How does sending out tracking # can be a sec issue?

Topic created · 10 Posts · 600 Views
  • Hi,

Why do some sources refuse to send tracking because of security reasons?

Just wondering

• [quote]Why do some sources refuse to send tracking?[/quote]

Well, seems you answered your own question.

[quote]because of security reasons[/quote]

Sign up for informed delivery my man https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

• Also sign up for 17trackapp to track international packages and it makes it easier to plug in tracking numbers so you can instantly view your tracking without logging into informed delivery.

• [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘75856’ dateline=‘1574868037’]
    [quote]Why do some sources refuse to send tracking?[/quote]

Well, seems you answered your own question.

[quote]because of security reasons[/quote]

Sign up for informed delivery my man https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action
    [/quote]

I just fail to see the reason of how it makes it less secure
    [hr]
    [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘75864’ dateline=‘1574873338’]
    Also sign up for 17trackapp to track international packages and it makes it easier to plug in tracking numbers so you can instantly view your tracking without logging into informed delivery.
    [/quote]

I don’t get any tracking from my source anymore

• It doesn’t cause a security issue anymore THANKS to informed delivery… Now it really doesn’t matter wether or not sources give out tracking, and that’s probably why half of them do provide tracking nowadays.

• [quote=“Anabolic92” pid=‘75867’ dateline=‘1574875332’]

[/quote]

I don’t see how the procurement of your tracking information is relevant, just sign up for informed delivery and you’ll have the information as soon as the label is created and not when the source has a chance to email you back. It’s tits bro. I’ve never used that 17track app though FWIW

• [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘75875’ dateline=‘1574877175’]
    [quote=“Anabolic92” pid=‘75867’ dateline=‘1574875332’]

[/quote]

I don’t see how the procurement of your tracking information is relevant, just sign up for informed delivery and you’ll have the information as soon as the label is created and not when the source has a chance to email you back. It’s tits bro. I’ve never used that 17track app though FWIW
    [/quote]

You should get the 17trackapp because it tracks packs from all over the world and syncs to all major forms of delivery. USPS informed delivery often sucks when trying to track a pack from say Israel, or Ukraine, or even Russia…ect.

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘75881’ dateline=‘1574880042’]
    [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘75875’ dateline=‘1574877175’]
    [quote=“Anabolic92” pid=‘75867’ dateline=‘1574875332’]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You should get the 17trackapp because it tracks packs from all over the world and syncs to all major forms of delivery. USPS informed delivery often sucks when trying to track a pack from say Israel, or Ukraine, or even Russia…ect.
    [/quote]

Yeh 17track is great, personally I use parcelsapp for everything, even amazon because their updates suck and are always inaccurate.

• Just so you guys all know, not everyone is eligible for informed delivery.
    They do not have it in my zip code.
    I live in one of the 5 biggest cities in the US and I have tried to sign up for it many times

https://informeddelivery.usps.com says

“Sorry Your address is not currently eligible for Informed Delivery. Please check back at a later date.”

• [quote=“unclecurley” pid=‘75912’ dateline=‘1574908365’]
    Just so you guys all know, not everyone is eligible for informed delivery.
    They do not have it in my zip code.
    I live in one of the 5 biggest cities in the US and I have tried to sign up for it many times

https://informeddelivery.usps.com says

“Sorry Your address is not currently eligible for Informed Delivery. Please check back at a later date.”
    [/quote]

I actually didn’t know that. I wonder what about your location would prohibit it if you’re in a large city.