High Igf-1 levels while on cruise

Topic created · 8 Posts · 387 Views
  • I’ve been cruising at 125mg test e per week and recently had a blood test which put my test levels at 948 ng/dl.

Igf-1 levels came back at 335 ng/ml with the normal levels scale going by 98-282 ng/dl.

Been searching around but I can’t find a straight answer if this level of igf-1 is relatively safe/ normal to be at for an extended period of time or if its something I should keep an eye on.

Appreciate any info thanks!

• This happens to me also, mines 302 in same range. I was told good for gains, bad for cancer, who knows, ask your doc.

• Mine is the same, it’s not that crazy. My doctors had me do a contrasted MRI on my pituitary gland (brain) to make sure I had no polyps/tumors or abnormalities. That ruled out all the worry.

From my understanding, high IGF-1 is good. It’s not really a worry until it’s double or triple the range of the test, or unless you are exibiting signs of acromegaly (gigantism).

My TRT doctor checks my IGF-1 about twice a year now, just to make sure it isn’t continuously rising. I’m not sure I ever had a baseline before using testosterone. Only good/bad thing is this is preventing me from using HGH because a.) my doctor checks my IGF and it will be suspicious and B.) people you use HGH are really only raising their IGF-1 to around the level you mentioned, so what’s the point?

Enjoy it man. Think about getting the MRI to rule out any tumors if you are concerned.

• goddamn, I can’t get IGF-1 levels that high on any less than 3iu of HGH, I’m jealous. that test multiplier is insane on 125mg a week as well

• You should be fine, my doctor is very open with me about what I need to watch out for and I often get bloods and haven’t had any complaints about elevated IGF to date.

• Wow. I’ve been on 400 mg/wk of test and that’s it. IGF came back at low 400’s. I haven’t been using AI because I have practically no sides. And it’s important to note that E2 is important for influencing IGF values.

• [quote=“nightrider300” pid=‘73482’ dateline=‘1572458149’]
    Wow. I’ve been on 400 mg/wk of test and that’s it. IGF came back at low 400’s. I haven’t been using AI because I have practically no sides. And it’s important to note that E2 is important for influencing IGF values.
    [/quote]

Not sure if test affects IGF-1 levels - do you have any study as to the correlation of e2 & IGF-1? I know you’re correct but my memory is failing me

• I agree, not sure if 400mg test has any effect on IGF-1, my question is do you have any base line bloodwork of your IGF-1 before starting exogenous testosterone?