Orals when travelling

Topic created · 9 Posts · 587 Views
  • Hey all,

Been wondering this for years but still haven’t managed to find an answer. Obviously this doesn’t apply to vials as it’s a whole different kettle of fish. When I travel, I pack my multivitamins/supplements in a medication box (the one with slots for each day of the week), or even take them in strips. I’ve travelled with benzos, opiates, amphetamines, etc (all prescription) without any questions ever, in addition to stuff like taladafil and sildenafil, diuretics (indian pharma). My question is, if I were to put say adrol in one of those little medication boxes, is there any way at all that it would set off the scanner, or raise any alarms? I’m thinking of putting one single pill (long story) along with the rest of my multis and supplements (which are about 10 pills per day). They are tablets not capsules.

• Nah man, they don’t look for drugs just explosives and weapons. Unless you have kilos or are traveling internationally

• I travel with orals in my carry on all the time, I put them in Old vitamin bottles, travel international, domestic whatever never been asked about them.

• [quote=“Septicanon” pid=‘51228’ dateline=‘1556847958’]
    Hey all,

Been wondering this for years but still haven’t managed to find an answer. Obviously this doesn’t apply to vials as it’s a whole different kettle of fish. When I travel, I pack my multivitamins/supplements in a medication box (the one with slots for each day of the week), or even take them in strips. I’ve travelled with benzos, opiates, amphetamines, etc (all prescription) without any questions ever, in addition to stuff like taladafil and sildenafil, diuretics (indian pharma). My question is, if I were to put say adrol in one of those little medication boxes, is there any way at all that it would set off the scanner, or raise any alarms? I’m thinking of putting one single pill (long story) along with the rest of my multis and supplements (which are about 10 pills per day). They are tablets not capsules.
    [/quote]

I have a competition that requires me to travel. I was planning to mail it to myself at the hotel I was going to stay at.

I was afraid that they would possibly take me aside if they had pills on my carry on.

You guys are saying you’ve never had any trouble?

Should I just bring my orals and diuretics with me on my flight? Or play it safe and mail it to myself?

Even though I’m not sure if mailing is “playing it safe” because there’s also a possibility it doesn’t get to my destination, or it gets mixed up.

• I usually mail oils but there is just no way they are going to take unmarked capsules, or tabs detain you send them to be tested for every pill that anyone is carrying. Their prime mission is to find weapons and explosives, they aren’t looking for contraband. In theory they might check for such stuff going through customs… but it’s never happened to me… I was prepared to state that they were my vitamins, but in many many flights (I used to travel for work) I’ve never been asked.

• I’ve traveled several times with orals. They won’t check them.

• I find a vitamin or something that has the picture of the pill on the bottle, and choose that looks close to my orals and switch them out.

• If they’re unmarked/stamped pills in medicine bottles, do you really think TSA is going to stop you, open the bottle and dump them out to verify each pill?You’ll be fine brother, as long as you’re not toting trafficking amounts of anything.

• Literally 2 weeks ago, I traveled on a plane with my orals in the packet they came in marked Anadrol right on the side. 0 issues. I have traveled with oils too but only in a checked bag. No problems. (domestic flights)