Questions about bpc-157

Topic created · 9 Posts · 772 Views
  • i have a sprained AC joint and its been hurting me for like 1.5 months and preventing me from doing a lot of exercises. I am looking to potentially try bpc-157 to see if it makes it better (yes i have a dr appointment coming up in a week for the injury). Will someone with knowledge please tell me : how much i should take and how frequently i should take it, how long should i run it for, how close to the pain do i need to inject, and any other pertinent information that you think i may find helpful. Thank you very much, and i appreciate the help!

• I strained my adductor squatting on a monday. I started 250mcg twice a day that night and felt 100% better by that friday. still waiting until the following monday to squat to be safe, but had no pain and none since. I injected sub q in the general area. Not sure if that helps you, but i would say if it’s a injury, as opposed to a issue resulting from tightness or lack of mobility, this stuff works. I’d start with the same dosage I did and run it for at least 2 weeks, you should notice some improvement.

• [quote=“SouthernCompounding” pid=‘52241’ dateline=‘1557410579’]
    [quote=“Fatbricks” pid=‘52168’ dateline=‘1557364918’]
    i have a sprained AC joint and its been hurting me for like 1.5 months and preventing me from doing a lot of exercises. I am looking to potentially try bpc-157 to see if it makes it better (yes i have a dr appointment coming up in a week for the injury). Will someone with knowledge please tell me : how much i should take and how frequently i should take it, how long should i run it for, how close to the pain do i need to inject, and any other pertinent information that you think i may find helpful. Thank you very much, and i appreciate the help!
    [/quote]

My knowledge doesn’t go extremely deep on this compound but I can give you the basic answers to most of those questions.

How much should you take: 1-10mcg per KILOGRAM of body weight

• If you weigh 200 POUNDS you would take 90-900mcg per day. I’m sure you’re thinking, holy shit, that’s a big fucking dosage window. I’d completely agree with you. Dosage should be based on the severity of the injury. Personal opinion - 500mcg is going to be the minimum amount you want to run.

How long should you take it: Six weeks, minimum. You’ll see results before this but you want to run it the full course of the healing process. Some injuries are going to be less significant and not require weeks of time to heal and rehab, some will require extensive healing and rehab. You should be able to listen to your body and know how the injury is progressing.

How close to the pain should you inject it: As close as humanly possible. I know this sounds terrible but you want to be healed and this is the price you pay for “cheating” the healing process. The closer the better, even if it sucks.

How often should you take it: There seems to be two camps on this one - the once a day group and the twice a day group. My personal opinion, if it’s an injury in an area that allows enough room for multiple injections per day - think quad, pec, calf, glute - I would go for splitting the dose and injecting twice a day. If you’re looking at a small localized injury - tennis elbow, wrist sprain, ankle sprain - I would use one larger dose, once a day.

Other thoughts and considerations: Take the time to study the actions that caused the injury and formulate a plan for rehabilitation of the injury. Most of the time, we get hurt because we don’t take the time to warm up or cool down. If flexibility and dexterity are an issue, make a plan to increase your range of motion and work that into your rehabilitation plan. What you do throughout the course of the healing process will directly affect the outcome of how your injury heals and either increase or decrease the likelihood of repeating the injury later on.

EDIT: Shameless self promotion - we stock BPC-157 domestically if you’re looking to pick up a few vials. 😄
    [/quote]

Pretty much answers all my questions… Thanks so much for taking the time to address this!

• I did 500mcg / day in one dose for about 5-6 weeks for tendon issues and I swear it helped when several other things hadn’t. As already mentioned slin pin close to site…within a few inches. Reconstitute gently, handle gently, and refrigerate once reconstituted.

• Never tried bpc, but have tb500. Didn’t do anything for my sciatica but felt more recovered from workouts .

• I just finished a 6 week course of bpc at 500mcg/day injected twice a day sub q in my abdomen. There doesn’t seem to be any clinical evidence for spot injections so I didn’t bother with it. This was combined with 2iu/day of generic gh which I am continuing indefinitely. There is evidence of a positive interaction between bpc and gh so I recommend using both.

When I started I had golfer’s elbow, patellar tendinopathy and biceps tendinopathy. These had all been diagnosed by a medical professional. Currently my golfer’s elbow has completely healed, my patellar tendinopathy is about 95% gone and my biceps tendinopathy (fuck this shit) has made improvements but continues to be an issue.

During the 6 weeks I stuck to a rigorous physical therapy program with gradually increasing loads on each affected tendon. I had been doing these exercises prior to bpc with less success so I do believe either the bpc or the gh or both had a positive effect on healing.

• Is there benefit from intramuscular injects or do they really need to be sub q?

• I had significant AC joint pain a few years back to the point where I could not press the bar. Went to an orthopedic Dr and he said I had AC joint arthritis (bone on bone contact in the AC joint). He said I would need an MRI and ultimately surgery. He told me to schedule an MRI on the way out.

In the interim, he gave me a cortisone shot with a 1.5" needle right into my AC joint starting at where you can feel the AC joint near the trap / delt tie-in at the top of the shoulder line. Then pinning vertically straight down into the AC joint.

At this time I discovered BPC-157 while researching how to fix this without surgery. Knowing that there is a lot of distance from a subq injection at the top of the shoulder ridge to deep in the AC joint, I reproduced the doctor’s AC joint injection with BPC-157 using a 1.5" needle to deep in the AC joint (not for the faint of heart). I didn’t want to chance the BPC not hitting the effected area.

It worked. Within a few weeks I was back at it in the gym at the pressing weight levels I was at prior to injury.

If you feel so inclined, google around for ac joint injections - plenty of material out there on youtube on this as well.

• [quote=“DMill9” pid=‘52596’ dateline=‘1557638078’]
    I had significant AC joint pain a few years back to the point where I could not press the bar. Went to an orthopedic Dr and he said I had AC joint arthritis (bone on bone contact in the AC joint). He said I would need an MRI and ultimately surgery. He told me to schedule an MRI on the way out.

In the interim, he gave me a cortisone shot with a 1.5" needle right into my AC joint starting at where you can feel the AC joint near the trap / delt tie-in at the top of the shoulder line. Then pinning vertically straight down into the AC joint.

At this time I discovered BPC-157 while researching how to fix this without surgery. Knowing that there is a lot of distance from a subq injection at the top of the shoulder ridge to deep in the AC joint, I reproduced the doctor’s AC joint injection with BPC-157 using a 1.5" needle to deep in the AC joint (not for the faint of heart). I didn’t want to chance the BPC not hitting the effected area.

It worked. Within a few weeks I was back at it in the gym at the pressing weight levels I was at prior to injury.

If you feel so inclined, google around for ac joint injections - plenty of material out there on youtube on this as well.
    [/quote]Not for the faint of heart is right, you are a brave man sir. I quite enjoy using BPC as well and TB500 in combination with it.