Training?

Topic created · 11 Posts · 545 Views
  • I have found it quite difficult to find any resources as to how enhanced training should differ from natty training. Did you guys use more/less volume when you became enhanced? DId you start training body parts more often? Just wanted to start a conversation on this.

• I find I’m able to workout longer

• Oh the difference for me was ridiculous. When I was first on cycle (TRT) I was doing 2x a day workouts and I gained so much weight so fast. If I was natty I would have been sore for 5 days and I’d probably have hurt myself because I had hurt my tendons before. The stuff I do on TRT + other compounds is absolutely nothihng compared to my natty training except when I used to do 8x8 workouts for months until… of course I hurt myself. But… even at 8x8 workouts I hit my peak at 139 pounds. Now I’m 162… so yea… HUGE difference in muscle size doing and eating the exact same or less. Now I hit 8 sets of 20 reps simply because I maxed out certain machines.

• Train the same and your body will tell you what’s up. I like John meadows programs for blasts

• @“alphaproject” how tall are you?

• [quote=“alphaproject” pid=‘54351’ dateline=‘1558668335’]
    Oh the difference for me was ridiculous. When I was first on cycle (TRT) I was doing 2x a day workouts and I gained so much weight so fast. If I was natty I would have been sore for 5 days and I’d probably have hurt myself because I had hurt my tendons before. The stuff I do on TRT + other compounds is absolutely nothihng compared to my natty training except when I used to do 8x8 workouts for months until… of course I hurt myself. But… even at 8x8 workouts I hit my peak at 139 pounds. Now I’m 162… so yea… HUGE difference in muscle size doing and eating the exact same or less. Now I hit 8 sets of 20 reps simply because I maxed out certain machines.
    [/quote]

How tall are you?

And OP: I train with less frequency now but throw a ton of intensity and volume into my bodypart split

• [quote=“PissedPajamas” pid=‘54357’ dateline=‘1558672692’]

How tall are you?

And OP: I train with less frequency now but throw a ton of intensity and volume into my bodypart split
    [/quote]

Me as well. Natty I could train for 4 hours because of rest times and not want to go back. Now I can train for 2 and a half hours harder than I ever have before I want to come back at the end of the day. The intensity I can put in is by far and large the greatest aspect of gear, followed immediately by recovery time.

• I’m 5’7 and before TRT I could only get to 145 in my 20’s and it dropped pretty fast but I was on Andro when it was legal. ROTFL. I trained 5 days a week even then. Now I train maybe 5-6 days a week. I either go really hard for a short amount of time or I take my time and stay in there for hours. Maybe 1.5 hours. I recall one day on Anavar I worked out twice during the day for around 4 hours with rest of course. I needed a bit of time off after that day though but if I was natty… NO WAY.

Biggest issue with being natty is that if you hurt ANYTHING you lose nearly all your gains. Once on TRT I noticed not only muscles healing faster but my issues that really used to bother me went away. The only thing that really bothers me lately is that I can’t seem to walk without a strange burning/lactic acid feeling in my ankles. It’s almost as if my body hates holding this weight but my upper body feels fine. I’ve googled it but mostly runners have this issue not gym rats so I don’t get the answers I’m looking for. It’s as if my feet/ankles get completely exhausted like a fat person just walking to the gym which is only .27 miles away.

I might try and lose some weight and see if it helps. I felt better at around 155. Who knows?

• [quote=“alphaproject” pid=‘54359’ dateline=‘1558677318’]
    The only thing that really bothers me lately is that I can’t seem to walk without a strange burning/lactic acid feeling in my ankles. It’s almost as if my body hates holding this weight but my upper body feels fine. I’ve googled it but mostly runners have this issue not gym rats so I don’t get the answers I’m looking for. It’s as if my feet/ankles get completely exhausted like a fat person just walking to the gym which is only .27 miles away.

I might try and lose some weight and see if it helps. I felt better at around 155. Who knows?
    [/quote]

You need to foam roll and stretch your calves my friend. What kind of cardio are you doing? I used to be on the bigger side and if I do too much liss without proper warm up and cool down I’m super fucked with shin splints.

• IDK… my calves don’t hurt though. It’s more like when I used to valet and the tops of my feet got sore from running. Sometimes I do a 7 min warmup on the bike and my cooldown is my walk home.

• idk man i might be wrong, usually am but im big into resting. i lift hard for 45 minutes - an hour EOD… thats it. for my cardio i do BJJ 3 times a week for an hour, and i feel like that allows me a perfect training/rest ratio. i always aim for 7 hrs of sleep, 10 on some days.

im 5’10 192 about 12%