Blood tests prior to GH use

Topic created · 6 Posts · 225 Views
  • Before starting initial GH use, I plan to test for baseline levels. Can any one provide additional tests that I should have done besides GH, IGF1, glucose? Thanks in advance.

• thyroid (tsh, t3, t4) as hgh can affect t4 levels so knowing your baseline would be good in order to supplement t4 if necessary.

• You don’t really need to test your serum GH levels prior to starting, IGF-1 is a must though.

Serum GH levels will almost always be low when NOT using GH. This is because GH pulses occur mostly while we are sleeping, so it’s rare to catch a pulse of GH on a blood test during waking hours.

IGF-1 paints a better picture of overall GH secretion.

• Got it. Much appreciated

• [quote=“FixerUpper” pid=‘73913’ dateline=‘1572865584’]
    You don’t really need to test your serum GH levels prior to starting, IGF-1 is a must though.

Serum GH levels will almost always be low when NOT using GH. This is because GH pulses occur mostly while we are sleeping, so it’s rare to catch a pulse of GH on a blood test during waking hours.

[/quote]

what’s the best timing post injection for testing IGF-1 btw? I’ve been doing approx. 3h after injecting

• [quote=“appropionate” pid=‘74052’ dateline=‘1572960603’]
    [quote=“FixerUpper” pid=‘73913’ dateline=‘1572865584’]
    You don’t really need to test your serum GH levels prior to starting, IGF-1 is a must though.

[/quote]

what’s the best timing post injection for testing IGF-1 btw? I’ve been doing approx. 3h after injecting
    [/quote]

The timing of IGF-1 testing is largely irrelevant, as it represents serum GH levels over a long period of time, rather than acutely.

When using GH, the timing of the blood test is only important when measuring serum GH levels, since this will be an acute measurement of the GH that’s in your system from your last GH injection.