Home brewing and getting started

Topic created · 6 Posts · 465 Views
  • So I have decided to start home brewing for myself and have been doing my research on it for the last few weeks. I have read up on it mostly just whats on reddit as well as a few stickied posts on meso. I did a search on sst through older posts and read different peoples questions and the responses they have gotten but I was wondering if anyone could point me towards any additional resources. I like to learn as much as I can about something before I actually do it to mitigate any problems that may arise. Im not looking to make anything exotic mainly Test E and deca, Ill probably cap some dbol And asin as well.

• [quote=“Thatdude1776” pid=‘72508’ dateline=‘1571532493’]
    So I have decided to start home brewing for myself and have been doing my research on it for the last few weeks. I have read up on it mostly just whats on reddit as well as a few stickied posts on meso. I did a search on sst through older posts and read different peoples questions and the responses they have gotten but I was wondering if anyone could point me towards any additional resources. I like to learn as much as I can about something before I actually do it to mitigate any problems that may arise. Im not looking to make anything exotic mainly Test E and deca, Ill probably cap some dbol And asin as well.
    [/quote]

If you’ve covered the reddit article and combed the net on how to measure your raws, what ratios of solvents to use, carrier oils and how to maintain sterility, the only thing left is to gather your equipment and go for it.

The big guys have equipment that is gonna be a little pricey for a homebrew that only needs a small volume. At that point making sure you buy filtered sterile oil to begin with and know how to keep your equipment sterile, that would be my chief concern.

SoCo is one of the few guys on here that has pointed out how he sterilizes his open vials and rubber caps before filling and sealing them.

What are your plans for sterility?

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘72549’ dateline=‘1571579117’]
    [quote=“Thatdude1776” pid=‘72508’ dateline=‘1571532493’]
    So I have decided to start home brewing for myself and have been doing my research on it for the last few weeks. I have read up on it mostly just whats on reddit as well as a few stickied posts on meso. I did a search on sst through older posts and read different peoples questions and the responses they have gotten but I was wondering if anyone could point me towards any additional resources. I like to learn as much as I can about something before I actually do it to mitigate any problems that may arise. Im not looking to make anything exotic mainly Test E and deca, Ill probably cap some dbol And asin as well.
    [/quote]

If you’ve covered the reddit article and combed the net on how to measure your raws, what ratios of solvents to use, carrier oils and how to maintain sterility, the only thing left is to gather your equipment and go for it.

The big guys have equipment that is gonna be a little pricey for a homebrew that only needs a small volume. At that point making sure you buy filtered sterile oil to begin with and know how to keep your equipment sterile, that would be my chief concern.

SoCo is one of the few guys on here that has pointed out how he sterilizes his open vials and rubber caps before filling and sealing them.

[/quote]

Being that I will only be brewing for myself I’m going to use vials that come sterilized and everything else will be sterilized in a pressure cooker and over dried. At least for my first batch thats how I plan on going about it. If I have issues with the stoppers getting too beat up ill switch to sterilizing my own vials and then putting tops on.

• [quote=“Thatdude1776” pid=‘72568’ dateline=‘1571590691’]
    [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘72549’ dateline=‘1571579117’]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Being that I will only be brewing for myself I’m going to use vials that come sterilized and everything else will be sterilized in a pressure cooker and over dried. At least for my first batch thats how I plan on going about it. If I have issues with the stoppers getting too beat up ill switch to sterilizing my own vials and then putting tops on.
    [/quote]
    My only piece of advice for buying pre-sterilized vials is do not use 18g inch needles to filter. I had to re-filter multiple vials due to the stopper being shit quality.

• [quote=“RipRich69” pid=‘72671’ dateline=‘1571694695’]
    [quote=“Thatdude1776” pid=‘72568’ dateline=‘1571590691’]
    [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘72549’ dateline=‘1571579117’]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    My only piece of advice for buying pre-sterilized vials is do not use 18g inch needles to filter. I had to re-filter multiple vials due to the stopper being shit quality.
    [/quote]

What did you use instead?

• I used the ”homebrew on a budget” guide from Reddit and it was great for personal use amounts. Make sure order a good surplus of syringe filters… I literally allocate one syringe filter per 20ml of gear. If you push your luck and overuse your filter to where it bursts, you’ll have to empty the gear from the vial, toss the vial because it’s not sterile anymore, then re filter the gear into a new sterile vial etc… I learned this the hard away. Also really get comfortable with your powder calculations and ratios. Once you learn how to do the math quickly and use the steroid calc from Basskiller you’ll be good. Good luck brother!