’re welcome.

Shout out to @“Scuba Greaves” for schooling me on this.

EDIT: I always keep a couple hundred bucks of BTC sitting around in my Blockchain Wallet in case I need something unexpected and do not want to wait for my new BTC purchases to clear. Pro tip.

• don’t you lose bitcoin letting it sit for 7-8 days?

Coinbase - Have you tried putting money into your USD wallet then buying bitcoin? Does it really skip the hold period?

• [quote=“hockeyguy77” pid=‘27401’ dateline=‘1538945073’]
    don’t you lose bitcoin letting it sit for 7-8 days?

Coinbase - Have you tried putting money into your USD wallet then buying bitcoin? Does it really skip the hold period?
    [/quote]

It depends on the market 100% but with how the market has been , their’s a great chance you will lose money having it sit in coinbase’s hold time.

• [quote=“Masterofron” pid=‘27405’ dateline=‘1538946379’]
    https://www.steroidsourcetalk.org/mybb/thread-3412-post-27404.html#pid27404
    [/quote]

Thanks for the link and all the helpful info from others.