My baseline labs (first panel ever)

Topic created · 9 Posts · 305 Views
  • Hey guys,

So I just got my first Basic Hormone Panel blood draw done so I know my baseline before I start my first cycle and here are the results: https://imgur.com/U7awaNd (I’m 27yo about 195lbs ~20% bf)

Apparently my liver values aren’t looking too good which I never would’ve guessed as I’ve always considered myself in good health but maybe I’m wrong and these values aren’t absurd for someone pounding protein daily and hitting the gym pretty hard… Does anyone know if I should be concerned?

FYI I haven’t seen doctor since I was a baby and I’m currently 27.
    The only thing I could possibly say that could maybe be a symptom is fatigue/being tired. I get 7-8hrs sleep every night and still am pretty tired af every morning.

I know my test is technically in range but I’ve always felt like I’ve had low test growing up. Is 414 low for an active gym goer 27yo?

Anyways, I look forward to any comments.

Thanks

• Those are more than just a little outside of range. Do you drink or take medication? BUN has to do with kidneys and it is out of range so you may want to look into that. I would t start a cycle with those issues.

• Hi Gbunk, you’re definitely good at responding to my posts, thanks a lot man.

Based on the limited research I did I came to a non-definitive conclusion that a possibility of my BUN and BUN/Creatinine ratio being high is due to the large volume of protein in my diet, once again just a loose conclusion/possible cause.

Looking at my AST (SGOT) and ALT (SGPT) those values are also high af which has me concerned.

I’m by no means a heavy drinker and never really have been, but I’ve always had quite a tolerance imo when I do drink.

I take 0 medications currently and other than taking finasteride/propecia for the last ~10 months or so I’ve never been on any medications. I literally just stopped taking propecia about a week ago and starting using RU-58841 topically with minoxidil instead to avoid the systemic shutdown of my DHT that propecia causes.

• Your AST / ALT values are extremely elevated. You definitely should see a doctor ASAP. If I was just guessing I would think you had Hep C. Get it checked out man.

• [quote=“HeathGT” pid=‘75425’ dateline=‘1574485358’]
    Your AST / ALT values are extremely elevated. You definitely should see a doctor ASAP. If I was just guessing I would think you had Hep C. Get it checked out man.
    [/quote]

Yea that’s my first guess as well. I work in a hospital although not in direct patient care and although I get my vaccinations there’s still a good chance I contracted it somehow.

Ugh, why can’t my shit just be normal and healthy dammit. We just had our benefits change so it’s gonna be a pain in the ass getting a new doc appointment set up but I definitely want to be in my best health, especially if I plan on starting a cycle. I’ll see about getting checked out.

• I don’t think so. I believe hep C would be levels ranging from like 500 to 2000 based off what I think I remember seeing but could be wrong. I take in a high amount of protein myself but my BUN is almost always in range or 1 or so points high. I can’t say I’ve really ever seen one that high. I would get it checked out because kidneys aren’t very resilient like other things.

• Anyone ever have their “eos absolute” elevated? My last bloods it was 0.7, the range is 0.1-0.4. can’t really find anything on how aas raised this unless it’s non aas related.

• [quote=“Gbunk” pid=‘75452’ dateline=‘1574528653’]
    I don’t think so. I believe hep C would be levels ranging from like 500 to 2000 based off what I think I remember seeing but could be wrong. I take in a high amount of protein myself but my BUN is almost always in range or 1 or so points high. I can’t say I’ve really ever seen one that high. I would get it checked out because kidneys aren’t very resilient like other things.
    [/quote]

Most of the time those with Hepatitis will show only slightly elevated liver enzymes. T-Bil is often the test that shows chronic liver disease, and of course jaundice, edema, swollen abdomen, and a greenish glow to their eyes in low light situations. Of course these people on deaths door. ALP is often elevated in patients with Hep C.

The OP’s high protein diet could elevate his BUN, his creatinine isn’t elevated so his kidney’s aren’t showing sign of deficiency. However I recommend balance diets, high protein diets are mostly bulls**t, carbs are necessary to fuel workouts, eat more veggies and less meat.

At this point I’d run a lipid panel, hepatitis panel that screens for hep A, B and C antibodies. Because of the elevated liver enzymes there’s no need to run any antigen tests for hepatitis or test for the IgM HBV because this wouldn’t be an acute infection. I’m gonna assume the OP is vaccinated for Hep B, so his Hep B surface Ab titer should be high enough to provide lifetime immunization, so check on that.

IV drug use or snorting, Unprotected (male-male sex, sex with prostitutes, anal sex), Tattoos, sharing a razor. Hep C is very easy to contract because many people don’t know they have it and viral loads in these patients can be millions/ml of plasma. Hep B is much easier to transmit through body fluids(direct contact), where’s Hep C can live on surfaces for 3 weeks. Of course most genotypes of Hep C now have treatments to clear the infection, but it’s not cheap.

The OP could have had EBV or CMV as this can cause liver enzyme elevation for years post exposure. Most people will be exposed at some point, Mono being the most common.

At this point the OP has enough natural Test to keep himself going. I wouldn’t run any AAS until he figures out what is going on.

If your GP can’t figure out why his liver enzymes are elevated, see a hepatologist. It might be that you need a biopsy.

None of this was intended to scare the OP, for all we know his specimen could have been mislabeled and ran on the wrong patient. So repeat labs are always recommended when in doubt.

And also don’t drink alcohol anymore until you find out the cause of your liver inflammation.
    [hr]
    [quote=“ZugZugPowerShrug” pid=‘75455’ dateline=‘1574531575’]
    Anyone ever have their “eos absolute” elevated? My last bloods it was 0.7, the range is 0.1-0.4. can’t really find anything on how aas raised this unless it’s non aas related.
    [/quote]

Eosinophil elevation is most commonly seen in those with allergies or in cases with parasite infections.

I see it in patients with inflammatory disease…asthma, allergies(seasonal), eczema

Reaction to drugs, so if you’re taking any medications like diet pills, antibiotics.

Marked elevations (like 50% of Neutrophils) Leukemia.

And your EOS absolute count is only very very slightly elevated. There’s absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Hey guys, I just saw the new responses and greatly appreciate all of your input. I gotta say having always felt perfectly healthy these numbers did/do concern me as maybe me always being tired has been a symptom rather than lack of sleep. Like I mentioned my workplace just went through benefits change so it’s gonna be a pita but I’m going to look into getting checked out before I run any aas.