Opiate WD

Topic created · 17 Posts · 1129 Views
  • I just like this community, and just did something I’m proud of so I figured I would share. I have psoriatic arthritis and it makes an old deadlift injury intractably painful and so I needed meds. My tolerance never stops going up so I was at about 240mg oxycodone a day. We fixed the hip injury so all the other pains are manageable without opiates. This isn’t my first time coming off this much but it’s day 6.66 since my last dose and I just showered finally. Determined the end by when I felt I was physically capable of showering. Thanks guys just wanted to share.

• Congrats man! I had a gram of heron a day habit (IV) so I know how rough opiate wd is. Been clean 3 years next month, but still take Kratom for maintenance (sort of)

Keep it up man life gets so much better when off the opiates!

• Good job making it this far, that’s incredible and something to be proud of! It’ll be up and down for the next few weeks but slowly getting better day by day. Definitely exercise as soon as possible (if you’re not) when you’re able to drag yourself to do it, it will help tremendously getting those natural endorphins pumping. Working out always made the paws part way more manageable and cut it at least in half compared to not exercising. Good luck and stay strong!

• 6.5 years off opiates here. Best decision I ever made. You should definitely be past the worst of it by now. Stay strong and hit the gym when you can. Keep it up

• Proud of you bro! Whether It be a day or a decade, you made the right choice.

@“yelruP” I was also on kratom (10 months straight, daily, mostly white strains), but after around the 9 month mark, I started feeling real shitty from it, and I dropped that too. Actually wrote an eleven page research paper on kratom in college haha

Anyways, WAY TO GO @“cmlaracy” . You got this bro!

• 7 years clean here. Opiate addiction runs in my family, my brother got hooked on kratom bad. I hate what opiates have done to me and people I know.

That’s awesome to hear.

• Congrats brotha! I know all too well the pain of opiate withdrawal. I don’t wish those nights flopping around in bed, shivering, sweating, and praying death will lay his cold hand on my shoulder to the worst of my enemies. Keep at it, we’re all here for support!

• Thanks a bunch everyone, means a lot.

• I worked a job that had me see a bunch of people going through (involuntary) WD. It’s hard to watch and I can’t even imagine how shitty it is. Enjoy the improvements you start seeing in your life and never look back.

• A Dr. on Joe Rogan podcast said benzos are by far the worst to come off of if you abuse them, let alone take even at small doses for years. I can attest to it changes your chemistry so bad you may never even get good sleep again. I had quit taking Temazepam for 3 months and still couldn’t get more than 4 hours sleep. The first 2 weeks good luck even falling asleep even if you are exhausted. I would actually rather be dead than go thru that again. I don’t even LIKE opiates. I think the feeling they give you is mostly negative. Dry mouth… sometimes a sick feeling… I don’t see the allure. Even a high dose of this one strain of weed acts just like opiates… it’s pretty freaky shit. I got so hot and sweaty on it. I couldn’t feel my tongue or my entire body at one point and was having trouble breathing until I just passed out for 1.5 hours. My buddy can take it like it’s nothing but not me.

• [quote=“alphaproject” pid=‘54083’ dateline=‘1558505826’]
    A Dr. on Joe Rogan podcast said benzos are by far the worst to come off of if you abuse them, let alone take even at small doses for years. I can attest to it changes your chemistry so bad you may never even get good sleep again. I had quit taking Temazepam for 3 months and still couldn’t get more than 4 hours sleep. The first 2 weeks good luck even falling asleep even if you are exhausted. I would actually rather be dead than go thru that again. I don’t even LIKE opiates. I think the feeling they give you is mostly negative. Dry mouth… sometimes a sick feeling… I don’t see the allure. Even a high dose of this one strain of weed acts just like opiates… it’s pretty freaky shit. I got so hot and sweaty on it. I couldn’t feel my tongue or my entire body at one point and was having trouble breathing until I just passed out for 1.5 hours. My buddy can take it like it’s nothing but not me.
    [/quote]

Benzos and opiates are two different classes of medications. Benzos are difficult to come off of due to risk of seizures and it takes far longer to come off of than opiates. Opiate withdrawal will not kill you but you will FEEL like you are dying. Benzo wdl on the other hand, can kill you due to risk of seizures.

• [quote=“alphaproject” pid=‘54083’ dateline=‘1558505826’]
    A Dr. on Joe Rogan podcast said benzos are by far the worst to come off of if you abuse them, let alone take even at small doses for years. I can attest to it changes your chemistry so bad you may never even get good sleep again. I had quit taking Temazepam for 3 months and still couldn’t get more than 4 hours sleep. The first 2 weeks good luck even falling asleep even if you are exhausted. I would actually rather be dead than go thru that again. I don’t even LIKE opiates. I think the feeling they give you is mostly negative. Dry mouth… sometimes a sick feeling… I don’t see the allure. Even a high dose of this one strain of weed acts just like opiates… it’s pretty freaky shit. I got so hot and sweaty on it. I couldn’t feel my tongue or my entire body at one point and was having trouble breathing until I just passed out for 1.5 hours. My buddy can take it like it’s nothing but not me.
    [/quote]

There are other gabaergic drugs that are more life threatening and harder to come off of then benzos… I’m calling bullshit on that doctor, besides wth do benzos have to do with this thread…
    [hr]
    Most importantly, congratulations @“cmlaracy” !!! That’s amazing dude. Best of luck moving forwards bro.

• The funny thing about Opiates vs Benzos… I’ve never heard 1 person say uggg I don’t really like benzos. However I hear tons of people that say I hate pain killers. I don’t like them, my GF doesn’t like them… my buddy doesn’t like them either. And Master… feel free to go watch the video… call him a bullshitter on youtube I’m sure he will give a shit. LOL. I’m just reporting what I’ve watched, not my opinion on opiate WD vs benzo WD… I’ve had benzo WD and it’s fucking hell and I was on a low regular dose. I’ve heard guys on 10mg a day… which jesus… I just can’t imagine.

• You probably know this since you said you’ve been through this before, but in case anyone else is in a similar situation, Clonidine will help immensely during withdrawal. Any doc will likely prescribe it is they know the situation

• [quote=“youdownwithNPP” pid=‘54457’ dateline=‘1558750310’]
    You probably know this since you said you’ve been through this before, but in case anyone else is in a similar situation, Clonidine will help immensely during withdrawal. Any doc will likely prescribe it is they know the situation
    [/quote]

Very ironically clonidine raises GH. GH boosts the immune system; when I took GH I was careful and still fucked up my wrists permanently - I have psoriatic arthritis, it’s just chronic tendinosis caused by the immune system (on 4 immunosuppressants, my colds last 3-4 weeks). More than 24 hours with a clonidine patch on and I can barely move my joints, they’re that fucked from the GH spike… it’s no joke. Clonidine is a PED if you’re super insanely careful and knowledgeable.

I’ve always been wary of letting anyone know, but a clonidine patch is like 2-3iu pharma GH. It’s dangerous.

Edit: last time I put a patch on for sedation I had to tear it off in under 24 hours, that’s how hard it spikes your natural GH; it’s used to supplement GH deficient children and results in dramatically increased growth. It’s well researched, kind of don’t know why people don’t know.

• That’s a pretty severe and rare reaction to it. That sucks because it genuinely helps most people during withdrawal and doesn’t prolong it or just straight up delay it like a lot of other remedies. Do they at least taper you down, or use another withdrawal medication?

• [quote=“youdownwithNPP” pid=‘54482’ dateline=‘1558762070’]
    That’s a pretty severe and rare reaction to it. That sucks because it genuinely helps most people during withdrawal and doesn’t prolong it or just straight up delay it like a lot of other remedies. Do they at least taper you down, or use another withdrawal medication?
    [/quote]

I cold turkey using high dose cannabis, low dose DXM, and a benzo for when it’s real bad. As long as my cannabis tolerance is completely reset I sleep through most of the first 4 days. Then my tolerance goes up it stops working and I bring in the benzo for ~2 days.

Now I’m PCTing and taking tyrosine for the post acute withdrawals (opiates had me so suppressed I was on self prescribed TRT and I couldn’t successfully PCT on the opiates, too suppressive.)