Cycle, prescription TRT and "coming off"

Topic created · 10 Posts · 381 Views
  • As of now I run lower dose, long arching cycles and then go back on my TRT of test cypionate 100mg every 10 days that my dr put me on. I basically never come off. I’m not opposed to it, but should I be running a PCT along with my TRT? Dies it matter? I ran this last cycle and have just been cruising at 100mg a week. Still feel ok, but my concern is that I’m not “coming off”…ever. I know one day I will stop taking test…should I still run HCG/Clomid in addition to my TRT to keep things stimulated?

Thanks
    Boogar

• [quote=“Boogar” pid=‘74041’ dateline=‘1572954603’]
    As of now I run lower dose, long arching cycles and then go back on my TRT of test cypionate 100mg every 10 days that my dr put me on. I basically never come off. I’m not opposed to it, but should I be running a PCT along with my TRT? Dies it matter? I ran this last cycle and have just been cruising at 100mg a week. Still feel ok, but my concern is that I’m not “coming off”…ever. I know one day I will stop taking test…should I still run HCG/Clomid in addition to my TRT to keep things stimulated?

Thanks
    Boogar
    [/quote]

No, the point of PCT is to restore your natural production of testosterone as quickly as possible. This won’t happen when you are on replacement therapy as the exogenous test you are taking for TRT prevents it.

TRT is normally a lifetime therapy to overcome the bodies deficient production so I’m not sure what you mean by the statement that you plan to come off of it. If you do (for whatever reason) ask your doctor to prescribe you a protocol then.

• Ok thanks for the info.

I know (so does my doctor) my test levels are low because ive been using so long. Is there any point in taking a break at this point? My test was 156 before she put me on and I hadnt run anything for a year (due to lack of time for proper training, baby, brother died, grama died)

I have a feeling ive been shut down so long PCT would only render temporary results then my levels would drop
    [hr]
    Eh fuck it, I’ll just cruise 🙂

• [quote=“Boogar” pid=‘74043’ dateline=‘1572955608’]
    Ok thanks for the info.

I know (so does my doctor) my test levels are low because ive been using so long. Is there any point in taking a break at this point? My test was 156 before she put me on and I hadnt run anything for a year (due to lack of time for proper training, baby, brother died, grama died)

I have a feeling ive been shut down so long PCT would only render temporary results then my levels would drop
    [hr]
    [/quote]

Sorry bro, I’ve only been blast and (trt) cruise as well so that would be outside my wheelhouse. I’ll leave it to more experienced members opinions here (HCG protocol, etc)

• [quote=“Boogar” pid=‘74043’ dateline=‘1572955608’]
    Ok thanks for the info.

[hr]
    [/quote]

There’s no point in taking a break. You have hypogonadism, so there aren’t sufficient natural hormone levels to be restored if you were to stop using testosterone. At best, you’d just go back to your pre TRT hormone levels…which appear to have been abysmal.

Generally speaking hypogonadism can’t be “fixed”, only treated, and that’s what you’re doing by using testosterone.

That TRT protocol sounds brutal though. Ever thought about changing that up a bit?

• [quote=“FixerUpper” pid=‘74071’ dateline=‘1572975218’]
    [quote=“Boogar” pid=‘74043’ dateline=‘1572955608’]
    Ok thanks for the info.

[hr]
    [/quote]

There’s no point in taking a break. You have hypogonadism, so there aren’t sufficient natural hormone levels to be restored if you were to stop using testosterone. At best, you’d just go back to your pre TRT hormone levels…which appear to have been abysmal.

Generally speaking hypogonadism can’t be “fixed”, only treated, and that’s what you’re doing by using testosterone.

That TRT protocol sounds brutal though. Ever thought about changing that up a bit?
    [/quote]

Brutal as in too low? Yeah, I feel tired a lot. No really grumpy dick still works I just get tired fast. I was thinking 1ml of sustanon a week instead. Thing is sust keeps me elevated a lot longer and when I go for bloods I have to stop 15 days or so so my levels arent too high. I got a suprize test a few weeks ago and I was around 1800…doc said too high. I just told her I took an entire ml because I felt bad…so she lowered my rx dose. I was honest with her about my use. Even told her I use NPP and she just said thats fine, but we cant let your test get too high. You risk cardiac disease and blood pressure issues…

I think 200-250 would be a sweet spot for me personally. Using TPP, I could stop a week ahead of a test and be fine

• This is something you can consult with your doctor to confirm, but assuming you went on TRT because your natural test production was already low (and you had never used AAS before that), you’re not likely to get it much higher than your original baseline. You have an actual medical need for TRT.

• [quote=“HALOMUNE” pid=‘74097’ dateline=‘1572987098’]
    This is something you can consult with your doctor to confirm, but assuming you went on TRT because your natural test production was already low (and you had never used AAS before that), you’re not likely to get it much higher than your original baseline. You have an actual medical need for TRT.
    [/quote]

Ive been using for 15 years, not sure what you mean…it is absolutely due to AAS. Doc knows that, but wants me to stay around 600ng/dl

• I meant if you were using AAS recreationally before going on doctor-prescribed TRT.

• [quote=“HALOMUNE” pid=‘74108’ dateline=‘1572997169’]
    I meant if you were using AAS recreationally before going on doctor-prescribed TRT.
    [/quote]

Gotcha