Needle Movement

Topic created · 6 Posts · 520 Views
  • I thought my hands were steady so I went for my 3mL glute shot alone without fiancé’s help as she was at work. It was nice and stable until I started pressing down on the plunger. Usually my technique is very good, but this time as I pressed the plunger the needle began moving up and down, almost rhythmically bouncing. When I stopped pressing the plunger and simply held the needle the “bouncing” stopped and I was committed so I fished the shot. I really don’t like thinking about what kind of damage that needle could have done going up and down like that for a full 3mL. So to ease my mind, I didn’t cause too much damage right? No side to side movement, just mild up and down, but definitely noticeable.

Did I just tear up a bunch of muscle fibers or am I just worrying too much. 25 gauge 1.5" all the way in.

I take pride in the stability of my injects and the resulting lack of PIP, but this time I am not at all happy with how it turned out. I stopped pushing the plunger a few times to try and settle myself but no matter what I did, as soon as I applied enough pressure to the plunger to get it going in, the rhythmic up and down of the needle started back up. It was probably 2-3mm of upward and downward movement, enough to be seen but not dramatic.

I hate scar tissue, and I really hate knowing I could have avoided this if I had just been patient and waited for my girl to come home and do it for me. I have a super short torso so it’s quite difficult to turn around enough to reach my glute.

Thanks guys, had one of the roughest days of my life (will never be speaking to my mother again, no I don’t live with her) so I’d really like to know I didn’t cause any meaningful damage.

Any time I’ve received injections from my doctors they seemed perfectly fine moving the needle around inside me, granted most of them were into tendons not muscles. I did get some trigger point injections in my glute but I can’t recall how much movement she allowed for those.

• Damn 1.5”? You’ll be fine man. I have a disorder that causes my hands to tremble 90% of the time and i guarantee I shake and move the needle more than you, and I’m fine. Never had any problems besides mild pip when it gets really bad and my fiancé isn’t there to do my shot.

• [quote=“yelruP” pid=‘52804’ dateline=‘1557785056’]
    Damn 1.5”? You’ll be fine man. I have a disorder that causes my hands to tremble 90% of the time and i guarantee I shake and move the needle more than you, and I’m fine. Never had any problems besides mild pip when it gets really bad and my fiancé isn’t there to do my shot.
    [/quote]

Thanks man that puts me at ease. I’m lean, but the fat I do have I carry on my ass (my girl is jealous of my ass LOL) so just to be safe I use 1.5" needles there so I know there won’t be any subQ leakage. Everywhere else I use 1/2" except VG’s where I use 1".

• [quote=“cmlaracy” pid=‘52806’ dateline=‘1557785359’]
    [quote=“yelruP” pid=‘52804’ dateline=‘1557785056’]
    Damn 1.5”? You’ll be fine man. I have a disorder that causes my hands to tremble 90% of the time and i guarantee I shake and move the needle more than you, and I’m fine. Never had any problems besides mild pip when it gets really bad and my fiancé isn’t there to do my shot.
    [/quote]

Thanks man that puts me at ease. I’m lean, but the fat I do have I carry on my ass (my girl is jealous of my ass LOL) so just to be safe I use 1.5" needles there so I know there won’t be any subQ leakage. Everywhere else I use 1/2" except VG’s where I use 1".
    [/quote]

Hey man you better not have a nicer ass than your girl. She might start hating you! Hahaha I just got a bunch of boxes of 1.25” 27g needles for cheap and man those are LONG. I think 1.5” would scare me to death. I usually use 5/8” for everywhere except glutes, I’ll use 1” there.

• [quote=“yelruP” pid=‘52804’ dateline=‘1557785056’]
    [/quote]

x2 everything he said. Shaky bros unite. World’s most illegible handwriting lol

• Yeah inch and a halfers scare the shit out of me anywhere besides glutes. As a powerlifter, I have quite the glutes lol, so I could easily get away with a 2" if they made them. My girl is the creative type so she doesnt exercise, works 10-12 hours a day usually at least one weekend too; somehow her figure is classic and extremely beautiful, (5"3’ with large C’s and slightly visible abs (105lbs), god she’s so beautiful) but she doesn’t have a bubble but like I do. She has poly cystic ovarian disease so I think it’s the extra test she has that keeps her figure so lean and tight (her birth control brings it back into ranges that keep her from getting any masculine traits).

PS she fucking loves my butt hahaha
    [hr]
    [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘52810’ dateline=‘1557787085’]
    [quote=“yelruP” pid=‘52804’ dateline=‘1557785056’]
    [/quote]

x2 everything he said. Shaky bros unite. World’s most illegible handwriting lol
    [/quote]

Thanks guys, had a very rough day, this was the last thing I needed making me more anxious.