DHL delivery signature

Topic created · 6 Posts · 492 Views
  • Ordered international products from a source here. It was shipped DHL express with no signature. Got here within a week and received a note on the door stating they tried to deliver but no one was home to give a signature. But, the package doesn’t require a signature. Is this sketchy? Possibly controlled delivery?

• I’ve had some shit just ‘require’ a signature before because the individual person delivering was more by-the-book and wanted to ensure accountability. I wouldn’t be worried unless you get a seizure letter, really. DHL really doesn’t give a fuck what you’re getting and they’re sure as shit not gonna try to trick you into claiming a package. If you’re really that worried, sign for it and don’t open it for like a week and see if anyone comes knocking but I think that’s overkill.

• Law enforcement at the border can seize a package and see its content and perform a controlled delivery through DHL. Has happened before many times. It’s called a controlled delivery. Just don’t see why the worker wouldn’t just deliver it since it specifically says no signature required.

• [quote=“cyborglab” pid=‘52744’ dateline=‘1557760751’]
    Law enforcement at the border can seize a package and see its content and perform a controlled delivery through DHL. Has happened before many times. It’s called a controlled delivery. Just don’t see why the worker wouldn’t just deliver it since it specifically says no signature required.
    [/quote]

They think it’ll get stolen, if they can’t give it to a person then they won’t just leave it.

I think it’s dumb companies do this but make it so difficult to just pick it up at their warehouse. I can work from home though so it’s preferable they do this instead of leaving it IMO.

• Hmmm, have you asked the source if they have ever ran into this exact situation? Sounds strange if source didn’t request a signature.

• All my DHL packages I have had to sign for it, none were requested by the buyer. It’s international package, postage costs alot so if that shit gets yanked then its a big loss. It’s not a big deal, sign for it.