PCT Question

Topic created · 12 Posts · 683 Views
  • I’m running a test-c 10 week cycle at 500 mg/week. This is my first cycle so im trying to keep it “mild” and short. I’m going to get flamed for what I am about to say but so be it. I jumped into this relying on a friend that has been juicing for a while. Long story short he said on a cycle of just test-c at 500 mg/week for 10 weeks, clomid would suffice as a PCT. I also got an AI (arimidex AND letro, though i plan on just using arimidex) incase any estrogen issues occur.

Shortly after I started (i’m on my 2nd week now, so I have 9 weeks to go) I began digging into this stuff on my own. I learned about hCG, nolva, ideal cycle timing, etc etc.

Long story short, I feel I came into this unprepared. I only have my test-c, clomid, and those two AIs at the moment. I would like to have ran hCG during cycle, but its too late for that.

So I have two questions.

1. would a clomid only PCT suffice, or should I scramble to get some nolva before 11 weeks is up (9 weeks + 2 week delay to PCT)

2. should i get some hCG and just start using it whenever it arrives, or would it be too late at this point. I have also seen some people run hCG and an AI only as PCT, but with my understanding of how hCG works, that doesn’t make sense.

All replies are much appreciated, thanks guys!
    [hr]
    @“cmlaracy” your input would be appreciated here

1. Clomid is fine, people just prefer Nolvadex because the sides are more manageable. Clomid at high doses can make you emotional. You can get Nolva if you want but Clomid will be fine.

2. I have never used hcg so can’t comment

3. test C has a long half life, so to get the most out of your cycle I would extend it to 12-15 weeks. Obviously you don’t have to but that’s just my recommendation. I would also recommend getting bloodwork done mid cycle to see where everything is at

• [quote=“propionate” pid=‘52003’ dateline=‘1557280385’]

1. Clomid is fine, people just prefer Nolvadex because the sides are more manageable. Clomid at high doses can make you emotional. You can get Nolva if you want but Clomid will be fine.

2. I have never used hcg so can’t comment

3. test C has a long half life, so to get the most out of your cycle I would extend it to 12-15 weeks. Obviously you don’t have to but that’s just my recommendation. I would also recommend getting bloodwork done mid cycle to see where everything is at
      [/quote]

Thanks my man, you’ve been answering all my questions lately haha, much appreciated

• Another question I have is how are people using only hCG and an AI during cycle actually restarting their HPTA? My understanding of hCG is that it bypasses the pituitary and sends the signal to the testes to start producing. If this is the case, are they simply waiting for their HPTA to recover naturally while forcing the testes to produce testo artificially? If that’s the case, isn’t the resulting E2 that’s aromatized from that test production forced by hCG going to keep the pituitary shut down (since the pituitary uses E2 as a marker for triggering test production, if it doesn’t see E2 it kickstarts the process to produce test to aromatize into E2, hence why SERMs are used to block the E2 from attaching to the receptor and making itself visible to the pituitary ) ?

• [quote=“Phal” pid=‘51968’ dateline=‘1557272724’]
    I’m running a test-c 10 week cycle at 500 mg/week. This is my first cycle so im trying to keep it “mild” and short. I’m going to get flamed for what I am about to say but so be it. I jumped into this relying on a friend that has been juicing for a while. Long story short he said on a cycle of just test-c at 500 mg/week for 10 weeks, clomid would suffice as a PCT. I also got an AI (arimidex AND letro, though i plan on just using arimidex) incase any estrogen issues occur.

Shortly after I started (i’m on my 2nd week now, so I have 9 weeks to go) I began digging into this stuff on my own. I learned about hCG, nolva, ideal cycle timing, etc etc.

Long story short, I feel I came into this unprepared. I only have my test-c, clomid, and those two AIs at the moment. I would like to have ran hCG during cycle, but its too late for that.

So I have two questions.

1. would a clomid only PCT suffice, or should I scramble to get some nolva before 11 weeks is up (9 weeks + 2 week delay to PCT)

2. should i get some hCG and just start using it whenever it arrives, or would it be too late at this point. I have also seen some people run hCG and an AI only as PCT, but with my understanding of how hCG works, that doesn’t make sense.

[hr]
    [/quote]

GET HCG will you live without it? sure. your pct will go much smoother with it. Do not buy a cycle without it. Cannot stress that enough. Its not that expensive I don’t know why people refuse to buy it. You might as well just blast and cruise without it.

• [quote=“Phal” pid=‘51968’ dateline=‘1557272724’]
    I’m running a test-c 10 week cycle at 500 mg/week. This is my first cycle so im trying to keep it “mild” and short. I’m going to get flamed for what I am about to say but so be it. I jumped into this relying on a friend that has been juicing for a while. Long story short he said on a cycle of just test-c at 500 mg/week for 10 weeks, clomid would suffice as a PCT. I also got an AI (arimidex AND letro, though i plan on just using arimidex) incase any estrogen issues occur.

So I have two questions.

[hr]
    [/quote]

Honestly, it isn’t like you were too far off in your cycle. It’s not like you were running a 6-week 200/500 Test E/Tren E first cycle, using Nolva instead of an AI, and having no PCT. You have a pretty decent plan.

1. Clomid only PCT is fine. For short cycles, you only really need one PCT drug; most people choose Nolva because it is newer, so it has less sides, but Clomid is fine too if you already have it.

2. It would not be too late at all to order HCG and start it. You can then blast it before PCT to help kickstart your recovery. But HCG isn’t needed, especially on a first short/medium-length cycle.

My advice: Extend the cycle from 10 to 12 weeks. That would give you a very basic cycle - 12 weeks of 500mg/week Test, Adex as AI, Clomid (or Nolva) as PCT. That is a solid beginner cycle.

PS. Don’t pop letro unless you are sure you need it; rely on Adex. Letro will effectively nuke your estrogen, so it comes with a lot of sides.

• [quote=“bottletop” pid=‘52087’ dateline=‘1557326036’]
    [quote=“Phal” pid=‘51968’ dateline=‘1557272724’]

So I have two questions.

[hr]
    [/quote]

GET HCG will you live without it? sure. your pct will go much smoother with it. Do not buy a cycle without it. Cannot stress that enough. Its not that expensive I don’t know why people refuse to buy it. You might as well just blast and cruise without it.
    [/quote]

For me it wasn’t a price issue I just didn’t know the shit existed, I have went ahead and ordered some but I’m seeing too much conflicting info about its application. Could you clarify some of my questions above if you have time please?
    [hr]
    [quote=“DNPstoney” pid=‘52093’ dateline=‘1557327082’]
    [quote=“Phal” pid=‘51968’ dateline=‘1557272724’]

So I have two questions.

[hr]
    [/quote]

Honestly, it isn’t like you were too far off in your cycle. It’s not like you were running a 6-week 200/500 Test E/Tren E first cycle, using Nolva instead of an AI, and having no PCT. You have a pretty decent plan.

1. Clomid only PCT is fine. For short cycles, you only really need one PCT drug; most people choose Nolva because it is newer, so it has less sides, but Clomid is fine too if you already have it.

2. It would not be too late at all to order HCG and start it. You can then blast it before PCT to help kickstart your recovery. But HCG isn’t needed, especially on a first short/medium-length cycle.

My advice: Extend the cycle from 10 to 12 weeks. That would give you a very basic cycle - 12 weeks of 500mg/week Test, Adex as AI, Clomid (or Nolva) as PCT. That is a solid beginner cycle.

PS. Don’t pop letro unless you are sure you need it; rely on Adex. Letro will effectively nuke your estrogen, so it comes with a lot of sides.
    [/quote]

Cheers mate. Unfortunately I only have enough test for 10 weeks at my dosage but I could easily source more before the cycle ends. I’d be a little apprehensive of switching from one source to another mid cycle but I suppose it’s not a big deal

• [quote=“Phal” pid=‘52086’ dateline=‘1557323896’]
    Another question I have is how are people using only hCG and an AI during cycle actually restarting their HPTA? My understanding of hCG is that it bypasses the pituitary and sends the signal to the testes to start producing. If this is the case, are they simply waiting for their HPTA to recover naturally while forcing the testes to produce testo artificially? If that’s the case, isn’t the resulting E2 that’s aromatized from that test production forced by hCG going to keep the pituitary shut down (since the pituitary uses E2 as a marker for triggering test production, if it doesn’t see E2 it kickstarts the process to produce test to aromatize into E2, hence why SERMs are used to block the E2 from attaching to the receptor and making itself visible to the pituitary ) ?
    [/quote]

Short answer: No, people are not restarting their HPTA because HcG does not act on the pituitary. It just acts like LH and triggers Leydig cells in your balls. This makes them produce testosterone and sperm.

During a cycle the test you inject triggers your body to stop producing all the hormones. When you add HcG it keeps some of the cycle going and stops atrophy. This means when it time to come off cycle you have less to restart which makes recovery easier. A cycle without HcG is like trying to start your rally car for the first time since winter while a cycle with HcG is like starting it mid way through racing season.

• [quote=“propionate” pid=‘52102’ dateline=‘1557331170’]
    [quote=“Phal” pid=‘52086’ dateline=‘1557323896’]
    Another question I have is how are people using only hCG and an AI during cycle actually restarting their HPTA? My understanding of hCG is that it bypasses the pituitary and sends the signal to the testes to start producing. If this is the case, are they simply waiting for their HPTA to recover naturally while forcing the testes to produce testo artificially? If that’s the case, isn’t the resulting E2 that’s aromatized from that test production forced by hCG going to keep the pituitary shut down (since the pituitary uses E2 as a marker for triggering test production, if it doesn’t see E2 it kickstarts the process to produce test to aromatize into E2, hence why SERMs are used to block the E2 from attaching to the receptor and making itself visible to the pituitary ) ?
    [/quote]

Short answer: No, people are not restarting their HPTA because HcG does not act on the pituitary. It just acts like LH and triggers Leydig cells in your balls. This makes them produce testosterone and sperm.

During a cycle the test you inject triggers your body to stop producing all the hormones. When you add HcG it keeps some of the cycle going and stops atrophy. This means when it time to come off cycle you have less to restart which makes recovery easier. A cycle without HcG is like trying to start your rally car for the first time since winter while a cycle with HcG is like starting it mid way through racing season.
    [/quote]

Alright this was my understanding of how it worked and it’s proper application. There’s so much bullshit to sift through online with people giving their random opinion of how to use something based on some half-baked theory they have or a misunderstanding of how the substance works, it’s scary. Thanks again m8

• [quote=“Phal” pid=‘52103’ dateline=‘1557331308’]
    [quote=“propionate” pid=‘52102’ dateline=‘1557331170’]
    [quote=“Phal” pid=‘52086’ dateline=‘1557323896’]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Alright this was my understanding of how it worked and it’s proper application. There’s so much bullshit to sift through online with people giving their random opinion of how to use something based on some half-baked theory they have or a misunderstanding of how the substance works, it’s scary. Thanks again m8
    [/quote]
    ya the best way is to read how its applied medically listening to all these bros ( half of which aren’t even doing roids and may never have, or they could be like 14 years old) random options just get people hurt. It is really to bad its not legal to take all this stuff. a lot of bullshit could be avoided. hcg is an absolute must in my opinion if you are planning on coming off. Pct sucks with just clomid or whatever, for some reason that’s what everyone recommends and like you said most people don’t even know about hcg

• [/quote
    a the best way is to read how its applied medically listening to all these bros ( half of which aren’t even doing roids and may never have, or they could be like 14 years old) random options just get people hurt. It is really to bad its not legal to take all this stuff. a lot of bullshit could be avoided. hcg is an absolute must in my opinion if you are planning on coming off. Pct sucks with just clomid or whatever, for some reason that’s what everyone recommends and like you said most people don’t even know about hcg
    [/quote]

Just curious, what do you recommend for PCT @“bottletop”

• [quote=“Some.Dude” pid=‘52402’ dateline=‘1557517157’]
    [/quote
    a the best way is to read how its applied medically listening to all these bros ( half of which aren’t even doing roids and may never have, or they could be like 14 years old) random options just get people hurt. It is really to bad its not legal to take all this stuff. a lot of bullshit could be avoided. hcg is an absolute must in my opinion if you are planning on coming off. Pct sucks with just clomid or whatever, for some reason that’s what everyone recommends and like you said most people don’t even know about hcg
    [/quote]

Just curious, what do you recommend for PCT @“bottletop”
    [/quote]

well clomids pretty harsh so Id use nolvadex 40/40/20/20
    then of course add the hcg 2-5000iu per 4-5 days there’s quite a few different protocols smaller dosages more frequently reduce any side affects that may occur like 500iu per 2 days get an insulin syringe for it. id run it the whole cycle that’s what they do in the medical journals many conflicting opinions out there
    and your adex or aromasin so you don’t get gyno

here’s some good a decent one stop shop linkhttps://www.reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/thecycle/pct#wiki_dosing2