Return to Sender

Topic created · 19 Posts · 874 Views
  • Had a package that was supposed to be delivered today and tracking online says it could not be delivered as addressed and that it would be returned to sender. I contacted my source and they confirmed my address was correct. What’s my next move here?

• So did you give them an address that was not yours?

• [quote=“HeathGT” pid=‘74790’ dateline=‘1573794569’]
    So did you give them an address that was not yours?
    [/quote]

No, it was my address and it was correct. I have no clue why they would just return to sender the package for no apparent reason.

Thoughts?

• Did you use a fake name?

Honestly I would have gone down to the post office and tell them to get that package back to you as soon as they pulled the return to sender crap.

Never liked the USPS a bunch of screw ups so you gotta watch everything they do.

If your package was a domestic pack then there really no risk of them catching onto the contents of the packs, so feel safe telling the postal service to get your pack back if they can. One thing is for certain, if it really was returned, it’s gone, no source is dumb enough to accept returned packs.

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘74793’ dateline=‘1573796931’]
    Did you use a fake name?

Honestly I would have gone down to the post office and tell them to get that package back to you as soon as they pulled the return to sender crap.

Never liked the USPS a bunch of screw ups so you gotta watch everything they do.

If your package was a domestic pack then there really no risk of them catching onto the contents of the packs, so feel safe telling the postal service to get your pack back if they can. One thing is for certain, if it really was returned, it’s gone, no source is dumb enough to accept returned packs.
    [/quote]

No, I didn’t use a fake name!

This happened today.

Thanks for your response man! My source told me to call USPS and figure out what they did with my package ASAP. Should I call them in the morning?

• [quote=“Halfpint89” pid=‘74794’ dateline=‘1573797982’]

Thanks for your response man! My source told me to call USPS and figure out what they did with my package ASAP. Should I call them in the morning?
    [/quote]

I’d call them right away.

• it doesn’t matter because usps aint gonna do shit. They may or may not find out where it is or what happened. The bottom line is they probably fucked up and it’s going to show up anyway any minute.

• [quote=“Booger” pid=‘74802’ dateline=‘1573820121’]
    it doesn’t matter because usps aint gonna do shit. They may or may not find out where it is or what happened. The bottom line is they probably fucked up and it’s going to show up anyway any minute.
    [/quote]

I contacted carrier and was told it was already sent back to the sender from the local office. I put a request in to have the package redelivered, but I’m not sure I’ll get anything.

Thoughts?

• [quote=“Halfpint89” pid=‘74809’ dateline=‘1573836725’]
    [quote=“Booger” pid=‘74802’ dateline=‘1573820121’]
    it doesn’t matter because usps aint gonna do shit. They may or may not find out where it is or what happened. The bottom line is they probably fucked up and it’s going to show up anyway any minute.
    [/quote]

I contacted carrier and was told it was already sent back to the sender from the local office. I put a request in to have the package redelivered, but I’m not sure I’ll get anything.

Thoughts?
    [/quote]

They messed up. You won’t get it if they already sent it back, even if you put in a request for redelivery.

• [quote=“Masterofron” pid=‘74812’ dateline=‘1573838107’]
    [quote=“Halfpint89” pid=‘74809’ dateline=‘1573836725’]
    [/quote]

Thoughts?
    [/quote]

They messed up. You won’t get it if they already sent it back, even if you put in a request for redelivery.
    [/quote]

Alrighty. So just move on? Think there’s anything to be concerned about here?

• [quote=“Halfpint89” pid=‘74813’ dateline=‘1573838436’]

[/quote]

I wouldn’t worry about the contents of the pack, usps isn’t gonna do anything with that. Perhaps the sender can contact usps and get it rerouted to you, but I’m not sure if this service is available. Then again opsec is the main concern for a source so count on this pack being gone for good.

This is the one reason for having a PO box so this sort of crap doesn’t happen.

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘74816’ dateline=‘1573839228’]
    [quote=“Halfpint89” pid=‘74813’ dateline=‘1573838436’]

[/quote]

I wouldn’t worry about the contents of the pack, usps isn’t gonna do anything with that. Perhaps the sender can contact usps and get it rerouted to you, but I’m not sure if this service is available. Then again opsec is the main concern for a source so count on this pack being gone for good.

This is the one reason for having a PO box so this sort of crap doesn’t happen.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the response, man. I reached back out to the shipper. Bummer.

• [quote=“Halfpint89” pid=‘74813’ dateline=‘1573838436’]
    [quote=“Masterofron” pid=‘74812’ dateline=‘1573838107’]
    [/quote]

Thoughts?
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I bet you that they just scan the wrong thing or pushed the wrong button or whatever i bet the package shows up.

• [quote=“Booger” pid=‘74883’ dateline=‘1573910775’]
    [/quote]

Thoughts?
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I bet you that they just scan the wrong thing or pushed the wrong button or whatever i bet the package shows up.
    [/quote]

Did you not read what he wrote? He said “I contacted USPS and they said my package was returned to the sender”. There’s no “wrong scan or wrong button pushed” in this situation…

• The smallest PO Boxes are about $10 a month even cheaper if you order one for 12 months ahead. I really suggest investing in one if you’re going to order gear on the regular or if you live in an apartment complex.

If your box won’t fit into PO or it’s full they’ll leave you a slip and you can pick up the package at the counter.

• [quote=“WinterPharm” pid=‘74890’ dateline=‘1573918905’]
    The smallest PO Boxes are about $10 a month even cheaper if you order one for 12 months ahead. I really suggest investing in one if you’re going to order gear on the regular or if you live in an apartment complex.

If your box won’t fit into PO or it’s full they’ll leave you a slip and you can pick up the package at the counter.
    [/quote]

This is very solid advice. Even amazon has had several delays/issues when I order to my home address, but I’ve never had a single issue with any carrier when it’s to my P.O. Box. Packages show up early in the morning, and I get a text/email from my P.O. Box telling me I got mail.

• The only times a package gets a RTS is when

• Shipper requests it

• Driver is unable to find the location and needs directions. It’s held on a shelf for 10 business and within that time you or the shipper would be called daily till they find a way to deliver it

• The contents were damaged in transit and a damaged package report was made

There might be other odd reasons but a RTS isn’t some stupid mis click. You have to scan it in and type the reason why it was returned then you have to get a RTS tag and hand write the reason on there to. A RTS doesn’t happen so easily because it’s losing the company money. It not only will probably get sent back to the shipper but the shipper can then resend it for no cost. Now it’s been going back and forth between stations wasting resources. I’m curious how neither of you were contacted about it.

• [quote=“Masterofron” pid=‘74892’ dateline=‘1573919969’]
    [quote=“WinterPharm” pid=‘74890’ dateline=‘1573918905’]
    The smallest PO Boxes are about $10 a month even cheaper if you order one for 12 months ahead. I really suggest investing in one if you’re going to order gear on the regular or if you live in an apartment complex.

[/quote]

This is very solid advice. Even amazon has had several delays/issues when I order to my home address, but I’ve never had a single issue with any carrier when it’s to my P.O. Box. Packages show up early in the morning, and I get a text/email from my P.O. Box telling me I got mail.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the advice! I may get a PO Box in the future, but I need to place an order right now and am going to go ahead and do so to my house with another source. Kind of nervous tbh.

• [quote=“Masterofron” pid=‘74887’ dateline=‘1573917453’]
    [quote=“Booger” pid=‘74883’ dateline=‘1573910775’]

Thoughts?
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you not read what he wrote? He said “I contacted USPS and they said my package was returned to the sender”. There’s no “wrong scan or wrong button pushed” in this situation…
    [/quote]
    I had a package that USPS said was undeliverable and was returned to sender that then came like a week later.
    I had a package that USPS said was delivered that wasn’t that showed up at my door three days later. Good luck y’all