Insulin resistance after cycle

Topic created · 9 Posts · 732 Views
  • I did a 12 week 500mg test e cycle with adex as my ai and a 4 week proper nolva pct after. During my cycle I had assorted bloodwork done and noted that my HGA1C was completely in range at 5.2%.

A few months after my cycle/pct I did some follow up bloodwork, (mostly to see if my test levels were back which they were) my doc gave me a ring and told me that I was pre-diabetic and that my A1C was now 5.8% since my last test.

I’m a lean dude, sub 15%, very active, I do a lot of cardio maybe 4 times a week. I don’t eat the best but I don’t eat like shit either.

I’m thinking this is some bogus test result or there is a slim chance something is up, I did some research and found inconclusive information about how my cycle could have played a role.

What do you guys think?

• whats up

• [quote=“bigdoolgang” pid=‘46232’ dateline=‘1553555356’]
    I did a 12 week 500mg test e cycle with adex as my ai and a 4 week proper nolva pct after. During my cycle I had assorted bloodwork done and noted that my HGA1C was completely in range at 5.2%.

A few months after my cycle/pct I did some follow up bloodwork, (mostly to see if my test levels were back which they were) my doc gave me a ring and told me that I was pre-diabetic and that my A1C was now 5.8% since my last test.

I’m a lean dude, sub 15%, very active, I do a lot of cardio maybe 4 times a week. I don’t eat the best but I don’t eat like shit either.

I’m thinking this is some bogus test result or there is a slim chance something is up, I did some research and found inconclusive information about how my cycle could have played a role.

What do you guys think?
    [/quote]

Honestly brother it dont sound right. There are studies that testosterone actually lowers A1C

It sounds like a false reading it happens all the time.

were you fasted or not? for A1C I dont think you have to be fasted not sure if anything would come into play there

check your fasted blood glucose with a meter normal reading when you wake should be 80 or below

There could be something up if you smash a ton of carbs all the time

• Are you on a low carb diet? Fasting? High IGF1 + low carb diet can raise your glucose levels

• @“Pharmahgh”

I have read both that it increases A1C and decreases A1C, I also though it might have been a bogus test because admittedly I had some gum maybe 20 minutes before the bloodwork. I told my doc this but she told me that it wouldn’t matter because A1C is a 3month average, it wouldn’t really make a difference for that test. I did buy a bg monitor to check my fasted bg and my bg after a meal to see what’s up.

@“Cle”

It’s really weird man, when I was blasting I wasn’t going carbs but I was definitely eating more then and my A1C was fine @ 5.2. But now that i’ve been off for a few months and eating healther and even doing more cardio my A1C went up. I think my IGF1 is normal.

Thanks for the responses though fellas.

• [quote=“bigdoolgang” pid=‘46232’ dateline=‘1553555356’]
    I did a 12 week 500mg test e cycle with adex as my ai and a 4 week proper nolva pct after. During my cycle I had assorted bloodwork done and noted that my HGA1C was completely in range at 5.2%.

What do you guys think?
    [/quote]

I’m curious to know how it’s going for you? How old are you?

Like @“Pharmahgh” said have you checked your fasting BS readings with a a glucometer?

I randomly became type 1 (well LADA 1.5DM) diabetic 12 years ago in my early 20’s after running test but I don’t think my use had anything to do with it. My Hgb A1C is controlled at 6.2-6.5 on test in my mid 30’s without adverse reactions although I obviously can’t use many stimulants, HGH or even MK-677 for that matter (even though I did an experiment to see if it would effect me, which it immediately did lol…doubled my daily insulin needs for about a week after discontinuation). like you I keep my BF% low year round which keeps me insulin sensitive and allows me to eat moderate carbs. I keep a stockpile of PCT on hand incase it’s ever needed but I’ve noticed with the changing levels of hormones post cycle while running PCT my insulin resistance increases for about 6 weeks so I’ve just decided to stay on that low to moderate B/C life with better results. Deffinitly stay on top of it…Hoping it’s just a false positive brother.

• Are you even sure you’ve recovered? 4 weeks of nolvadex is not long enough for most guys. Low test WILL cause insulin resistance.

• Even if you’ve recovered now, you spent plenty of time in a low test state during PCT. Low testosterone causes insulin resistance.

• @“swollerblader” Thanks for the detailed reply brother, so I think I might have it figured out. And this might be useful information for others that potentially see an A1C spike post test use. Now this could also be wrong and if so apologies in advanced.

I used my BG monitor for 2 weeks everyday measuring my fasted and post meal BG, I even tried different types of meals, low carb, high carb and every time my bg was perfectly fine and in range. So what the fuck could be the cause of the elevated A1C? Well I think I narrowed it down to a possible correlation with the high test on cycle increasing the longevity of my RBC. So why is RBC longevity important? Well the longer your RBC last the more glycated they can become, artificially increasing your A1C as it is a standardized measure for RBC that last for ~3months. As you can see if your RBC last longer than that standard they can accumulate more sugars and boost the A1C. The opposite is true for people with conditions that cause for a higher/faster turnover of the RBC, like anemia or blood cancers (as an example). Those people could have artificially lower A1C because their cells are turning over too quickly.

So I will follow up in another month of so with an A1C, at this point I will have been off cycle for 7+ months, my body would have replaced any and all RBC that could have artificially longer life spans perhaps due to the drugs. If my A1C is back to normal than it might be something for some people to consider that see elevated A1C while on a blast/off a blast.