Training partners - How do you guys find them?

Topic created · 7 Posts · 353 Views
  • I think we’re all a little bit anti-social/closed off going in to the gym, but for those of us that don’t have friends that train, how do you get get a good training partners?

I like to train to failure, and obviously (lightly) assisted reps are good for growth. I’ve never had a dedicated training partner but I imagine results would be pretty epic.

• I’ve got 3 or 4 juice box buddies that I lift with on a regular basis. All they do is bug me about ordering them gear and make me take my earbuds out between sets.

It’s nice to have a spot on bench though.

• Ehh, solo is best imo.

• [quote=“Aoi611” pid=‘73793’ dateline=‘1572743086’]
    I think we’re all a little bit anti-social/closed off going in to the gym, but for those of us that don’t have friends that train, how do you get get a good training partners?

I like to train to failure, and obviously (lightly) assisted reps are good for growth. I’ve never had a dedicated training partner but I imagine results would be pretty epic.
    [/quote]

I find it’s easier to find people to lift with in powerlifting gyms, etc. Most of the guys are chasing PRs together and shit, so there is a lot of pushing eachother and encouragement and shit. It’s really nice.

I got lucky in that my younger brother lifts like I do and I’ve got a buddy who I’ve known since we were little to train with.

• I always just assumed it was a rule that when you’re obviously on gear, you always acknowledge anyone else in the gym that’s also obviously on gear when you walk past them.

Or you could just try Grindr, that’s where I find mine.

• [quote=“thallandchill” pid=‘73830’ dateline=‘1572798254’]
    [quote=“Aoi611” pid=‘73793’ dateline=‘1572743086’]
    I think we’re all a little bit anti-social/closed off going in to the gym, but for those of us that don’t have friends that train, how do you get get a good training partners?

[/quote]

I find it’s easier to find people to lift with in powerlifting gyms, etc. Most of the guys are chasing PRs together and shit, so there is a lot of pushing eachother and encouragement and shit. It’s really nice.

I got lucky in that my younger brother lifts like I do and I’ve got a buddy who I’ve known since we were little to train with.
    [/quote]

I actually dont like this lol. I generally push my limits myself and during the adversity my mind is putting up with from the nervous system signals of my body failing, someone being near 5 ft of me just pisses me off, muchless encouraging me to try harder as my face is red af from trying to surpass past me. If I fail, I just roll the plates off the bench cuz I dont use clips. If I fail squats I have safety bars.

• I’m a lone wolf in the gym, if I need a spot I’ll ask some cardio bunny or weight skank.