Anyone go through trans hrt clinic to get test?

Topic created · 12 Posts · 723 Views
  • I was thinking the other day it would be an asset to have a prescription for basic test and an easier way to get blood tests as well as much cheaper for the basic test I live in canada so if it was covered it’d be cheap as balls. Does this type of clinics see people who aren’t transitioning for hormone therapy? If you did go how was the experience easy how can you insure you’ll get a prescription?

• I know nothing about Canada’s health care system but I highly doubt that would be ethical or justified by their practice. Would kinda be like going to a burn unit with a stubbed toe and asking for heavy narcotics.

• Why not just go to a “regular” men’s health clinic instead?

• [quote=“FixerUpper” pid=‘53883’ dateline=‘1558380674’]
    Why not just go to a “regular” men’s health clinic instead?
    [/quote]

I googled hrt and that was all I could find so I assumed they combined the whole thing into just “hormone replacement”.

the website just seemed like they’d give out hormones for any random reason. they advertise it only takes 3 appts. meet and great, blood test, get your script that very day. Ill see if there’s a mens one but I don’t think so. What would it be called though? mens health?

anyone have a prescription from anywhere? how’d you get it

• I started out that way and then quickly realized how much I was getting ripped off. For example, I was sold a 10ml blend of GHRP2, GHRP6, and Ipam for $1500. Yep. I was that dumb. I also got the standard Test Cyp, Arimidex, and hCG protocol. It was all just ridiculously overpriced. If you really want to go that route, the last known decent clinic of which I knew was Defy Medical. That was years ago, and I’m sure there are new ones. Do NOT use IMT (Increase My T) or any affiliate of Andro Medical Group. Don’t Google “HRT.” Google “trt clinic.”

• [quote=“beefnewton” pid=‘53913’ dateline=‘1558393636’]
    I started out that way and then quickly realized how much I was getting ripped off. For example, I was sold a 10ml blend of GHRP2, GHRP6, and Ipam for $1500. Yep. I was that dumb. I also got the standard Test Cyp, Arimidex, and hCG protocol. It was all just ridiculously overpriced. If you really want to go that route, the last known decent clinic of which I knew was Defy Medical. That was years ago, and I’m sure there are new ones. Do NOT use IMT (Increase My T) or any affiliate of Andro Medical Group. Don’t Google “HRT.” Google “trt clinic.”
    [/quote]

I really only want that route so I can have a perscription and maybe I could get some cheap stuff though the health system too. so if I ever had to do a piss test or something for a job i could be like ya man I have a prescription. I plan on buying almost all my stuff here. or if I can’t figure out how to get that id just be buying all my stuff here I’ve already got my list and source ready to go, and the bitcoin. I plan to start in september. 500cyp , dbol or deca haven’t decided, take a 3 month break then cyp and tren in the spring

• Is testosterone even included in the typical urinanalyis for a job? I can’t imagine it is. How would a urine test discern between endogenous and exogenous testosterone?

I don’t know much about canadian healthcare, but if you can get bloodwork done by way of socialized medicine, why not just buy your test on the internet?

Also, I think the idea of a dude in a gold’s gym tank, sipping a bottle of muscle milk with shoulder veins walking into an FTM clinic asking for testosterone to be hilarious and you should film it.

• A piss test is not going to show up aas use, I’ve had a bunch of them while running gear.

• Lol in my experience even with insurance in Canada, it was not cheap as balls.

Most of the guys and trans I know here would rather buy from labs online than go the legit way even when they do have a prescription, because it costs quite a bit even at TRT doses.

Though I suppose you can always try, never know, your insurance plan might be better than mine/the people I’ve met~!

Also for pee tests you can buy fake pee at most headshops, they usually come with little heaters and such to keep it body temperature/strap to your leg. However, I don’t really imagine they’d be using a pee test to check for AAS abuse anyway… IIRC it’s not particularly effective compared to bloods. (but don’t quote me on that 😛 ). Steroid use is technically legal in Canada, it’s just trafficking that’s illegal; bit of a loophole there.

• If you have a good relationship with your primary care, they are always a great source. I was diagnosed low t with my primary and she’s taken care of everything. I’ve even been able to have her fill out paperwork to have the VA cover extra meds, so I can get actually get 2 scripts until they catch on been, only been a year so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

At least in the US with my insurance my script is only like $3/month. I don’t know if that’s strictly because it’s through my primary care and insurance CAn cover the script, as opposed to a clinic that makes you buy their shit out of pocket, or if it’s because of my specific coverage.

• [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘54087’ dateline=‘1558510640’]
    If you have a good relationship with your primary care, they are always a great source. I was diagnosed low t with my primary and she’s taken care of everything. I’ve even been able to have her fill out paperwork to have the VA cover extra meds, so I can get actually get 2 scripts until they catch on been, only been a year so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

At least in the US with my insurance my script is only like $3/month. I don’t know if that’s strictly because it’s through my primary care and insurance CAn cover the script, as opposed to a clinic that makes you buy their shit out of pocket, or if it’s because of my specific coverage.
    [/quote]

so primary care is better all round anyway it seems wonder how you convince them

• [quote=“bottletop” pid=‘54101’ dateline=‘1558525161’]
    [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘54087’ dateline=‘1558510640’]
    If you have a good relationship with your primary care, they are always a great source. I was diagnosed low t with my primary and she’s taken care of everything. I’ve even been able to have her fill out paperwork to have the VA cover extra meds, so I can get actually get 2 scripts until they catch on been, only been a year so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

[/quote]

so primary care is better all round anyway it seems wonder how you convince them
    [/quote]

tbh bro the longer the relationship the less you probably need to convince them. I’ve almost been with my primary for a decade now, so she extensively knew my history, and I was legit low t, so that helped. I was in with my wife one day and asked her if we could do the blood test and she had absolutely no issue. When I came back at 131 she immediately put me on 100mg/wk cyp and even advised us against the gel because of my wife and dog. I seem to be an outlier though, as I’ve read.