Pinning with no PIP

Topic created · 23 Posts · 1322 Views
  • So the last few times I’ve pinned, I have gotten 0 pip even with a new injection site. The injection site was in the quads and a couple things I did was put my fingers on the site then push out to tighten the skin, inserted the needle steadily with the beveled end up, injected extremely slowly (30 seconds per ml), and used a 25g 1 inch needle. I did not heat up the oil or rub the injection site after as I have read this can result in a subq leak. What are your tips on reducing PIP?

• Here is what makes a negligible difference in pip for me:
    -keeping the needle steady. I shake every shot, doesn’t make a difference. literally dropped the needle sideways inside the muscle before, didn’t have any issue.
    -injecting slow. I pin as fast as I can, have pinned like a straight tortoise, doesn’t make a difference
    -warming the oil. whether I warm it or not the pip remains the same. this does make a huge difference in draw/injection speed though
    -using X size needle, for me 25g is the same as 31g. you couldn’t pay me to pin with anything larger than 25 tho, but that’s just a mental/scar tissue related thing. irrational fear of needles growing up
    -concentration of gear. i get pip with 200 mg/ml pharma test just like i do 200 mg/ml tren ace or 500 mg/ml deca
    -oil volume, whether it’s .5 cc or over 4cc pip remains similar (actually had some of the worst pip with the lowest volume shots)
    -waiting longer than a few days before reusing a site. i’ve pinned EOD in the same sites just fine (i do move the location on that specific site though)

here is what makes a world’s difference, talking going from 1 week+ pip and swelling to near none at all:

STERILE OIL DILUTION. Nothing else makes any significant change, but sterile oil is my hg. i will not do another injection without it. rather skip a shot waiting for new sterile oil to come in (in theory) than do my shot without dilution. the significance is tremendous, even life changing for those who have/had to deal with pip often

with sterile oil you do not need to be concerned about the total volume of oil. i have done shots with over 4 cc of oil in my delts/arms (other muscles too, but these are the smallest ones) without issue beyond the annoyance of injecting with one of those fucking turkey baster sized syringes. dudes out there are injecting 3 cc of SEO in each head of the arms (so 9 cc total in triceps, for example) and we’ve got so many guys on a variety of forums acting like 3 cc of oil is ‘too much’ for a site. no no and no, it’s not

my suggested ratio is anywhere from .5:1 to 1:1 (oil:gear). Currently doing .8:1 with SoCo’s tren and pharma/deus test as the gear. i would not be hesitant to use a greater ratio of oil:gear if needed.

something to note:

i always push the pin (puncture the skin/muscle) in slowly and pull the needle out to repin if i feel myself hitting a vein (incredibly common in arms unfortunately, sometimes i’ll re-stab upwards of 5 times before i get to enter the muscle). i do not get ‘squirters’ and very rarely do i bleed at all. i have never gotten tren cough before with this approach either. whether or not this plays a role i cannot say as i have never done the dart technique in my life.

edit: and i am not trying to discredit any relief that others have attained through aforementioned methods, just sharing what’s worked/not worked for me personally.

• I’ll second pretty much all of that advice. Cutting with sterile oil is the only thing that has helped.

And not to crap in your flower garden OP but in my experience any time I pin a new site I don’t see pip either! But after you reuse them for a bit… it returns. It always returns.

• [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘73601’ dateline=‘1572573297’]
    Here is what makes a negligible difference in pip for me:
    -keeping the needle steady. I shake every shot, doesn’t make a difference. literally dropped the needle sideways inside the muscle before, didn’t have any issue.
    -injecting slow. I pin as fast as I can, have pinned like a straight tortoise, doesn’t make a difference
    -warming the oil. whether I warm it or not the pip remains the same. this does make a huge difference in draw/injection speed though
    -using X size needle, for me 25g is the same as 31g. you couldn’t pay me to pin with anything larger than 25 tho, but that’s just a mental/scar tissue related thing. irrational fear of needles growing up
    -concentration of gear. i get pip with 200 mg/ml pharma test just like i do 200 mg/ml tren ace or 500 mg/ml deca
    -oil volume, whether it’s .5 cc or over 4cc pip remains similar (actually had some of the worst pip with the lowest volume shots)
    -waiting longer than a few days before reusing a site. i’ve pinned EOD in the same sites just fine (i do move the location on that specific site though)

here is what makes a world’s difference, talking going from 1 week+ pip and swelling to near none at all:

STERILE OIL DILUTION. Nothing else makes any significant change, but sterile oil is my hg. i will not do another injection without it. rather skip a shot waiting for new sterile oil to come in (in theory) than do my shot without dilution. the significance is tremendous, even life changing for those who have/had to deal with pip often

with sterile oil you do not need to be concerned about the total volume of oil. i have done shots with over 4 cc of oil in my delts/arms (other muscles too, but these are the smallest ones) without issue beyond the annoyance of injecting with one of those fucking turkey baster sized syringes. dudes out there are injecting 3 cc of SEO in each head of the arms (so 9 cc total in triceps, for example) and we’ve got so many guys on a variety of forums acting like 3 cc of oil is ‘too much’ for a site. no no and no, it’s not

my suggested ratio is anywhere from .5:1 to 1:1 (oil:gear). Currently doing .8:1 with SoCo’s tren and pharma/deus test as the gear. i would not be hesitant to use a greater ratio of oil:gear if needed.

something to note:

i always push the pin (puncture the skin/muscle) in slowly and pull the needle out to repin if i feel myself hitting a vein (incredibly common in arms unfortunately, sometimes i’ll re-stab upwards of 5 times before i get to enter the muscle). i do not get ‘squirters’ and very rarely do i bleed at all. i have never gotten tren cough before with this approach either. whether or not this plays a role i cannot say as i have never done the dart technique in my life.

edit: and i am not trying to discredit any relief that others have attained through aforementioned methods, just sharing what’s worked/not worked for me personally.
    [/quote]

So you’re doubling your injection amount to dilute it with sterile oil? Might give that a try if I get debilitating pip again. Can’t imagine injecting 5ml of oil.

• [quote=“kuryu4” pid=‘73625’ dateline=‘1572616753’]
    [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘73601’ dateline=‘1572573297’]

something to note:

[/quote]

So you’re doubling your injection amount to dilute it with sterile oil? Might give that a try if I get debilitating pip again. Can’t imagine injecting 5ml of oil.
    [/quote]

You can avoid injecting 5ml of oil by increasing pin frequency along with using more pinning sites. Lots of us pin Ed with 1ml slin pins, even on a blast. Most recommend 8 pin sites minimum. Personally I use pecs(favorite), delts, VG, glutes, and lats. That’s 10 easy sites.

• [quote]
    [/quote]

That’s correct, however you could always start with a lower ratio if for some reason you’re still psyched out by the thought of injecting larger volumes of oil! Maybe do .5:1 and gradually increase it by .1:0 each shot until you reach you desired relief. As mentioned by another user, you could also split that 5 mL into two separate shots of 2.5 mL in two different sites instead.

• [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘73601’ dateline=‘1572573297’]

something to note:

[/quote]

sterile oil whats that? whats the process for using it

• [quote=“bottletop” pid=‘73683’ dateline=‘1572661658’]

something to note:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sterile (USP grade) oil is basically a carrier oil without any compound in it (it’s pure oil). You simply draw the oil out into the syringe, followed by drawing the gear into that same syringe, and then inject normally! Let me know if you have any specific questions or anything and I’ll do my best to answer them 🙂

• [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘73693’ dateline=‘1572671536’]
    [quote=“bottletop” pid=‘73683’ dateline=‘1572661658’]

something to note:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sterile (USP grade) oil is basically a carrier oil without any compound in it (it’s pure oil). You simply draw the oil out into the syringe, followed by drawing the gear into that same syringe, and then inject normally! Let me know if you have any specific questions or anything and I’ll do my best to answer them 🙂
    [/quote]

do you need to buy similar oil as the carrier oil used in the gear?

• [quote=“bottletop” pid=‘73737’ dateline=‘1572710898’]
    [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘73693’ dateline=‘1572671536’]

something to note:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope! I use grape seed to mix with gear in MCT, mig, or even cotton seed. Can’t spesk for peanut or sesame oil but to my knowledge those aren’t being used in 99% of UGL. Only thing to consider is an allergy if it’s a carrier oil you’ve never used before.

• [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘73738’ dateline=‘1572711485’]
    [quote=“bottletop” pid=‘73737’ dateline=‘1572710898’]

something to note:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope! I use grape seed to mix with gear in MCT, mig, or even cotton seed. Can’t spesk for peanut or sesame oil but to my knowledge those aren’t being used in 99% of UGL. Only thing to consider is an allergy if it’s a carrier oil you’ve never used before.
    [/quote]
    how much do you generally draw and why do you think it helps with pip?

• [quote=“bottletop” pid=‘73777’ dateline=‘1572733687’]
    [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘73738’ dateline=‘1572711485’]
    [quote=“bottletop” pid=‘73737’ dateline=‘1572710898’]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    how much do you generally draw and why do you think it helps with pip?
    [/quote]

Please make sure you read my posts through man (I already mentioned how much I use in my first response ITT)!

Currently I am doing a .8:1 ratio, meaning .8 mL sterile oil to 1 mL gear. I advise using between a .5:1 and a 1:1 ratio to start with and tinkering it based on the amount of relief it provides. If you do .5:1 and still have some issues, bump it up to like .7-.8:1 for the next shot, or if you try 1:1 and it absolves completely, maybe try lowering it a bit by .1 each shot until you find the ‘sweet spot’ where you don’t have any issues and aren’t pinning excess volume either.

It pretty much fixes or minimizes everything that could be causing pip beyond an allergy to the carrier oil itself:

BB concentration
    BA concentration
    Compound concentration
    Contaminants

Personally I feel like my ‘issue’ is the BB/BA content as I have issues no matter what gear, concentration, or what carrier oil it’s in, but only attain relief through dilution.

There is also the speculation (I don’t know if it has any credibility) that some people absorb oil faster than others, and it leaves ‘crystals’ (the drug/compound) in the muscle which are inflaming the muscle/tissue and causing pip/swelling/etc. Adding more oil to the equation allows for full/better absorption of the compound before the oil is fully dissipated. Again, unsure about the credibility of this but it’s something I’ve heard people discuss and it does make some sense on a surface level.

• @“kingofcarbz” thanks for the response on the other post, I think this question will be more helpful in this thread.

Here’s where I’m getting confused, I have mig840 test p 200mg/ML I draw up 70mg everyday which is a small amount of liquid. The pip is hell, if I draw 70mg of my test p and then draw an equal amount of usp filtered GSO, I’m still getting the 70mg of test I need correct?

The way I understand it is that yes I’m still getting my 70mg but the mg per ml ratio has technically changed because I added more of a carrier oil. Regardless of that, I just wanna make sure I can keep my gear doses the same and just add GSO for pip without it being complicated.

Hopefully this makes sense

• [quote=“TreyJames” pid=‘73842’ dateline=‘1572809006’]
    @“kingofcarbz” thanks for the response on the other post, I think this question will be more helpful in this thread.

Here’s where I’m getting confused, I have mig840 test p 200mg/ML I draw up 70mg everyday which is a small amount of liquid. The pip is hell, if I draw 70mg of my test p and then draw an equal amount of usp filtered GSO, I’m still getting the 70mg of test I need correct?

The way I understand it is that yes I’m still getting my 70mg but the mg per ml ratio has technically changed because I added more of a carrier oil. Regardless of that, I just wanna make sure I can keep my gear doses the same and just add GSO for pip without it being complicated.

[/quote]

Not Kingofcarbz, but as long as you draw 70mg of Test Prop, it doesnt matter what else you draw into the needle, you’re still gonna get your 70mg of prop.

• [quote=“thallandchill” pid=‘73843’ dateline=‘1572809339’]
    [quote=“TreyJames” pid=‘73842’ dateline=‘1572809006’]
    @“kingofcarbz” thanks for the response on the other post, I think this question will be more helpful in this thread.

[/quote]

Not Kingofcarbz, but as long as you draw 70mg of Test Prop, it doesnt matter what else you draw into the needle, you’re still gonna get your 70mg of prop.
    [/quote]

Solid, thanks bro!

• Just wanted to confirm that what chill said is correct! Please chime in once you’ve tried it 🙂 really hoping it provides you with the relief needed

• [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘73894’ dateline=‘1572844084’]
    Just wanted to confirm that what chill said is correct! Please chime in once you’ve tried it 🙂 really hoping it provides you with the relief needed
    [/quote]

Perfect solution bro, my GSO came in and I started with a 1:1 ratio of gear to sterile oil, slammed it in my left delt and literally no reaction or pip or anything, decided to tinker with the ratio so I went down to .7:1 and slammed it in my quad, regretted it the next day, pip was back but not nearly as bad and went away after one day. I’m gonna stick to 1:1 until all the pip clears from my glutes from my last injection of strictly gear, but just wanted to say thanks for the solution, it was a huge help.

• [quote=“TreyJames” pid=‘74532’ dateline=‘1573514910’]
    [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘73894’ dateline=‘1572844084’]
    Just wanted to confirm that what chill said is correct! Please chime in once you’ve tried it 🙂 really hoping it provides you with the relief needed
    [/quote]

Perfect solution bro, my GSO came in and I started with a 1:1 ratio of gear to sterile oil, slammed it in my left delt and literally no reaction or pip or anything, decided to tinker with the ratio so I went down to .7:1 and slammed it in my quad, regretted it the next day, pip was back but not nearly as bad and went away after one day. I’m gonna stick to 1:1 until all the pip clears from my glutes from my last injection of strictly gear, but just wanted to say thanks for the solution, it was a huge help.
    [/quote]

You’re welcome man! I’m beyond happy to hear that. Appreciate the follow up as well 🙂

• [quote=“mdwilson2011” pid=‘73653’ dateline=‘1572636551’]
    [quote=“kuryu4” pid=‘73625’ dateline=‘1572616753’]

something to note:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can avoid injecting 5ml of oil by increasing pin frequency along with using more pinning sites. Lots of us pin Ed with 1ml slin pins, even on a blast. Most recommend 8 pin sites minimum. Personally I use pecs(favorite), delts, VG, glutes, and lats. That’s 10 easy sites.
    [/quote]
    one question. how do you draw an oil based compound into (or through) a slin pin, which is such a narrow gauge? The pins I use for HGH are 30ga. What ga are you referring to?

• [quote=“Jake11” pid=‘74562’ dateline=‘1573568157’]
    [quote=“mdwilson2011” pid=‘73653’ dateline=‘1572636551’]
    [quote=“kuryu4” pid=‘73625’ dateline=‘1572616753’]

something to note:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    one question. how do you draw an oil based compound into (or through) a slin pin, which is such a narrow gauge? The pins I use for HGH are 30ga. What ga are you referring to?
    [/quote]

Buy the syringe and needle separately. You can buy like 100 1ml syringes (make sure they’re luer lock) on Amazon. Then buy something like a 22g needle for drawing and a 30ish gauge for injecting. A 22g will easily draw cold grapeseed oil with no problem.