Am i the one out of line with this work situation??

Topic created · 34 Posts · 2081 Views
  • Theres one woman in the building where i work, married mother of a couple kids whos been hella good to me/gone out of her way to help me pick up this new position i fill even though the area shes in charge of is the other side of the building, super respectful and cool to deal with even though shes known to be a slavedriveing heavyhanded “bitch” (thats what they say when shes not around)

I in turn do everything i can to make things easier on her and as shes on the finished product end of the fabrication line i get regular oppertinities and end up interacting with most of the dirtbags in between us and two guys… Have crossed some lines verbally… comments about rape and her attractive healthy physicality. The way a guy talks about a slutty bitch at the bar with his friends and me considering her a friend and feeling very very fuckin strongly about respect tward women (especially hard working ones with good strong character and happily married not throwing pussy around) stood up about it and took it too both of them off company property. Said nothing too her cuz im not trying to get anybody in trouble/fired or have her feeling uncomfortable at work around these guys

First guy is in most ways a pretty alright guy and and owned his shit, apologized said it was kinda out of chara ter for him and hasnt said anything even remotely like it since

Second guy it was consistant and loud like he was trying to be cool and so i was equally loud in my returned dissrespect… “Shut up faggot” “your floppy ugly ass cant get away with attitude like that wont end up well fir you” “peice of shit dirtbag shes married and works harder here when shes half asleep worn out than you do on you best days” lmfao ive been the only one to stand up to this big loud motherfucker about anything so ive come to respect few of my coworkers lately and hes such a bitch hes actually started making shit up to tell the boss to get me in trouble/fired. Little dry snitch wont say shit to me at work wont even look me in the eye anymore

I always kept my cool around the boss when he came to yell about some shit i did that somehow i didnt evem know happened and though persistant about the truth of what i did or didnt do i think i fucked up not explaining some of the less sensative details of this new negative dynamic resulting from my giveing him some of his energy back because it seems like its taking some hold in my bosses mind… Like im all the sudden an incompetent liar soon as he takes his eyes off me??

Anyway ran into worm number 2 at the gas station and called him on his shit (middle of the day in front of security camcamerbut in the parking lot… but did it too keep the other coworker there out of the mix) he apologized for the making shit up thing then i moved onto why he runs his mouth about shit like he dose about shit and he must have missunderstood the shit or he plays dumb like hes got the short term recall power of a shit sandwich starts saying its not his fault if i believe everything i hear from other people… Which i realized means hes been talking shit about me 2 other people out of earshot… I started laughing and he started posturing flexing anf i asked him if my eyes were lieing to me and he said “no we can do something right here right now” my hands were full this whole time but i got real serious real fast stepped into his bubble put my chin out and forward and told him to swing “please” and as i stuck my face out he flinched and jumped back like he was dodging a punch and said “no!! You” i open the car door set my shit in the car and by the time i look back at him hes jogged most of the way to the door of the store and as he ran he called me a name or two aaaaaannnd… This is the fun part

He timed this as a another group of people walked outside yelled at me that i was a bithc and that he was calling our boss “right now” to tell him i had said something racist to him! Brought a very brown friend with me and had just bought him a fuckin beer! It was almost hilarious… I am friends with the store owner known the guy for 15 years (also very not white) and went back later to ask for the security footage but apperantly the outdoor ones have no audio and i dont know for sure how this is going to go for me monday even though thw other coworker heard the last of the exchamge and said he will vouch for me…

I really want a peice of this dude but it clearly cant happen unless i want legal trouble cuz that guy has ZERO honor or integrity and i promised a good dude that knows both of us and that if he talked to the dude and got him to agree to let it all go and apologize and shake hands i would do the same… Makes me sick thinking about shaking dudes hand or faking an apology but hes got a wife anf kids 2 so i still dont want to get him fired airing out the sexual shit he said about the woman we work with but its either that or i go to jail or get him fired and have a scandal to deal with on the job that would negatively affect this chick…

Anyway ive been genuinely impressed with the degree of wisdom and insight from a number of the guys here and want some feedback… Good or bad… Am i in the wrong here or am i just putting my nose where it dont belong?? Theres some detail i left out as this is an anonymous forum for a reason and some of those details would be too identifying. Fire away guys thanks for reading

• Chivalry is dead. Never put yourself in a position to get yourself hurt or killed over words.

Words are nothing more then vibrating vocal cords. The signals are sent to the vocal cords through chemicals in the left hemisphere of the cerebrum. This isn’t anything to get angry over.

Put it to you this way, if someone said something rude to you in Chinese or Russian, would you give a shit…of course not and yet they are saying something technically rude.

Politely request of these idiots you work with to pipe down about talking shit all the time. If they don’t stop, there’s nothing you can do about it any further.

Never get into a fist fight unless you’re trying to protect yourself or someone from being physically harmed. Speech isn’t something that causes physical harm. Too many people these days will pull a gun and kill, the days of handling something with your fists are over…we aren’t living in the 50’s anymore.

You can always carry a recorder and record these coworkers talking shit and then send the file to HR anonymously on a disc or memory stick.

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘70041’ dateline=‘1569737928’]
    Chivalry is dead. Never put yourself in a position to get yourself hurt or killed over words.

Words are nothing more then vibrating vocal cords. The signals are sent to the vocal cords through chemicals in the left hemisphere of the cerebrum. This isn’t anything to get angry over.

Put it to you this way, if someone said something rude to you in Chinese or Russian, would you give a shit…of course not and yet they are saying something technically rude.

Politely request of these idiots you work with to pipe down about talking shit all the time. If they don’t stop, there’s nothing you can do about it any further.

Never get into a fist fight unless you’re trying to protect yourself or someone from being physically harmed. Speech isn’t something that causes physical harm. Too many people these days will pull a gun and kill, the days of handling something with your fists are over…we aren’t living in the 50’s anymore.

You can always carry a recorder and record these coworkers talking shit and then send the file to HR anonymously on a disc or memory stick.
    [/quote]

Dunno if i even want to live in a world like this if thats the only viable reasonable option… You got a point though… Getting shot once was enough for me.

I mean what if she was your sister or mother or daughter?? Shes all that to somebody man.

Words can do damage to people that never heal brother and if the guys had said same shit in a different language and id pulled out my phone and hit up google tramslate id have been just as disgusted…
    I get what you actually mean though

• It isn’t your place to be playing captain save a hoe. She isn’t your wife, your sister, girlfriend or loved one. If she’s being physically attacked/assaulted it’s one thing, but you don’t need to protect her from words being said behind closed doors. It isn’t that serious, especially considering she doesn’t even know about it.

• [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘70046’ dateline=‘1569741177’]
    It isn’t your place to be playing captain save a hoe. She isn’t your wife, your sister, girlfriend or loved one. If she’s being physically attacked/assaulted it’s one thing, but you don’t need to protect her from words being said behind closed doors. It isn’t that serious, especially considering she doesn’t even know about it.
    [/quote]

And thats whats been in the back of my mind. I mean whats been done has been done and theres no taking shit back and with this one guy its become pretty perso al but like i said hes such a weenie anything i do will make it to some kinf of authority figure for sure when alot of whats already been reported didnt even fuckin happen…

Theres no fuckin winning with dudes likw that… I feel like if i ever try even just talking to the dude in private again he will give himself a bruise and turn me in for assault… Not worth any of the trouble and now that hes claiming i threw a racial slur at him or something like that it would turn into a “hate crime” on paper…

But i drive this hard line with and for all the women in my life… My mom, my sons to my daughter… Last scrap i got into i lumped up my neices dad for putting marks on my sister out of anger… Its like in my blood dude

• [quote=“ForceAndFinesse91” pid=‘70047’ dateline=‘1569741752’]
    [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘70046’ dateline=‘1569741177’]
    It isn’t your place to be playing captain save a hoe. She isn’t your wife, your sister, girlfriend or loved one. If she’s being physically attacked/assaulted it’s one thing, but you don’t need to protect her from words being said behind closed doors. It isn’t that serious, especially considering she doesn’t even know about it.
    [/quote]

And thats whats been in the back of my mind. I mean whats been done has been done and theres no taking shit back and with this one guy its become pretty perso al but like i said hes such a weenie anything i do will make it to some kinf of authority figure for sure when alot of whats already been reported didnt even fuckin happen…

Theres no fuckin winning with dudes likw that… I feel like if i ever try even just talking to the dude in private again he will give himself a bruise and turn me in for assault… Not worth any of the trouble and now that hes claiming i threw a racial slur at him or something like that it would turn into a “hate crime” on paper…

But i drive this hard line with and for all the women in my life… My mom, my sons to my daughter… Last scrap i got into i lumped up my neices dad for putting marks on my sister out of anger… Its like in my blood dude
    [/quote]

If you want me to be honest you sound unhinged and creepy and it comes off like you’re looking for a fight/argument with him. The guy should be reporting you, you’re approaching him about his private work conversations in public and being confrontational about it. Again, it isn’t your place and you have no authority over him. People are allowed to say mean things about others, and that includes people you may like. Threatening them or escalating things from verbal to physical will always put you in the wrong. Understand that in life when somebody says or behaves in a way you do not like (given that it is legal and nonthreatening physically) the only thing you can do about it is disassociate yourself from them. You can’t control the thoughts or speech of anybody other than yourself.

• [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘70050’ dateline=‘1569744835’]
    [quote=“ForceAndFinesse91” pid=‘70047’ dateline=‘1569741752’]
    [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘70046’ dateline=‘1569741177’]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

If you want me to be honest you sound unhinged and creepy and it comes off like you’re looking for a fight/argument with him. The guy should be reporting you, you’re approaching him about his private work conversations in public and being confrontational about it. Again, it isn’t your place and you have no authority over him. People are allowed to say mean things about others, and that includes people you may like. Threatening them or escalating things from verbal to physical will always put you in the wrong. Understand that in life when somebody says or behaves in a way you do not like (given that it is legal and nonthreatening physically) the only thing you can do about it is disassociate yourself from them. You can’t control the thoughts or speech of anybody other than yourself.
    [/quote]

I kinda can see that too but i guess i needed to hear it to not think it was just me doubting myself or being insecure. Im high strung sometimes. I mean at the same time talking about raping a girl isnt just mean. It wouldnt have set me off if it was just like “man i hate that bitch” legitimately creepy shit was said and i took it a little too seriously.
    As far as looking like i want a physical altercation thats not what i was gunning for but id be lieing if i said i wasnt happy with the possability if he wouldnt knock that shit off. I mean if id have worked this shit the way he has been he wouldnt been canned before he started trying to get me fired. Saying stuff like that is taken seriously he wouldnt have just lost his job the lady could choose to press charges i think, would turn into a whole investigation from what i hear
    Our boss would take it juat as serious as i have but would go through a very different process to do alot worse than a little whooping
    That creepy word stings a little though. What part of it all makes me look like that??? I thought i was the anti-creep with all this

You can’t control the thoughts or speech of anybody other than yourself.
    [/quote]

Yes thats the point, you can’t control someones thoughts.

As for sticking up for women folk, honestly I’ve kind of lost interest in all of that. I’ve had women talk endless shit on me, as I was once a very nice guy, bent over backwards to please them in my younger days, then something changed and I woke up to reality and now I don’t give a shit about them anymore, they’re just like anyone else to me.

We are taught from an early age to defend women, we’re taught to give them the life raft and for us to stay behind and go down with the ship. Honestly I think this goes against human nature, being canon fodder so some other guy can come along and f*ck them after I’m dead and gone…no thanks.

Also think long and hard before you ever do anything at work, this isn’t your company, you’re an employee getting paid to do work that’s it. When I see people at work take their job personally and get pissed off when others around them aren’t doing what they like, it actually makes me pissed off, because they were only hired to do the job, not change the world and when they get that attitude they make the job miserable because not only do they have to do the shitty work, now you have to deal with someone that is morally righteous which is the most miserable state someone has to work under. Remember morals suck the joy out of life…don’t think…just do.

I’m personally tired of society telling me how I ought to act, how I should put females on a pedestal, everything in our society is now revolving around females, the straight white man is basically being told his services are no longer needed and if that’s the case then they can piss off if they need my help.

I know this isn’t the advice you wanted, but coming from a guy that is old enough to have seen how the world has changed from the early 70’s to today, it’s not a mans world anymore, so why go around trying to prove your a man when the world doesn’t care?

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘70053’ dateline=‘1569746792’]
    [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘70050’ dateline=‘1569744835’]
    You can’t control the thoughts or speech of anybody other than yourself.
    [/quote]

Yes thats the point, you can’t control someones thoughts.

As for sticking up for women folk, honestly I’ve kind of lost interest in all of that. I’ve had women talk endless shit on me, as I was once a very nice guy, bent over backwards to please them in my younger days, then something changed and I woke up to reality and now I don’t give a shit about them anymore, they’re just like anyone else to me.

We are taught from an early age to defend women, we’re taught to give them the life raft and for us to stay behind and go down with the ship. Honestly I think this goes against human nature, being canon fodder so some other guy can come along and f*ck them after I’m dead and gone…no thanks.

Also think long and hard before you ever do anything at work, this isn’t your company, you’re an employee getting paid to do work that’s it. When I see people at work take their job personally and get pissed off when others around them aren’t doing what they like, it actually makes me pissed off, because they were only hired to do the job, not change the world and when they get that attitude they make the job miserable because not only do they have to do the shitty work, now you have to deal with someone that is morally righteous which is the most miserable state someone has to work under. Remember morals suck the joy out of life…don’t think…just do.

I’m personally tired of society telling me how I ought to act, how I should put females on a pedestal, everything in our society is now revolving around females, the straight white man is basically being told his services are no longer needed and if that’s the case then they can piss off if they need my help.

I know this isn’t the advice you wanted, but coming from a guy that is old enough to have seen how the world has changed from the early 70’s to today, it’s not a mans world anymore, so why go around trying to prove your a man when the world doesn’t care?
    [/quote]

Yeah man the world and the accepted norms are for sure changing… I dont like it at all but it all needs taken into account and adjusted 2. I was just trying to get guy to not say shit that would make the ladys skin crawl without getting a dude fired and in that way takeing his livelyhood and ability to provide for the family i know he has… Shit i dont know man i guess if the little discussion between him and our mutual friend goes well and it can just be over ill leave it at that… People are so slimely sometimes

• Bro, you got to start ignoring shit. You can’t react to every single little thing. You’re giving this dude way too much power over you. Sometimes the best reaction is no reaction at all. It’s not worth your time or energy to go out of your way like this. I commend you for saying your piece about that woman you work with, but that’s all you can really do. If this dude were to go out of his way to harass you at work and you’ve asked him to stop, but he keeps doing it, then I would say that’s a valid reason to tell your boss.

• [quote=“ForceAndFinesse91” pid=‘70054’ dateline=‘1569748071’]

Yeah man the world and the accepted norms are for sure changing… I dont like it at all but it all needs taken into account and adjusted 2. I was just trying to get guy to not say shit that would make the ladys skin crawl without getting a dude fired and in that way takeing his livelyhood and ability to provide for the family i know he has… Shit i dont know man i guess if the little discussion between him and our mutual friend goes well and it can just be over ill leave it at that… People are so slimely sometimes
    [/quote]

It’s not a matter of changing, they have already completely changed, there’s no going back.

As for getting involved. Now look at what you have done to yourself, you now have a problem dealing with a joker that could be a real pain in your ass and what do you get for that?

This isn’t 1945 where French ladies are in line to kiss your cheek after you liberated them. The women today would be more likely to line up waiting to kick you in the ball sack for daring to think you saved them.

If you want me to be honest you sound unhinged and creepy and it comes off like you’re looking for a fight/argument
    [/quote]

This, 100%. If you want to go fight someone, join a Boxing/Wrestling Gym, and do it safely. Don’t ever start street fights. Listen to kingofcarbs, don’t be a fucking stupid white knight.

Jesus fucking christ.

• STOP TRYING TO BE A SUPER HERO. I guarantee the woman you’re trying to “protect” does not give a shit about you. Do yourself a favor and keep working on being the best version of YOURSELF. Workout, bang chicks and get money.

Like others have said, you’re coming off as a creep and someone who just wants a fight.

• Fist fights when your an adult can lead to arrest, if the other guy didn’t consent to the fight.

Employers aren’t looking for guys that have “assault” on their record.

Live by the rule…“keep your hands to yourself”, if everyone did that we could get rid of thousands of laws.

• [quote=“juicyfatpowerlifter” pid=‘70074’ dateline=‘1569762100’]
    [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘70050’ dateline=‘1569744835’]

If you want me to be honest you sound unhinged and creepy and it comes off like you’re looking for a fight/argument
    [/quote]

This, 100%. If you want to go fight someone, join a Boxing/Wrestling Gym, and do it safely. Don’t ever start street fights. Listen to kingofcarbs, don’t be a fucking stupid white knight.

Jesus fucking christ.
    [/quote]

Okay okay fuck i get it i thought it was the principle behind it all i didnt realize people dont really believe in all that anymore its how i was raised. But will somebody please explain to me how its me being the creep in this situation?? Creepy is what i thought i was preventing not participating in. Im not asking rhetorically i want said perspective on my stance/actions in text because i still dont understand how anybodys drawing that conclusion about my end of this dumb shit
    [hr]
    [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘70058’ dateline=‘1569750849’]
    [quote=“ForceAndFinesse91” pid=‘70054’ dateline=‘1569748071’]

[/quote]

It’s not a matter of changing, they have already completely changed, there’s no going back.

As for getting involved. Now look at what you have done to yourself, you now have a problem dealing with a joker that could be a real pain in your ass and what do you get for that?

This isn’t 1945 where French ladies are in line to kiss your cheek after you liberated them. The women today would be more likely to line up waiting to kick you in the ball sack for daring to think you saved them.
    [/quote]

Yeah i did put myself in this position but i had no idea the guy was this spineless. I assumed with the way he carries himself and talked about he would be some kind of man about all of this… Homie im not looking for brownie point kisses or to get down this girls pants i havnt even told her about ANY of this and i doubt i will unless im forced to by some scandalous compromising position in which i would need her to vouch for me 2 the boss. Pussy is 2 easy to get to justify getting at somebodys wife…
    [hr]
    [quote=“MikeAlstott” pid=‘70056’ dateline=‘1569750425’]
    Bro, you got to start ignoring shit. You can’t react to every single little thing. You’re giving this dude way too much power over you. Sometimes the best reaction is no reaction at all. It’s not worth your time or energy to go out of your way like this. I commend you for saying your piece about that woman you work with, but that’s all you can really do. If this dude were to go out of his way to harass you at work and you’ve asked him to stop, but he keeps doing it, then I would say that’s a valid reason to tell your boss.
    [/quote]

Your right. Thanks for the posative feed back i was starting to feel like a pariah or something for this. I guess i should have just brought it to my bosses attention and let that avalanche of shit happen or shut up and let dude do his thing… I think part of it is its immasculating to the guy to be taking orders from a pretty female that outworks him every day and it was his way of reasserting his manhood in his mind… His imaginary manhood lol

• [quote=“ForceAndFinesse91” pid=‘70101’ dateline=‘1569781035’]

Okay okay fuck i get it i thought it was the principle behind it all i didnt realize people dont really believe in all that anymore its how i was raised. But will somebody please explain to me how its me being the creep in this situation?? Creepy is what i thought i was preventing not participating in. Im not asking rhetorically i want said perspective on my stance/actions in text because i still dont understand how anybodys drawing that conclusion about my end of this dumb shit

[/quote]

Creepy is usually someone that puts more thought into something and makes something out of nothing. Some people over think and dwell on things they should drop. They wonder if you’re over thinking this stuff, what other kind of stuff is going on in your head.

Most of us that are older were raised to stick up for people, to hold the door open, be kind and show respect and that works in certain settings and locations in the US. However there’s a large group of society that hates that and won’t show you the same kind of respect and there’s nothing you can do about that.

Hold the door open for granny, grandpa, mom, friends and family, but there’s a limit to what you should get involved in when it comes to work.

Non-aggression is a principle that is good to hold to, it allows you to use more creative methods of problem solving without resorting to knocking some guys teeth out and getting stuck with a criminal record and a bill for $10,000 dental implants.

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘70125’ dateline=‘1569800087’]
    [quote=“ForceAndFinesse91” pid=‘70101’ dateline=‘1569781035’]

[/quote]

Creepy is usually someone that puts more thought into something and makes something out of nothing. Some people over think and dwell on things they should drop. They wonder if you’re over thinking this stuff, what other kind of stuff is going on in your head.

Most of us that are older were raised to stick up for people, to hold the door open, be kind and show respect and that works in certain set locations in the US. However there’s a large group of society that hates that and won’t show you the same kind of respect and there’s nothing you can do about that.

Hold the door open for granny, grandpa, mom, friends and family, but there’s a limit to what you should get involved in when it comes to work.

Non-aggression is a principle that is good to hold to, it allows you to use more creative methods of problem solving without resorting to knocking some guys teeth out and getting stuck with a criminal record and a bill for $10,000 dental implants.
    [/quote]

Im glad you came through with your two cents man cuz the way you spit things out actually makes sense to me even when our opinions are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Like yeah i do have a mind that just goes… I reverse engineer and really analyze the liveing shit out of whatever has my attention all aspects peice by peice which hella shows when i interact or just speak in general… and i guess ive been able to tell its rubbed people the wrong way since i was young but ive never had or been able to get anyone to address it without hostility so it always looked like it bothered people that i had so much info to share or discuss and i thought it provoked a sense on insecurity or inadequacy in other people… Im being long winded right now cuz its crazy the logical answer was so simple and it never crossed my mind lol fuckin dexter thanks bro!

And i guess part of growing up is figureing out what actually matters and what dosent im a little behind the curve in some of it cuz… Old habbits die hard
    And i guess ive been kind of deliberately non conformal with alot of shit… The parts of me i like and believe are good i dont want to let the world/society beat out of me. This shits causeing me hella grief at work now though (not the first time either) and i had to throw a line out here and see what you guys thought. This place is usually a breath of fresh air like that.

• I believe there are people out there that think like this, i.e. women showing appreciation for you being thoughtful to a certain extent. It has a lot to do with class, upbringing, and environment. I believe Dexter is talking about today’s mainstream, western society, especially in the United States. The media has portrayed this idea that this is the woman’s time! And me too! And I don’t need no man! And I’m a woman and I can do everything a man does! WE ARE FEMINISTS! And they want everyone around them to know. So much so, that it can be obnoxious.

I know plenty of women (mainly older) that aren’t like this, and I respect them way more because I think to myself: this woman is successful, strong, smart, etc. but doesn’t have to cry this new era feminism bullshit (on the extreme end it’s man-hating) and rub it in your face.

It’s like an overly flamboyant, loud gay dude who talks about his latest dick sucking excursion in public so that everyone around him can hear. But it’s cool because he’s gay and if you have a problem with it then you’re being homophobic.

We live in this new era of social media with twitter, instagram, facebook, youtube, etc. It’s so easy to get sucked into. It’s one big social experiment and we don’t know what the fuck we’re doing really. It can be good and bad and I think we’re all still trying to figure out how to use them.

• [quote=“MikeAlstott” pid=‘70236’ dateline=‘1569899629’]
    WE ARE FEMINISTS! And they want everyone around them to know. So much so, that it can be obnoxious.

We live in this new era of social media with twitter, instagram, facebook, youtube, etc. It’s so easy to get sucked into. It’s one big social experiment and we don’t know what the fuck we’re doing really. It can be good and bad and I think we’re all still trying to figure out how to use them.
    [/quote]

In a society with no laws or law enforcement, feminism doesn’t exist. It’s an artificial construct that you will be rare to find in any animal species where the male is bigger and stronger.

If society collapsed into a mad max type world, feminism would disappear overnight.

Simple experiment…put all the men and boys on one side of the united states and all the women on the other side. Come back in 25 years, which side do you think is going to be better off with running vehicles, electricity, plumbing, running factories, meat on the table?

• Who are your heroes? Real or fictional. People you want to emulate. People you want to end up being like. List them out. Now, whenever you’re mindful enough to do this realtime, ask yourself:

What would my hero do?

What would my hero say?

You’ll find yourself reacting less (the lion cares not what the sheep thinks of him), and sure as shit not getting involved in interpersonal conflicts wherein you have nothing to gain.