Intraworkout

Topic created · 6 Posts · 534 Views
  • I’ve been reading a lot about how guys love fancy supps during training (HBCD, EAAs, etc.). Are they really better than, say, a protein shake with a banana and oats or Gatorade and aminos? If so, why? Tbh seems like marketing hype to me, but I’m not a nutrition expert.

• [quote=“mcjooce” pid=‘54579’ dateline=‘1558841191’]
    I’ve been reading a lot about how guys love fancy supps during training (HBCD, EAAs, etc.). Are they really better than, say, a protein shake with a banana and oats or Gatorade and aminos? If so, why? Tbh seems like marketing hype to me, but I’m not a nutrition expert.
    [/quote]

It’s mostly marketing. If their is any REAL bonuses from this products, they are probably minimal and not worth the price.

There is also the placebo effect that factors in; people told this helps them have a better workout, so then they have a better workout. There are lots of products like this, and the supplement industry in general is about selling people a product that does almost nothing.

• I think karbolyn is legit but that’s only because there’s actually been performance studies on it, and I can ‘feel’ it more in terms of energy and recovery than I do an apple or banana. I say do whatever you find works for you, it’s your money and time. I spend the extra on creatine hcl because I think it helps me hold water more attractively around my abs, but there’s like 0 research on it and most experiences are completely anecdotal. I love it, I don’t mind the price tag, I use it.

There’s a point where I stop and look at the shit I’m doing and ask myself if it’s because I want/need to, or because some random fucking company/rep/bro told me to. I do a lot of bro shit but only because I want to and it works for me, and probably wouldn’t stop unless you gave me a more interesting/attractive option. Do you bro, it just may cost a little extra or it may not look as cool as the pros but at least you’re doing what works for you.

• I have half a can of pineapple slices (or peaches) to break my fast and a diet red bull before working out and it seems to work okay for me.

Anavar seemed like a pretty solid PWO supp too.

• I personally like Carbotein Preworkout with an actual preworkout.

• Thanks guys. I’m sticking with fucking Gatorade. I feel less bloated using it anyway.
    [hr]
    [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘54593’ dateline=‘1558855734’]
    There’s a point where I stop and look at the shit I’m doing and ask myself if it’s because I want/need to, or because some random fucking company/rep/bro told me to. I do a lot of bro shit but only because I want to and it works for me, and probably wouldn’t stop unless you gave me a more interesting/attractive option. Do you bro, it just may cost a little extra or it may not look as cool as the pros but at least you’re doing what works for you.
    [/quote]

I think there’d probably be a lot more big and strong guys in the world if everyone took this advice. Thanks man.