Your go to foods

Topic created · 18 Posts · 1150 Views
  • I get sick of eating the same food and it is the hardest part. Sometimes really don’t have to appetite for 2lbs of meat a day. What are some of your go to high protein foods that are simple to prepare? Any recipes for particularly beef and chicken that are your favorite?

• Protein pancakes when I am tired of chicken/turkey/fish. When I am bored of rice I do sweet potatoes, many times I just do trader joes sweet potato fries cuz college. My protein pancake recipe is easy. Just mix regular pancake mix with protein powder (I use TJs protein pancakes and add 1-2 scoops of my pro jym smores protein). I use milk instead of water, consistency is much better.
    More TJs talk, 21 seasoning salute is great
    Other seasonings to add: turmeric, cumin, and or paprika(not bitch shit, use the spicy kind or at least potent flavorful hungarian kind).

• Kirkland Greek yogurt add pineapple and blueberries.

Protein pancakes with peanut butter smeared on top and sugar free syrup.

Steel cut oats add whey isolate, peanut butter, banana

Sandwich with non shit tier deli meat and mayo. Add spinach and tomato

7 eggs 1 avocado 12.5mg Asin

Chicken breast and sweet potatoes with grass fed butter and cinnamon added

Large Garlic chicken pizza once a week
    2 new York steaks a week

Never milk!

This is what I eat on a daily basis during my current bulk.

• Yesterday was homemade beef stew with veggies, gold or red potatoes, carrots, onions, corn, cabbage, tomatoes.

Today chicken chili.

I like making a lot of soups, beef enchiladas with corn shells , turkey with mashed potatoes veggies and gravy. Taco salad with chicken or beef beans salad and low sodium corn chips.

I try to stick to low sodium and I also avoid gluten and dairy if possible, sometimes gluten is necessary.

I’ve always said moms home cooking is the best for building strength, maybe not so great for being shredded.

• consider your appetite a variable you can manipulate - the better your food tastes, the more your brain will reward you with dopamine etc, overriding satiety signalling.

tender grass-fed beef; filet, sirloin, flank steak, onglet, or slow cooked tongue, cheeks, roasts taste amazing with just salt & pepper, no comparison to grocery store trash

often overlooked and even higher in protein than other animals is game meat - availability here highly depends on your region of course.

using an acidic marinade for helping with protein breakdown helps shortening satiation periods as well, or you may even look into supplementing protease to ensure you actually absorb all the protein you’re eating, but that’s only an issue with quickly absorbing sources like whey really.

appetite & satiety are really complex topics and there are many approaches bodybuilders are generally missing when it comes to this

• Ground beef and rice - use different seasonings on beef and different kinds of rice or variety. mix and eat.

Baked/grilled chicken - change marinade or seasons for different tastes. Use a lot of McCormik Grillmates seasonings.

I generally can eat the same thing every day without getting tired of it though but at least with the above a keep a rotation of flavor.

• [quote=“appropionate” pid=‘74324’ dateline=‘1573216023’]

often overlooked and even higher in protein than other animals is game meat - availability here highly depends on your region of course.

[/quote]

I’m a huge fan of bison and deer. I score pretty well with some of my friends when hunting season rolls around, and bison is a pretty juicy alternative to steak if you’ve been in that game for a while.

• Fairlife 2% chocolate milk has made getting 200g a day of protein much easier for me. The 1.7 litre bottle has 980 calories and 93g of protein. It’s lactose free, but I’m somebody who thrives on lots of dairy anyway. I drink one daily for “breakfast” when I’m maintaining (~3000 calories) or bulking.

When I’m cutting I’ll do a big thing of fat free greek yogurt instead (~500 calories ~75g of protein) Usually mix in instant coffee and a little bit of sugar to taste to make it delicious coffee yogurt.

My go to veggies are brocolli, arugula and green beans. Never really get sick of any of them.

• [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘74330’ dateline=‘1573226913’]
    [quote=“appropionate” pid=‘74324’ dateline=‘1573216023’]

[/quote]

I’m a huge fan of bison and deer. I score pretty well with some of my friends when hunting season rolls around, and bison is a pretty juicy alternative to steak if you’ve been in that game for a while.
    [/quote]

Bison is hands down one of the best tasting fucking meats I have ever eaten. I eat it every week. It is expensive as fuck, but definitely worth.

I also kill the fuck out of deer every deer season, so I got a shit ton of deer too. Deer back strap wrapped in bacon is god tier.

• [quote=“thallandchill” pid=‘74345’ dateline=‘1573236138’]

I also kill the fuck out of deer every deer season, so I got a shit ton of deer too. Deer back strap wrapped in bacon is god tier.
    [/quote]

Fuck I’m glad the wife is bringing home dinner because my mouth just started watering haha

• Go to guga foods on youtube and learn how to make steak amazing!

• [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘74330’ dateline=‘1573226913’]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All we have for game here in Germany are deer and boar really, please send bison dead or alive

• [quote=“appropionate” pid=‘74411’ dateline=‘1573327010’]
    [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘74330’ dateline=‘1573226913’]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All we have for game here in Germany are deer and boar really, please send bison dead or alive
    [/quote]

I will have it sent on a private jet and massaged vigorously to emulate a fine wagyu.

• [quote=“Dumbass-TheGreat” pid=‘74327’ dateline=‘1573221563’]
    Ground beef and rice - use different seasonings on beef and different kinds of rice or variety. mix and eat.

Baked/grilled chicken - change marinade or seasons for different tastes. Use a lot of McCormik Grillmates seasonings.

I generally can eat the same thing every day without getting tired of it though but at least with the above a keep a rotation of flavor.
    [/quote]

dude… ive been eating chicken and rice 2 time a day mon- friday for about 3 years now… ill go through periods of ground turkey instead of chicken and one every couple months, carne asada. But i can literally eat the same shit almost every day as long as i change out the flavors weekly. Its really a blessing because it saves me time as well. I just cook a large amount on sunday and then eat mon- friday at work. This way i can just come home, wash my tupperware and then serve it up for the next day. Its actually more of a lazy thing if anything, but it helps to ensure i am pretty much dialed in on my daily intake of nutrients.

• A1 sauce on everything makes it go down for me .

• A quick public announcement: Stubb’s sugar free barbeque sauce is being slept on by alot fo you. 10cals, no shit ingredients, actually tastes like bbq sauce.

Go to Walmart and buy some

• +1 Stubbs sugar free Honey Mustard as well. My main go to is Grilled chicken, Rice, kale, flax oil all mixed up and slathered in sriracha and that Stubbs honey mustard.

Usually end up eating French Toast with sugar free syrup once a day as well and Halo Top if I get a sweet tooth.

• Whenever I’m stuck with meal ideas I inevitably revert back to an old favorite, chili. So many variations: turkey, lean/fatty beef, carb heavy, low carb, creative toppings, endless veg. Also, you can make a fuck ton in one go.